Atlantic Sun Football

fishi1217

Hey guys! This is my first time posting my own topic on the boards so let's see how this goes.

This thread will consist of my Football uniform concepts for the Atlantic Sun Conference, a D1 non-football conference.

Notes: I know I'm using an old template, so I'll apologize in advance for that. A lot of this was using the paint bucket tool but there are a few instances of brushes, pen tool, etc. Lastly, this is my first concept so I know it's not the best by far, and C&C is completely welcome, and changes will be made accordingly. Thank you!

teamchamps.jpg

Here is the first one and quite possibly the simplest, the Florida Gulf Coast University Eagles.

These are primarily based off of their basketball uniforms.

Thanks for checking this out, C&C welcome.

Up Next: Jacksonville University.

Home.jpg

Away.jpg

teamchamps.jpg

1 hour ago, JMtexan09 said:

I liked where it goes, maybe you could do 2 more helmets (one blue with Eagle head and other with just FGCU logo on it) but these are well done

Helmet options were always in the back of my mind but I never got around to it. Maybe i'll do it as I go. Here are some for FGCU.

HelmetOptions.jpg

teamchamps.jpg

This is a great start for your first concept! A little C&C though

-Make numbers a little bigger

-Thin out the pant stripes

-Move up the FGCU wordmark just a little on the jersey

Also, if you save your images as .png on paint (I assume you're using paint), it makes it a better quality image than .JPEG and easier to visit if you need to edit. I'd also recommend downloading Paint.NET. Its a software similar to paint, but with more tools for customization. There are YouTube tutorials on how to use it, it's fairly similar to paint. Other than that, good start!

spacer.png

12 hours ago, fishi1217 said:

Here is the first one and quite possibly the simplest, the Florida Gulf Coast University Eagles.

These are primarily based off of their basketball uniforms.

Thanks for checking this out, C&C welcome.

Up Next: Jacksonville University.

Home.jpg

Away.jpg

Could I see a green alt?

I'm glad you did start a thread for the ASun teams. And the start is pretty good. I really like how you made blue and green look well, seeing that the two colors are close on the color palette. I'm really liking that blue helmet. My suggestions would just to make the back number larger and maybe putting the FGCU script from the helmet onto the jersey for the font. Other than that this is a good start and can't wait to see more. 

Here's Jacksonville

Oddly enough, they already have a football program, and they play community colleges and such.

I didn't know where to go with this one, but i think I like how it turned out.

Again, simple, hopefully we can start to get more complex with Kennesaw or NJIT.

C&C welcome, thanks guys.

Home.png

Away.png

teamchamps.jpg

Hey guys! I'm sorry for the delay on things, I actually only have photoshop at school Mon-Fri. so i can't make any modifications as of right now but I will go ahead and post another just to keep things going, and will tackle C&C for both Jacksonville and this one when i get back to school.

Here's Lipscomb:

Home.jpg

Away.jpg

Alternate.jpg

teamchamps.jpg

On 2/23/2017 at 9:56 AM, fishi1217 said:

Here's Jacksonville

Oddly enough, they already have a football program, and they play community colleges and such.

I didn't know where to go with this one, but i think I like how it turned out.

Again, simple, hopefully we can start to get more complex with Kennesaw or NJIT.

C&C welcome, thanks guys.

Home.png

Away.png

They play a Division-I FCS schedule, and are part of a Division-I FCS football conference.. I don't think they played a single community college this past season, and last season they went up and knocked off the Blue Hens of Delaware

These are okay, but some things need a fixing. 

1. No need for contrasting collars on all jerseys. Lipscomb would look a lot better with a collar that matches the jersey. Also, the flywire part being a different color than the back part of the collar is a bad look.

2. Make the chest wordmarks smaller. Right now they're way too big and push the front number down too far. Speaking of front number...

3. They can be a bit bigger once you make the wordmarks and conference logos smaller. Also make sure to put them closer to the wordmark as well.

4. Make the back numbers bigger too. They should go a little bit over the boundaries of the back panel.

Just some advice to help clean up the overall looks. 

AM-JKLUm-gD6dFoY5MvQGgjXb2rzP7kMTHmGf8UsR6KOCYQnHU-0HSFi-zjXHepGDckUAHcduu3pVgvwxe06RKDW2y2Z2BmhEOe8OP-WSY1XqLT9KsQ0ZP75J9loQuNrvLW208pEWCg9jq8aNx-zFneH9aPQQA=w800-h112-no?authuser=0

spacer.png

1 hour ago, fishi1217 said:

@WavePunter, my apologies. I honestly did not know that. The more you know, huh?

I'm working on some tweaks now, hopefully i get them done soon.

They play in the non-scholarship Pioneer Football League, with U. of San Diego, Marist, Davidson, Butler, Valparaiso, Dayton, Drake, Morehead State, Stetson, and Campbell (departing for the Big South after 2017).

GoldenPanthers.png
RiverHawks.png

Archived