Shout out to Jiffy for not wasting anyone's time.

CS85

Just wanted to take a moment to praise Jiffy.  

It's really not even Jiffy.  It's "Jiffy" mix.  They make mix for cornbread, muffins, that kind of stuff, and have been doing so since 1930.  That's all.  They don't do anything else.

Look at their damn website.  It's straightforward, not terribly pretty, but whatever.  http://www.jiffymix.com/

They use archaic clip art and have a stupid 1996-era CG rendering of an anthropomorphic box of Jiffy waving a friendly hello to you, the visitor.  Glorious.

Corny-home_page-image.jpg

Hello to you too, sir!

Look at this damn box:

Jiffy-Corn-Muffin-Mix-Box.jpg

There's been minor variations of this on all of their products, but essentially it's all the same.  The red area has some sort of denotation - "America's favorite," or "value something or whatever" - "Jiffy" in quotes because it'll be done in a JIFFY!  Get it yet, you stupid jerk?  Has some gold medal sticker on there (which it may or may not always be) but I mean look at that sticker, all shiny and important.  Red white and blue everywhere, just as God intended.  Then as a bonus they show you how goddamn delicious those muffins are going to turn out once you add some egg and milk to this delicious powder.  Holy :censored: , sign me up!

Best part?  This stuff is like 90 cents a box.  They don't give a rat's ass.  It's dirt cheap.  The box fits pleasantly into a pocket or hand, and the satisfying heft of it makes you feel like you came out a winner!  "8.5 oz for less than a dollar?  I'm cheating the system!"

All they ask is that you eat it and love it and enjoy your American kickass life.  They don't need to rebrand or use some skateboarder kid to make kids want to buy muffin mix.  There's no point in a Call of Duty cross promotion or a Ghostbusters tie-in.  It's muffin mix.  Just buy the :censored: , grandma.

"You are nothing more than a small cancer on this message board. You are not entertaining, you are a complete joke."

twitter

Just now, CreamSoda said:

This vegetarian option has me wondering....

vegetarian_home_page-art.jpg

Jiffy's got you covered, fam:

http://www.jiffymix.com/faq_item.php/65/What_is_the_difference_between_your_regular_Corn_Muffin_and_Vegetarian_Corn_Muffin_mixes_

"You are nothing more than a small cancer on this message board. You are not entertaining, you are a complete joke."

twitter

My mom has been using Jiffy mix to frost brownies since time immemorial. That box ain't changed a lick since the Reagan administration, and it doesn't need to.

On 1/25/2013 at 1:53 PM, 'Atom said:

For all the bird de lis haters I think the bird de lis isnt supposed to be a pelican and a fleur de lis I think its just a fleur de lis with a pelicans head. Thats what it looks like to me. Also the flair around the tip of the beak is just flair that fleur de lis have sometimes source I am from NOLA.

PotD: 10/19/07, 08/25/08, 07/22/10, 08/13/10, 04/15/11, 05/19/11, 01/02/12, and 01/05/12.

10 hours ago, CS85 said:

There's been minor variations of this on all of their products, but essentially it's all the same.  The red area has some sort of denotation - "America's favorite," or "value something or whatever" - "Jiffy" in quotes because it'll be done in a JIFFY!  Get it yet, you stupid jerk?  Has some gold medal sticker on there (which it may or may not always be) but I mean look at that sticker, all shiny and important.  Red white and blue everywhere, just as God intended.  Then as a bonus they show you how goddamn delicious those muffins are going to turn out once you add some egg and milk to this delicious powder.  Holy :censored: , sign me up!

Best part?  This stuff is like 90 cents a box.  They don't give a rat's ass.  It's dirt cheap.  The box fits pleasantly into a pocket or hand, and the satisfying heft of it makes you feel like you came out a winner!  "8.5 oz for less than a dollar?  I'm cheating the system!"

All they ask is that you eat it and love it and enjoy your American kickass life.  They don't need to rebrand or use some skateboarder kid to make kids want to buy muffin mix.  There's no point in a Call of Duty cross promotion or a Ghostbusters tie-in.  It's muffin mix.  Just buy the :censored: , grandma

Best description ever.

The family company behind Jiffy, Chelsea Milling, doesn't even advertise (outside of their own distribution trucks).

Not one TV commercial ever.

Outside of a Food Network feature, the website and other social media is all they do.

The family management is case study lore. Most everyone knows when to leave to go do something else when the time comes.

http://www.managementparadise.com/forums/marketing-management/210635-marketing-strategy-chelsea-milling-company.html

11 hours ago, dfwabel said:

The family company behind Jiffy, Chelsea Milling, doesn't even advertise (outside of their own distribution trucks).

Not one TV commercial ever.

Outside of a Food Network feature, the website and other social media is all they do.

The family management is case study lore. Most everyone knows when to leave to go do something else when the time comes.

http://www.managementparadise.com/forums/marketing-management/210635-marketing-strategy-chelsea-milling-company.html

Carmex has a similar approach, right? I remember reading that the extent of Carmex's advertising was a member of the ownership family getting vanity license plates.

On 1/25/2013 at 1:53 PM, 'Atom said:

For all the bird de lis haters I think the bird de lis isnt supposed to be a pelican and a fleur de lis I think its just a fleur de lis with a pelicans head. Thats what it looks like to me. Also the flair around the tip of the beak is just flair that fleur de lis have sometimes source I am from NOLA.

PotD: 10/19/07, 08/25/08, 07/22/10, 08/13/10, 04/15/11, 05/19/11, 01/02/12, and 01/05/12.

48 minutes ago, Sodboy13 said:

Carmex has a similar approach, right? I remember reading that the extent of Carmex's advertising was a member of the ownership family getting vanity license plates.

Carmex started advertising in 2006 and last year's LSU/Wisconsin game at Lambeau had Carmex as a title sponsor to introduce their new logo.   

And then you have Trombotine slide lubricant (get your damn mind out of the gutter).

Box is colorful but it's the same old tube that's been around for decade upon decade.

TR338.jpg

VmWIn6B.png

There's not one thing about this thread that doesn't make me happy. Just happy. Thank you @CS85, and thank you Jiffy Corn Bread Mix for being 'Muricanly awesome since the beginning of time.

Lz5f6vZ.png

But God demonstrates His own love toward us, in that while we were still sinners, Christ died for us. Romans 5:8/      Check Out My: Little Big League MLB ProjectDribbble

Archived