Milwaukee Bucks "Cream City" Alternate Uniform Concept by Scheuer

Scheuer

title.png

I'm not the biggest NBA fan, but I root for the Milwaukee Bucks. I loved the Bucks' rebrand from a few years ago, but I didn't really like the alternate jersey. I think that it was a little sloppy and too busy. As I've started to do more basketball concepts lately, I wanted to redesign the Bucks' alternate jersey. I was thinking of just making another black version, but I wanted to be open to other options. I started thinking more about the city nicknames alternate jerseys. I think some of them, like Charlotte's are a little weird, but they have amazing potential. Milwaukee is known as the Cream City due to the color of the bricks of many of the historical buildings around the city. I wanted to make a Bucks jersey based around this nickname. 

My goals for the uniform was to keep it as crisp and clean as possible. I wanted something that spoke to Milwaukee's traditional, industrial and working class attitude while still being modern and cutting edge. I also wanted to incorporate elements of the color scheme that I thought aren't used enough, namely the cream, blue, and black. Here is what I came up with.

creamcity_2.png

The most noticable thing about the uniform is the cream base. This was something I was wanting to see on the home uniform, but it didn't happen. The cream is complemented with the arching "Cream City" script on the jersey, with the number between the two words. This old-school design element hearkens back to the tradition of Milwaukee. The blue and black stripe is found on the upper half of the jersey and also on the bottom of the shorts. I didn't want to make anything too busy on the sides of the uniform, less is more in this situation. A green stripe is found on the bottom of the shorts, with the Bucks logo above it.

Overall, the pulls both from the traditionalist past and the future, similar to what the Bucks' redesign did. Let me know what you think!

Really good job, especially the name, its perfect. If i had one complaint its that the Buck on the shorts doesn't blend well with the stripes behind it, but other than that, I'm a huge fan of this over their current. Awesome work!

Lz5f6vZ.png

But God demonstrates His own love toward us, in that while we were still sinners, Christ died for us. Romans 5:8/      Check Out My: Little Big League MLB ProjectDribbble

1 hour ago, Bruins said:

Really good job, especially the name, its perfect. If i had one complaint its that the Buck on the shorts doesn't blend well with the stripes behind it, but other than that, I'm a huge fan of this over their current. Awesome work!

Thanks man, I really appreicate it! The stripes on the shorts were really bugging me, I tried a bunch of different options with different logos and striping placements and none of them really worked, so I just went with this one. 

16 hours ago, NoE38 said:

Really liking this jersey, it really brings out the team's unique colour scheme. Not much of a basketball design expert, but what if you put the two stripes near the top of the shorts? 

I changed the striping on the shorts which I think does look a lot better. My only concern is it leaves the bottoms of the shorts looking kind of empty.

Archived