Worst NBA Uniforms

kimball

• Replies 128
  • Created
  • Last Reply
4 minutes ago, kimball said:

What do you think are the worst uniforms for each NBA team?

Here are my choices ...

A - Atlantic.pngA - Central.pngA - Southeast.pngA - Northwest.pngA - Pacific.pngA - Southwest.png

You have somehow managed to include in this list the only good uniforms in the histories of the Raptors and the Magic.

Also, it's a huge oversight to have missed this reverse-classic from the Nets.

Image result for nets new jersey tie dye

logo-diamonds-for-CC-no-photo-sig.png

23 minutes ago, Ferdinand Cesarano said:

You have somehow managed to include in this list the only good uniforms in the histories of the Raptors and the Magic.

Only good uniforms in the history of...... that's a bit of an exaggeration don't you think.

On 2/22/2017 at 5:16 PM, Ferdinand Cesarano said:

Really though? That 1982-84 cursive 'New Jersey' road jerseys is horrendous. More so than these, in my opinion.

kimball banner.png

"I always wanted to be somebody, but now I realize I should have been more specific." Lily Tomlin

11 minutes ago, Carolina_boi99 said:

Only good uniforms in the history of...... that's a bit of an exaggeration don't you think.

No, I don't.  Both the Raptors and the Magic have had horrible designs for most of their existences.  The pictures in that montage show the only uniforms that these teams have had that are fit for adults. (I will say that the praise that the original Orlando uniform with the infantile hand-written script gets around here constitutes one of the great mysteries of the universe.)

4 minutes ago, kimball said:

Really though? That 1982-84 cursive 'New Jersey' road jerseys are horrendous. More so than these [the tie-dye jobbies], in my opinion.

Those uniforms were uninspiring.  But they were not as bad as the tie-dye.  Indeed, they were not as bad as what the Nets wear now! 

42 minutes ago, kimball said:

What do you think are the worst uniforms for each NBA team?

Here are my choices ...

A - Atlantic.pngA - Central.pngA - Southeast.pngA - Northwest.pngA - Pacific.pngA - Southwest.png

Agreed on Boston, Philly, Atlanta (that yellow jersey looks awful), Portland, Phoenix, Lakers, Mavericks (good idea in theory, bad in execution), maybe Orlando. I actually like the Pacers and Knicks uniforms you posted (yes, I know it was the wrong colors for the Knicks, but I still like the uniform itself). I LOVED that red '90s Heat alternate; I always hoped they'd be wearing it when I watched them back in those days. I would sort of like that Thunder uniform if it weren't sleeved. The current Clippers' red jersey is better than their black jersey (although if you just mean the overall set I agree). Disagree on T-Wolves: they looked better, not worse, before they got rid of the tree pattern on their jerseys. Not sure about Spurs because they've always looked more or less the same. I don't know that the Warriors have ever had a truly bad look except maybe their current sleeved black alts.

12 minutes ago, Ferdinand Cesarano said:

No, I don't.  Both the Raptors and the Magic have had horrible designs for most of their existences.  The pictures in that montage show the only uniforms that these teams have had that are fit for adults. (I will say that the praise that the original Orlando uniform with the infantile hand-written script gets around here constitutes one of the great mysteries of the universe.)

The original Magic uniforms were fun. They were meant to appeal to kids more than to adults (ditto the name) but they appealed to adults too because they were fun. The original Raptors jerseys weren't as good in my opinion, but they were still meant to be...well, fun. 'Twas the mid-nineties, my friend. 

Incidentally, I'm surprised you actually like the Raptors look that had a purple-in-front-black-in-back road jersey. I would think that would be one thing that would drive both of us crazy, different as we are. (I'm not totally sure it's their worst look because I think they looked better with purple in their color scheme than they do without.)

8 minutes ago, MCM0313 said:

Incidentally, I'm surprised you actually like the Raptors look that had a purple-in-front-black-in-back road jersey. I would think that would be one thing that would drive both of us crazy, different as we are. (I'm not totally sure it's their worst look because I think they looked better with purple in their color scheme than they do without.)

Ah, that is a good point.  I was going only by the home uniform shown.  So, then, I will rescind my comment about that uniform being their best ever, and bestow that honour on their current uniform, which, despite lettering that is not as good as that on the set shown in the picture, is nevertheless a great example of a clean and dignified style.

7 minutes ago, Rj0498 said:

My personal (un)favorite

images.jpg

That could've been good. That set had a solid home and a good away. A green alternate in the same template as the home and away would've been a bit generic, perhaps, but it would nonetheless have been aesthetically pleasing. This...this logo is so big that it distracts from everything else and almost makes the jersey look like it's a purple-green gradient rather than green.

I think I was around 10 or 11 when the Magic became a thing and I remember seeing those uniforms and being like "dafaq with that 2?"  They were terrible.  I don't care if they were supposed to be "fun", they were too childish and looked silly on grown-ass men.  They got good pretty quickly thanks to Shaq and Penny, which IMO is about the only explanation I can think of for those things being remembered so fondly.

Seriously - what's up with the numbers?  The 2 is disgusting.

10434c_lg.jpeg

"The views expressed here are mine and do not reflect the official opinion of my employer or the organization through which the Internet was accessed."

Just now, BringBackTheVet said:

I think I was around 10 or 11 when the Magic became a thing and I remember seeing those uniforms and being like "dafaq with that 2?"  They were terrible.  I don't care if they were supposed to be "fun", they were too childish and looked silly on grown-ass men.  They got good pretty quickly thanks to Shaq and Penny, which IMO is about the only explanation I can think of for those things being remembered so fondly.

Seriously - what's up with the numbers?  The 2 is disgusting.

10434c_lg.jpeg

I believe that is the thunder/Seahawk principle. Where a uniform that would usually be called ugly as sin but, gets a pass because their team is awesome

12 minutes ago, Ferdinand Cesarano said:

Ah, that is a good point.  I was going only by the home uniform shown.  So, then, I will rescind my comment about that uniform being their best ever, and bestow that honour on their current uniform, which, despite lettering that is not as good as that on the set shown in the picture, is nevertheless a great example of a clean and dignified style.

Maybe so. Needs purple...or at the very least, SOMETHING to distinguish these guys from all the other red-black teams in the league (Portland, Chicago, Miami). No, having gold trim on the alt doesn't count.

Incidentally, I wouldn't be opposed to the Raptors getting a total recolor. They were purple originally because it was 1995 - well, I'm sure the color was chosen a year or two in advance, but you get my point. The Velociraptor was a chicken-sized predator/scavenger that was covered in feathers. A live one has never been seen by human eyes. There's no reason a team named after it NEEDS to be any particular color. There's not enough orange in the NBA; how about that? Toronto basketball has blue in its history too. Orange primary, blue secondary, silver tertiary? Just one possible idea. Regardless, red-black looks generic.

1 minute ago, Rj0498 said:

I believe that is the thunder/Seahawk principle. Where a uniform that would usually be called ugly as sin but, gets a pass because their team is awesome

I don't care how good the Thunder are, I'm always going to call out their whole identity for being ugly as sin.

Also, I'd like to submit this mismatched mess for the Warriors (extra points for technically starting the sleeved jersey trend):

warriors.jpg

ibgsr9.jpg

san_diego_destroyers_player_sig___qb_wal

3 minutes ago, Rj0498 said:

Perhaps. The black one was the best of the set though. 

Just now, dfwabel said:

The Kings have had lots of worse looks than the gold.

mitch-richmond_zpswucadvwz.jpg

And the Bobcats seem to have been forgotten.

14-bobcats-racer_zpsfl0saobh.jpg

Hmm, both teams in checkerboard sides...do I sense a theme?

I actually liked that half-and-half Kings jersey better than the front-and-back Raptors jersey, for what it's worth.

1 minute ago, ChicagoOakland said:

I don't care how good the Thunder are, I'm always going to call out their whole identity for being ugly as sin.

Also, I'd like to submit this mismatched mess for the Warriors (extra points for technically starting the sleeved jersey trend):

warriors.jpg

Ah, I remember seeing these announced when I was in high school. They were just as ugly then as now.

Archived