Worst NBA Uniforms

kimball

11 hours ago, jmac11281 said:

This looks like something straight off the clearance rack at Kohl's or Target. 

Nah, more like TJ Maxx.

kimball banner.png

"I always wanted to be somebody, but now I realize I should have been more specific." Lily Tomlin

• Replies 128
  • Created
  • Last Reply
9 hours ago, Cujo said:

Perhaps an unpopular opinion, but I despised everything about this set.

sixers26.jpg

The purist (however much there is) in me tells me to hate those uniforms, but I've got to say that overall I'm okay with them, especially considering the time they came out.  Would I want them to wear them today?  No.

That was during a time when even other "traditional"-looking teams really mixed it up and went all-in on the crazy mid-90s looks.  If the Sixers were going to do the mid-90s thing, I'm glad it came out the way it did.  Could have been much worse.  I'm even okay with the black.  It's just what teams were doing.  And, overall, objectively (not considering history, etc.), I do think they look cool.

Retro is now in, so it makes sense that they look the way they do now.  I guess what I am trying to say is that I think the Sixers have always looked appropriate for their time.  They seem to go with trends but don't hang onto them for longer than they need to.  I'll even give them credit for the cheesy look they had in the early 90s - regardless of what you think of those uniforms, they do look very early-90s.  They don't look out of place for that time.

This thing needs to get blasted off to Mars, pronto:

IMG_5832.PNG

Every time I go to a game, the honest to goodness first thing I think about walking into the arena is "please for the love of all that's good and decent PLEASE don't wear the sleeves". Luckily it hasn't happened yet. Hopefully never.

CCSLC%20Signature_1.png

29 minutes ago, FinsUp1214 said:

IMG_5832.PNG

Every time I go to a game, the honest to goodness first thing I think about walking into the arena is "please for the love of all that's good and decent PLEASE don't wear the sleeves". Luckily it hasn't happened yet. Hopefully never.

Please don't hate me for this, but I actually like these aside from the sleeves.

1 hour ago, FinsUp1214 said:

IMG_5832.PNG

Those would make a great mid-70's NASL soccer uniform.

I thought it WAS a mid-70's NASL uniform.

Fly Eagles Fly, on the road to victory...

Philadelphia Eagles: NFL Champions in 1948, 1949, 1960, Super Bowl Champions in 2017-18. Philadelphia Phillies: World Series Champions in 1980 and 2008. Philadelphia 76ers: NBA Champions in 1966-67 and 1982-83. Philadelphia Flyers: Stanley Cup Champions in 1973-74, 1974-75

2 hours ago, MCM0313 said:
2 hours ago, FinsUp1214 said:

IMG_5832.PNG

Please don't hate me for this, but I actually like these aside from the sleeves

I like these, including the sleeves. This uniform is absolutely gorgeous. 

I understand that sleeves are not traditional in basketball.  But we should realise that a sleeved jersey is just a normal shirt!  Therefore it is appropriate for any activity, including the playing of any sport.  

I am sorry that the sleeved jerseys will be going away.

logo-diamonds-for-CC-no-photo-sig.png

5 hours ago, FinsUp1214 said:

IMG_5832.PNG

These look like something I would see a 5 year old wear 

1 hour ago, Rj0498 said:

Speaking of something a 5 year old would wear. The hawks took a major downgrade with these unis. Their previous set was much better

atl-hawks-90s-bird-away-620x775.jpg

I actually reallllllly liked these. Out of all of the big logo nonsense in the league, these were the least gaudy.

For the worst Jersey do these count

NBA-All-Star-Uni.jpg

For the regular season I'd say either of these

122513_thunder-knicks_600.jpg

I get the futuristic thing. I actually like the sleeves on a couple Jerseys like the Cavs or the Bulls black. Maybe I need to think more progressive.

ATL

7 hours ago, FinsUp1214 said:

IMG_5832.PNG

I'm waiting for one of the players to come out dressed like this when they wear these again. Nobody would probably notice ...

d395bac066077cdcafe1e32c18429cf3.jpg

kimball banner.png

"I always wanted to be somebody, but now I realize I should have been more specific." Lily Tomlin

9 minutes ago, ImmortalChef said:

I still shiver every time I see these

Composite_Los_Angeles_Clippers_vector_uniforms.gif

I can STAND the black jersey, but I loathe the white jersey and abhor the red one. 

kimball banner.png

2 minutes ago, kimball said:

I can STAND the black jersey, but I loathe the white jersey and abhor the red one. 

Really, the black one? That one is my least favorite while the white one I have come to terms with

AwvgSX4.png

5 minutes ago, kimball said:

It is the opposite for me. I despise the black one most of all but the white one is alright.

I actually never hated the white version of the sixers waterfall uniforms. The red looked like ass tho. Not sure if there's any way to fix it. 

Maybe be a all blue version where only the stars were visible would've made a good road set. 

"The views expressed here are mine and do not reflect the official opinion of my employer or the organization through which the Internet was accessed."

That jersey was ass - white or red. 

Sixers were free falling at that point and have never recovered from the Moses/#1 pick trade. 

100% convinced if they keep that pick and just be smart they'd have been wearing the early 80s uniforms to this day with multiple titles. 

Archived