Best NBA Uniforms

kimball

• Replies 76
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Those Sixers uniforms were bad.

1.  Notice the outline around the letters.  Notice on the top right between the R and S.  NOtice on the bottom left between the S and I.  It's not just an outline around each individual letter, but around the entire wordmark.  That's a baffling design choice.

2.  The Copperplate-ish numbers.   

3.  The trim pattern just doesn't look good IMO (especially on the red jersey.)  It looks like it's either missing blue, or was applied too low.  

Shawn_Bradley_zps63f92a25.jpg

"The views expressed here are mine and do not reflect the official opinion of my employer or the organization through which the Internet was accessed."

1 hour ago, kimball said:

What uniforms do you think are each NBA team's best look?

Here are mine ...

B - Atlantic.pngB - Central.pngB - Southeast.pngB - Northwest.pngB - Pacific.pngB - Southwest.png

Your favorite and least-favorite Raptors uniforms were part of the same set. Ditto Memphis. Dallas too, although your fave came later on, after the garbage-bag alts were phased out...

That said, you have some pretty good ones here. The young-LeBron Cavs, the "NOLA" Hornets, the Irish Rainbow Bucks, and the black-side-panel Knicks are all ones I'd be likely to pick too.

8 minutes ago, MCM0313 said:

Your favorite and least-favorite Raptors uniforms were part of the same set. Ditto Memphis. Dallas too, although your fave came later on, after the garbage-bag alts were phased out...

That said, you have some pretty good ones here. The young-LeBron Cavs, the "NOLA" Hornets, the Irish Rainbow Bucks, and the black-side-panel Knicks are all ones I'd be likely to pick too.

...although the original Hornets and the NOLA Hornets were the same franchise, so that might hurt the continuity of your picks a bit. I dunno - your thread, your rules.

13 hours ago, MCM0313 said:

Right. I should have said that I didn't list them as sets, but individual jerseys. I hated those home purple versions. But, the two tone purple and black was pretty awesome.

kimball banner.png

"I always wanted to be somebody, but now I realize I should have been more specific." Lily Tomlin

2 hours ago, kimball said:

Right. I should have said that I didn't list them as sets, but individual jerseys. I hated those home purple versions. But, the two tone purple and black was pretty awesome.

I totally disagree on the two-tone, but I like the idea of listing individual jerseys rather than sets. Sometimes a single set can contain both good and bad uniforms.

5 hours ago, MCM0313 said:

I totally disagree on the two-tone, but I like the idea of listing individual jerseys rather than sets. Sometimes a single set can contain both good and bad uniforms.

That two tone is VERY early 2000s-ish. And, I think that's why I love it. Plus, the purple and black don't take too much away from each other. Would it work today? Probably not, since it is pretty dated now.

But, still their best look IMO.

What do you think is their best look?

kimball banner.png

"I always wanted to be somebody, but now I realize I should have been more specific." Lily Tomlin

5 minutes ago, kimball said:

That two tone is VERY early 2000s-ish. And, I think that's why I love it. Plus, the purple and black don't take too much away from each other. Would it work today? Probably not, since it is pretty dated now.

But, still their best look IMO.

What do you think is their best look?

I'm not sure. I feel like their first look was decent but not great. Their second look was...I'm not a fan of early-2000s design. I don't think they look great without purple. I guess I'd go with the first look by default, or possibly the black-and-gold alt...it doesn't make sense, but it's a good color combo that's seldom used in the NBA.

Archived