March Madness Concepts

CinnamonRoll21

Selection Sunday is a couple of weeks away and Nike and Adidas usually release new uniforms for a couple of teams. If your team is a lock for the Tourney, then expect a concept to be made for them. These are the teams that I'll be doing.

Nike

Gonzaga

Arizona

Villanova

Duke

Kentucky

Florida

North Carolina

Oregon

West Virginia

Virginia

Purdue

Adidas

Kansas

UCLA

Louisville

Wisconsin

Here are my Kansas Jayhawks

WIN_20170225_16_28_44_Pro.jpg

I can do all things through Christ who strengthens me.

Philippians 4:13

I'm no basketball design expert, but those numbers are HUGE.

If you are doing hand-drawn concepts, why not print off some templates and then colour them in? It would make them look a lot cleaner.

For Gonzaga, I would at least make the collar a different colour, it looks bland. (Then again, I'm not sure if any teams have jerseys like that)

@noe38concepts (Instagram - Twitter)

spacer.png

22 hours ago, NoE38 said:

If you are doing hand-drawn concepts, why not print off some templates and then colour them in? It would make them look a lot cleaner.

I agree. Sometimes I make hand-drawn concepts (rarely post them) just for fun, and I've found that using a template makes it a lot easier and looks a lot more accurate.

I agree with what the others have mentioned. Also, explain some of your reasoning in why you have chosen the design that you have. If you don't have specific thought for why you are doing it, take more time and think it over. Don't rush them. Anything worth doing will take time. I've had a lot of things that I've wanted to post, but I didn't want to post half-baked items. Draw it. Nothing wrong with hand-drawn. It's actually better than half-(butt) efforts with photoshop or GIMP. But if you hand draw it, try it several times to make sure it's what you want.

If you want to be taken seriously, you have to take yourself seriously, and not try to assembly line concepts.

ucla uni.pngucla uni away.pngI found a template to use for the rest of this topic (This is just an experiment). I don't have much experience with templates, so please give me some tips on how to use them. Also, can someone tell me how to get rid of this NBA logo?

Anyway, here's UCLA.

I can do all things through Christ who strengthens me.

Philippians 4:13

To remove the NBA logo, it depends on what program you use.

The concept is a decent start, there are just a few execution errors. the R in a circle shouldn't be on the away jersey, the wordmark looks a bit big, and I believe the name and number should be up higher. I would also put the skyline on the bottom of the shorts. Lastly, the jerseys themselves look a little bland. Don't be afraid to add some colour. The away jersey desperately needs yellow on it.

@noe38concepts (Instagram - Twitter)

spacer.png

39 minutes ago, CinnamonRoll21 said:

It's kinda hard when you're working with two colors. That's why I added the skyline.

But don't add the skyline to the shorts... It looks weird. You can use other colors like white or black. Most teams use those colors even if they aren't the "primary colors." I would also use the skyline at the bottom of the shorts, kinda like a stripe. 

spacer.png

jCMXRTJ.png.c7b9b888fd36f93c327929ec580f08dc.png

On 3/11/2017 at 4:48 PM, CinnamonRoll21 said:

It's kinda hard when you're working with two colors. That's why I added the skyline.

You have three colors... Light blue, gold and white... Teams like Mich. St. or Wisconsin have only two colors... 

"And those who know Your Name put their trust in You, for You, O Lord, have not forsaken those who seek You." Psalms 9:10

Archived