Company Logo

HRC4

A friend of mine is starting his own company and has asked me to create a logo for him. Are there certain types of fonts that I can and cannot use in the creation of his logo?

XcryMwi.png

2 hours ago, HRC4 said:

A friend of mine is starting his own company and has asked me to create a logo for him. Are there certain types of fonts that I can and cannot use in the creation of his logo?

If you browse through font sites like 1001Fonts and such, they should tell you whether or not the font is free for commercial use.

Do you have any particular font in mind you want to use?

iHxPa5Y.pngqXp6spn.png

"Winners never quit, and quitters never win." ~Vince Lombardi

32 minutes ago, ZionEagle said:

If you browse through font sites like 1001Fonts and such, they should tell you whether or not the font is free for commercial use.

Do you have any particular font in mind you want to use?

Nope. He hasn't told me what he is exactly looking for yet. I was trying to do a little bit of research ahead of time so that I didn't get done with my project and need to change everything up (though I realize that changing a font probably isn't the end of the world).

XcryMwi.png

37 minutes ago, HRC4 said:

Nope. He hasn't told me what he is exactly looking for yet. I was trying to do a little bit of research ahead of time so that I didn't get done with my project and need to change everything up (though I realize that changing a font probably isn't the end of the world).

Yeah, changing fonts isn't rocket science. I suggest you browse through sites like DAfont and look around for a while. There aren't as many fonts available for commercial use, but there are some gems out there if you look for them. May I ask what field his business is in? That could help you narrow down typeface ideas.

iHxPa5Y.pngqXp6spn.png

"Winners never quit, and quitters never win." ~Vince Lombardi

He does remodel work. The company name is Nieuwremodel LLC (Nieuw comes from his last name). This is far from a finalized product, but I'm hoping to incorporate an N into a house. I haven't spent hardly any time putting this together and need to for sure tighten up some things including making sure all lines are equal weight and probably bold up the lines quite a bit, but this is what I have so far (keeping it simple):

AdftRPk.png

XcryMwi.png

I also tried doing a perspective type of logo (again - very very rough first draft), but didn't like the feel of this near as much.

p6T1Fxr.png

XcryMwi.png

The flat one has much more potential. I think you have a good start with that, but I still has room to improve. I would thicken up all of the lines and consider adding text to the bottom. I think a sans serif font would look best.

Great start, I like where this is going.

5 minutes ago, 8BW14 said:

The flat one has much more potential. I think you have a good start with that, but I still has room to improve. I would thicken up all of the lines and consider adding text to the bottom. I think a sans serif font would look best.

Great start, I like where this is going.

Already on that wavelength (I don't like the font, it's more of a placeholder right now). Again, this is still very rough. Once I get the general idea, I will come back through and tighten everything up.

2sXTiNt.png

XcryMwi.png

32 minutes ago, HRC4 said:

Already on that wavelength (I don't like the font, it's more of a placeholder right now). Again, this is still very rough. Once I get the general idea, I will come back through and tighten everything up.

2sXTiNt.png

This is much better. I'm not sure if it available for commercial use or not, but the font Lemon/milk would be a great fit for your logo, IMO. 

On 3/1/2017 at 3:11 PM, 8BW14 said:

This is much better. I'm not sure if it available for commercial use or not, but the font Lemon/milk would be a great fit for your logo, IMO. 

Lemon/milk is a non-for-commercial-use font as far as I can tell (and you were right - it looked fantastic, other than I didn't like the corners of the N compared to the logo). Anyway, I've tightened up everything and made a "blue-print" version of the logo. He is still deciding on which font (that is, I'm getting 0 feedback on that front).

46ijeLx.png

XcryMwi.png

I like the initial N-House more than the latest version because to me the concept is pretty decipherable. The latest version sort of loses that I think, it feels too wide and stretched out, but I guess it's just a matter of personal preference. Although I do think the latest version is stronger now that it's bold and thicker. Blue print version looks great, I noticed the 2 corners/points on the bottom ends of the roof are now aligned properly with the top end's of the N. One change I would make is matching the thickness on all parts of the design (matching the thickness of the diagonal parts with the vertical parts, diagonal parts look thinner). 

Good stuff.

On 3/1/2017 at 1:25 PM, HRC4 said:

2sXTiNt.png

Maybe my eyes are deceiving me, but the left leg looks closer to the horizontal line than the right leg does.

On 3/3/2017 at 6:45 PM, Sport Billy said:

Maybe my eyes are deceiving me, but the left leg looks closer to the horizontal line than the right leg does.

Must be the different angle on the right side? They are the same, which doesn't matter anymore because I got rid of that line.

The final product:

LZjzAgD.png

A7nGlLa.png

XcryMwi.png

On 3/8/2017 at 9:18 AM, HRC4 said:

Must be the different angle on the right side? They are the same, which doesn't matter anymore because I got rid of that line.

The final product:

LZjzAgD.png

A7nGlLa.png

That final version looks really solid man.

a2BRS8U.png

Archived