Bruins

The Cereal Thread

94 posts in this topic

Monster Cereals for me.

Monster-cereals-back-for-Halloween.jpg

Boo Berry should be the president of the United States in my opinion.

Oh and I also loved Rocky Road Cereal.

3911640590_fcb7f97ae6_b.jpg

I had the biggest crush on Marsha the Marshmallow.:wub:

And then of course Shellinos. It was a foreign brand but damn tasty.

IMG_0750.png

1 person likes this

Delicious... 

00042400097716_full (1).jpg

1 person likes this

Halloween cereals are all just crap, IMHO.  I know that won't be a popular opinion, but there it is.  

The best Halloween cereal, however:

61lLQ1h7yBL.jpg

13 hours ago, HedleyLamarr said:

A few years ago, a friend of mine went to her hometown of Cincinnati and brought me back this cereal:

ochocincos-cereal.jpg

Pretty much had the taste of a store-brand of Honey Nut Cheerios, but funny nevertheless.....

I bought two boxes of Tyler Eifert's cereal this past season which was just Kroger brand Frosted Flakes.

tyler-s-touchdown-crunch-3.jpg

I got a kick out of the airbrushing they did on the photo. 

13 hours ago, Bruins said:

The same with these:

image.jpeg

Spike box for full effect!

incorrect use of the umlaut

36 minutes ago, CS85 said:

61lLQ1h7yBL.jpg

Damn I never knew that existed. Pretty damn cool.

Other cereals I loved was Donkey Kong and Donkey Kong Jr. I was an arcade nut back in the early 80s and ate those cereals like they were going out of style.

63ec32d9c4f934da2dcf8c41d102fd9d.jpg

9c4ea1fc7791831069c26cbf4e7e1d20.jpg

cinnamon frosted flakes for days

cinnamonfrosted.jpg

Frosted Flakes was always good for like the 8 seconds where the cereal wouldn't get soggy. Right now I'm a cheerio guy but honestly I'll usually just have toast for breakfast.

On 2/28/2017 at 5:56 PM, Bruins said:

I'm a sucker for any new cereals that appear to be making a serious effort, and especially any cereals that were discontinued and then brought all the way back from the graveyard because of customer demand. I found these two to be particularly good:

French-Toast-Crunch-Box.jpgQuisp_fair_use_crop.jpg

Quisp really never went away since it just round Captain Crunch.  It was available in the midwest for most of the 80's and 90's at certain grocers, and before the sale of Quaker to Pepsico, it was always prevalent in St. Louis and there was a time I was paid to ship a few boxes to Florida circa 1995.

Then in 1997, Quaker started manufacturing a line of bagged cereals and one was marketed as "Sweet Crisps".  It was Quisp with a new name/packaging and continued to until 2002 when the bagged cereal business was sold to Malt-O-Meal.

If some of you haven't gone to Mr. Breakfast yet, you have a new timewaster.

Today, I may buy only one to two boxes of cereal a year and only for when my niece and nephew visit; Cheerios or the Kashi version.  When I last did, I did like this:

83fd2071-c4ef-4b34-9a75-c694fa1e2d06.png

1 person likes this

I am trying to find a healthy tasty cereal, anyone got anythong?

I'm a huge cereal fan - it's generally my go-to breakfast on weekends (and some weekdays as well). My personal favorite are Honey Bunches of Oats, its close cousin, Honey Bunches of Oats with Cinnamon, Honey Nut Cheerios, Multi Grain Cheerios, and Cinnamon Toast Crunch. Yeah, definitely a honey and cinnamon fan.

Also love Wheaties, especially with strawberries and blueberries mixed in. Kix is great as well, though for some reason I always forget about it.

This thread has too much sugar in it, I need a Tylenol.

2 people like this

18 hours ago, ImmortalChef said:

enhanced-buzz-20041-1360952406-0.jpg

Its got 9 essential vitamins and minerals and makes your :censored: come out a lovely rainbow color.

3 people like this

On 3/2/2017 at 2:42 PM, dfwabel said:

Today, I may buy only one to two boxes of cereal a year and only for when my niece and nephew visit; Cheerios or the Kashi version.  When I last did, I did like this:

83fd2071-c4ef-4b34-9a75-c694fa1e2d06.png

I'll second the Raisin Nut Bran. It's my five year old daughter's favourite, too. She's had some of the "kid sugar bomb" cereals, but always requests Raisin Nut Bran. 

On 3/2/2017 at 6:24 PM, ImmortalChef said:

Not sure of the health level, but I'm sure a couple of the ones I eat are healthier than some of the ones listed on this thread that are more like this:

chocolate-frosted-sugar-bombs.gif

Here's a couple I have in the cupboard right now:

A12-CER00059.png

bloggg-1.jpg

1 person likes this

On 3/2/2017 at 11:32 AM, The Giant Pacific Octopus said:

Monster Cereals for me.

Make America Spooky Fun Again!

Also, Fruit Brute tastes like trash (actually, it tastes like chapstick). Fruity Yummy Mummy is delicious, and I wish they brought it back again.

1 person likes this

On 2017-03-02 at 11:32 AM, The Giant Pacific Octopus said:

Monster Cereals for me.

For the period as a kid when my family wasn't more on a health kick concerning cereals (at one point my mom was making granola in the oven) Boo Berry was one of my favourites.

For quite a while, I don't think Boo Berry was available in Canada - just Franken Berry and Count Chocula (never heard of the other two).

Looks like Boo Berry is back (or maybe was back) in Canada.

http://www.cerealously.net/news-count-chocula-franken-berry-and-boo-berry-are-back-for-2016-and-theyve-gone-political/

I'll have to check the grocery store shelves.

Also, as a kid, I remember my one grandma having the mini variety pack of cereal in sets of 8.

6 hours ago, greyraven8 said:

For the period as a kid when my family wasn't more on a health kick concerning cereals (at one point my mom was making granola in the oven) Boo Berry was one of my favourites.

For quite a while, I don't think Boo Berry was available in Canada - just Franken Berry and Count Chocula (never heard of the other two).

Looks like Boo Berry is back (or maybe was back) in Canada.

http://www.cerealously.net/news-count-chocula-franken-berry-and-boo-berry-are-back-for-2016-and-theyve-gone-political/

I'll have to check the grocery store shelves.

Also, as a kid, I remember my one grandma having the mini variety pack of cereal in sets of 8.

Unless Canada is different, Boo Berry, Frankenberry and Count Chocula are only available around Halloween (usually starting around early September). Fruit Brute and Fruity Yummy Mummy were brought out 2 years ago along with the others but haven't been available since. I'll reiterate that Fruit Brute tastes like trash.

I would eat Vanilla Yogurt Burst Cheerios at the pace of a box a day if they hadn't got discontinued, I used to LOVE them.

image.jpeg

On the topic of Cheerios I'm currently working on a box of the new Very Berry Cheerios which actually pretty good, especially considering I hate mixed berry flavored anything.

On 3/1/2017 at 4:16 PM, neo_prankster said:

@goalieboy82 Great Simpsons moment.

Anybody remember these?

Hidden_Treasures_Cereal_Box_-_Launch.jpg

Sprinkle_Spangles_Cereal_Box.jpg

I absolutely remember these. When I was a kid my brother and I got sample boxes of these in the mail (something which surely wouldn't fly today) to try in advance of the cereals hitting stores. Hidden Treasures were the best--they were like Cap'n Crunch with creamy centers. All I can remember about Sprinkle Spangles is Dom DeLouise being the voice of the genie. 

On 3/2/2017 at 10:45 AM, chcarlson23 said:

Delicious... 

00042400097716_full (1).jpg

It amazes me that there is no name brand version of this cereal. It's basically Cinnamon Toast Crunch with the heavy coating of cinnamon sugar replaced by flakes of blueberry flavor. Absolutely delicious. Aldi has their own version that they seem to carry seasonally.

Anyone remember Batman Returns cereal?

BRC.jpg

It was essentially chocolate-coated Chex with Lucky Charms-esque marshmallows. My God, this stuff was delicious. 

1 person likes this