Bruins

The Cereal Thread

mr.nascar13    652

Frosted Flakes, Frosted Rice Krispies, and dry Frosted Mini Wheats are my go-to cereals with Honey Nut Cheerios up there too.

Also bought some Bear Naked a couple weeks ago that I'm about to get into today:

31808931311_4fc1120f9a_z.jpg

Update: not a fan of Bear Naked. Beautiful box, but practically no flavor. 220 calories per 1 cup serving? Frosted Flakes are healthier than that. 

Cosmic    2,474
7 hours ago, coco1997 said:

It amazes me that there is no name brand version of this cereal. It's basically Cinnamon Toast Crunch with the heavy coating of cinnamon sugar replaced by flakes of blueberry flavor. Absolutely delicious. Aldi has their own version that they seem to carry seasonally.

Wegmans sold this under their brand for a while. I concur that it was really good.

kroywen    1,366

Anybody else remember Waffle Crisp?

dcs-196_1z.jpg

Apparently, Post is still making it, though they've scaled back production to such a degree that they're next to impossible to find. Explains why I figured they were discontinued - I haven't seen a box in grocery stores in years. No clue if I'd still like them, but they seemed pretty damn good back when I was a kid.

Bucfan56    3,582

I'm not really a big cereal fan (because it's usually diabetes in a box/bag), but HOLY CRAP, I saw this the other day and just had to get a bag. It's basically Lucky Charms marshmallows with berry Cap'n Crunch rather than the usual animal feed/attic insulation that normally comes with Lucky Charms. I'll never buy a bag again because I'm a self respecting adult who would like to have both legs in my 50s but oh my God, it's STUPID good. 

IMG_2222.PNG

coco1997    1,000
16 hours ago, Bucfan56 said:

I'm not really a big cereal fan (because it's usually diabetes in a box/bag), but HOLY CRAP, I saw this the other day and just had to get a bag. It's basically Lucky Charms marshmallows with berry Cap'n Crunch rather than the usual animal feed/attic insulation that normally comes with Lucky Charms. I'll never buy a bag again because I'm a self respecting adult who would like to have both legs in my 50s but oh my God, it's STUPID good. 

IMG_2222.PNG

Hats off to Malt O Meal, for they've also resurrected Oreo O's cereal.

MaltoMeal_CookiesCream_Productshot.png

mr.nascar13    652
21 hours ago, kroywen said:

dcs-196_1z.jpg

Apparently, Post is still making it, though they've scaled back production to such a degree that they're next to impossible to find. Explains why I figured they were discontinued - I haven't seen a box in grocery stores in years. No clue if I'd still like them, but they seemed pretty damn good back when I was a kid.

I never ate it as a kid, but I remember the hours and hours put into the Waffle Boy game as a kid during library time in Elementary school.

2f046606ee30f1e0eda67d32df6841c5.jpg

Bruins    545

Hope everyone had a good & green St. Patrick's Day!

image.jpegimage.jpegimage.jpeg

Which of the three St. Pats Day Lucky Charms do you think is the most fitting and what's your favorite Holiday-themed cereal in general?

ImmortalChef    243

I am curious about Pops, how does it taste?

download.jpg

Kaz    651
3 minutes ago, ImmortalChef said:

I am curious about Pops, how does it taste?

download.jpg

It doesn't.

CS85    5,105

Corn Pops is still good.  It's downfall, besides the lack of silver bag, is that when it goes stale it is so chewy.  

Shumway    730
On 3/11/2017 at 11:34 PM, kroywen said:

dcs-196_1z.jpg

I'd imagine most of the employees of that Secret Granny Factory are dead by now, so that might explain the dip in production.

Cujo    2,427

Say what you will. -- I say underrated.

51H4953sRTL.jpg

CS85    5,105
10 hours ago, Cujo said:

Say what you will. -- I say underrated.

51H4953sRTL.jpg

I used to really enjoy Kix.  Got some a few months back and I don't know if their recipe changed or something but it tasted infinitely more bland than I remember.  It used to be mild-flavored, yes, but still hanging onto a touch of sweetness.  

greyraven8    98

For Canada's 150th birthday you had to guess something like this was coming:

Ate a box - they were okay.

L6179402.JPG?sw=556&sh=680&sm=fit

Bruins    545

I need these BAD.

image.thumb.jpeg.aeb650a8150928648588981f42aa4529.jpeg

monkeypower    644
On 3/12/2017 at 8:13 PM, mr.nascar13 said:

I never ate it as a kid, but I remember the hours and hours put into the Waffle Boy game as a kid during library time in Elementary school.

2f046606ee30f1e0eda67d32df6841c5.jpg

Holy, that took me back. 

There was a whole bunch of Post brand computer games I would always play.

HedleyLamarr    1,277
3 hours ago, greyraven8 said:

For Canada's 150th birthday you had to guess something like this was coming:

Ate a box - they were okay.

L6179402.JPG?sw=556&sh=680&sm=fit

Will these be south of the border?  I'll eat just about maple anything.

GFB    754

Sugar cereals are my guilty pleasure food. In fact, I'd probably take a bowl of Fruity Pebbles over a bowl of ice cream.

However, now that I'm getting older and have done a pretty good job of curbing my cereal addiction (down to mostly of granolas, oats, Kashi, and some raisin bran), I feel pretty crappy after indulging in a late-night bowl of sugary goodness.

However, last month I discovered this gem:

JungleBerryCrunch-11.5oz.png

Naturally, I was suspicious of a "healthy alternative" cereal that tries its hand at something as ambitious as Cap'n Crunch; but holy crap, this stuff is good.  I mean it legitimately tastes good. It might not be 100% of that signature Cap'n Crunch taste, but it gets at least 80-85% there. Mostly I can tell a difference in the berry flavoring, as it's more concentrated grape juice tasting, but after a few boxes, I actually I think I prefer it to the original:

jungle-berry-crunch-vs-captain-crunch-10

Now if only those people can get their hands on a Fruity Pebbles substitute, we'll be cooking with gas.