Bruins

The Cereal Thread

CS85    5,399

Reviews:

product-shot-pebbles_cinnamon-sm.png

Not bad.  Not as tiresome as fruity/chocolate pebbles, for sure.  

51pGe1+MHuL._AC_SX236_SY340_QL65_.jpg

It's meh.  It's about as unoriginal as you can get, but at least it's relatively healthy.  I'd much rather have just had Honey Nut Cheerios, personally.

Bruins    595
1 minute ago, CS85 said:

Reviews:

product-shot-pebbles_cinnamon-sm.png

Not bad.  Not as tiresome as fruity/chocolate pebbles, for sure.  

51pGe1+MHuL._AC_SX236_SY340_QL65_.jpg

It's meh.  It's about as unoriginal as you can get, but at least it's relatively healthy.  I'd much rather have just had Honey Nut Cheerios, personally.

Yeah, i just had a bowl of Cinnamon Pebbles yesterday. They really aren't bad, and i don't feel as guilty about eating them as the other two. Probably would be great with banana.

Cosmic    2,556

Wegmans had a store brand blueberry toast crunch. It was very good, but they discontinued it a few years ago. It was very unusual to have a store brand cereal like that without any kind of counterpart name brand product. I'll definitely be getting the "real" stuff.

bluemuff-01.png

Edit: I guess only the apple cinnamon one is new, but I don't think I've ever seen the other two in stores before. 

Bruins    595
1 hour ago, Cosmic said:

Wegmans had a store brand blueberry toast crunch. It was very good, but they discontinued it a few years ago. It was very unusual to have a store brand cereal like that without any kind of counterpart name brand product. I'll definitely be getting the "real" stuff.

bluemuff-01.png

Edit: I guess only the apple cinnamon one is new, but I don't think I've ever seen the other two in stores before. 

The blueberry and strawberry are just rebranded Tiny Toast.

Cosmic    2,556
17 minutes ago, Bruins said:

The blueberry and strawberry are just rebranded Tiny Toast.

I had literally never heard of those before seeing them in the article.

Bruins    595
41 minutes ago, Cosmic said:

I had literally never heard of those before seeing them in the article.

Yeah, they pretty much slipped under the radar because General Mills really didn't do much to promote them. I actually had a box of the strawberry I believe, not bad but nothing to write home about. They'll definitely sell more this way.

Cosmic    2,556
7 hours ago, Bruins said:

Yeah, they pretty much slipped under the radar because General Mills really didn't do much to promote them. I actually had a box of the strawberry I believe, not bad but nothing to write home about. They'll definitely sell more this way.

And the Tiny Toast pieces look more like little pieces of toast than Cinnamon Toast Crunch pieces (closer to French Toast Crunch). I wonder what they'll be going with?

Gobbi    256

Just tried French Toast Crunch for the first time and I gotta say I'm a big fan! It's not too sweet and it holds up pretty well even once you get to the last few pieces. 

dont care    1,444

So just bought Oreo Os I was so surprised when I went to go pull out the box and the thing is about twice as deep as any cereal box I've ever seen. Still tastes amazing.