Best nfl uniforms

Rj0498

• Replies 69
  • Created
  • Last Reply

My top 5:

1. Bengals tiger stripes (pre leaping tiger on sleeve) (Dark jersey).  The helmet's now a classic and I liked the way they fit the tiger motif into a traditional uniform striping pattern.
  2. Creamsicle Bucs (Dark jersey or white with orange pants).  Loved it from day one.  The red-orange-red stripes looked great on the white helmet with the orange mask.  The color scheme was unique but great.  Time has helped me learn that Bucco Bruce was not a great logo; a bit too detailed for a helmet, but I don't care.  That look was great.
  3. Colts, blue facemask era (Either uniform, particularly blue).
  4. Lions, Barry Sanders era (Blue jersey).  I am a sucker for the traditional three-stripe helmet stripe pattern.
  5. Patriots red uniform of the Pat era (red jersey).  Pat, like Bruce, was a bad helmet logo, but those were perfect traditional basic jerseys with a classic color scheme.  

Uniforms that just could not quite get there for one reason or another:

• Eagles silver/kelly.  They silver and kelly helmet (late 1970s through the Cunningham era) was beautiful, but they never quite nailed it on the jersey.  The numbers on the jersey with the huge stripe pattern (and that one super-wide white stripe) looked great, but the sleeves ruined it.  The black trim of the Cunningham era was OK, but silver / gray trim would have been perfect.  Kelly with gray/silver is a great, under-utilized look.  The Eagles never matched a great jersey with that great helmet.
  • Chiefs.  Beautiful and classic from the neck down.  Overall, they still have a great uniform and I understand the use of black instead of yellow on the helmet, but if they could yellow there instead of black, they'd be in my top-five.
  • Seahawks Hasselbeck era.  The slate (?) jersey of that era is top-5 easily for me.  Great logo and helmet too. But they never quite got it right with the pants.  The unitard look did not work and the white pants did not look great with that jersey either.  I'm not in the biz, so I can't quite explain it but for some reason the pants just could not keep up with that beautiful jersey.

Any of these three, if done right, could have no problem at least getting above the Colts on my list.

Disclaimer: If this comment is about an NBA uniform from 2017-2018 or later, do not constitute a lack of acknowledgement of the corporate logo to mean anything other than "the corporate logo is terrible and makes the uniform significantly worse."

BADGERS TWINS VIKINGS TIMBERWOLVES WILD

POTD (Shared)

Of course I'm a little bias since I'm a Jets fan. These were great till Nike butchered them. 

IMG_9473.JPG

Bucs also had a great set before Nike came and ruined it. Raiders also belong on my top list. 

IMG_9474.JPG

Rams had great sets with the gold pants. Wish the never did away with them. I also loved the Seahawks 2000s set. 

IMG_9475.JPG

49ers are those few teams that made black work for them. I still think these are their best sets. 

IMG_9476.JPG

XM4KeeA.png

1 hour ago, OnWis97 said:

My top 5:

1. Bengals tiger stripes (pre leaping tiger on sleeve) (Dark jersey).  The helmet's now a classic and I liked the way they fit the tiger motif into a traditional uniform striping pattern.
  2. Creamsicle Bucs (Dark jersey or white with orange pants).  Loved it from day one.  The red-orange-red stripes looked great on the white helmet with the orange mask.  The color scheme was unique but great.  Time has helped me learn that Bucco Bruce was not a great logo; a bit too detailed for a helmet, but I don't care.  That look was great.
  3. Colts, blue facemask era (Either uniform, particularly blue).
  4. Lions, Barry Sanders era (Blue jersey).  I am a sucker for the traditional three-stripe helmet stripe pattern.
  5. Patriots red uniform of the Pat era (red jersey).  Pat, like Bruce, was a bad helmet logo, but those were perfect traditional basic jerseys with a classic color scheme.  

Uniforms that just could not quite get there for one reason or another:

• Eagles silver/kelly.  They silver and kelly helmet (late 1970s through the Cunningham era) was beautiful, but they never quite nailed it on the jersey.  The numbers on the jersey with the huge stripe pattern (and that one super-wide white stripe) looked great, but the sleeves ruined it.  The black trim of the Cunningham era was OK, but silver / gray trim would have been perfect.  Kelly with gray/silver is a great, under-utilized look.  The Eagles never matched a great jersey with that great helmet.
  • Chiefs.  Beautiful and classic from the neck down.  Overall, they still have a great uniform and I understand the use of black instead of yellow on the helmet, but if they could yellow there instead of black, they'd be in my top-five.
  • Seahawks Hasselbeck era.  The slate (?) jersey of that era is top-5 easily for me.  Great logo and helmet too. But they never quite got it right with the pants.  The unitard look did not work and the white pants did not look great with that jersey either.  I'm not in the biz, so I can't quite explain it but for some reason the pants just could not keep up with that beautiful jersey.

Any of these three, if done right, could have no problem at least getting above the Colts on my list.

I feel ya on the Eagles. I think the Jaws/Cunningham helmet was their best ever but their jerseys were never as good as their helmet. (That continues to this day, btw.) The silver pants were nice, though.

3 minutes ago, MCM0313 said:

I feel ya on the Eagles. I think the Jaws/Cunningham helmet was their best ever but their jerseys were never as good as their helmet. (That continues to this day, btw.) The silver pants were nice, though.

The Silver pants were nice...and the Cunningham uniforms were OK...But what could've been...

Disclaimer: If this comment is about an NBA uniform from 2017-2018 or later, do not constitute a lack of acknowledgement of the corporate logo to mean anything other than "the corporate logo is terrible and makes the uniform significantly worse."

BADGERS TWINS VIKINGS TIMBERWOLVES WILD

POTD (Shared)

Archived