Rare NBA Getty Images, Google & Internet Find

On 3/30/2017 at 4:59 AM, Old School Fool said:

Another weird Preseason location, this time with the Sonics returning to the Tacoma Dome in 2000.

oct-2000-patrick-ewing-of-the-seattle-su

This obviously qualifies for the players in the wrong uniform thread as well.  I totally forgot about this.

• Like 1

On 3/31/2017 at 2:41 PM, mjd77 said:

This obviously qualifies for the players in the wrong uniform thread as well.  I totally forgot about this.

New York Knicks' Patrick Ewing (33) goes up for a shot as Lo : News Photo

Wrong uniform, but still the right shoes -- same model Nikes in the old blue and orange of the Knicks.

On 3/16/2017 at 6:13 PM, kimball said:

I know the San Francisco Warriors played in a number of Bay Area and other neutral courts before moving into the Oakland Coliseum full-time. But, this is somewhat of a rare sight seeing the original 'THE CITY' jerseys in the Oakland Coliseum.

507412332.jpg

That Oakland Tribune logo!!!

Not gonna lie, this might be the best looking uniform match-up I've ever seen. Probably one of the rarest too.

• Like 2

ibgsr9.jpg

san_diego_destroyers_player_sig___qb_wal

On 14/03/2017 at 4:50 PM, kimball said:

Also, team pictures are a dying art. I found these few and I have to say ... I like! Especially the Sonics street car picture.

57369390_10----130924-alltimegal.jpg

I love the official team pics on famous landmarks during NBA Global Games.

Here are the 5 NBA teams that played here in Rio for example:

VdgaNRz.jpg

RmvfRqQ.jpg

iZeD0m8.jpg

rprxfbe.jpg

pF7FUL2.jpg

It looks really nice, but I think they should change the spot every year, specially in cities with load of famous landmarks.

• Like 1

oaU06gmQQU1Y0wu90nYJjuhgoJlPtEM=

Micheal Ray taking to it Kareem during the Knicks' "blue and maroon" era...

earl-the-pearl-monroe-of-the-new-york-kn

Earl the Pearl (AKA Black Jesus) in the twilight years...Getty says this picture took place in 1980, but the Knicks' blue and maroon uniforms were in place starting in '79-80.  This certainly had to be in 1978-1979...the Pistons starting wearing their short-lived "lightning bolt" uniforms beginning that season (it was also the first [and only full] season of Dick Vitale as head coach).

earl-monroe-of-the-baltimore-bullets-sho

EarlMonroe_250_060517_display_image_disp

Notably, the Pearl wore #10 when he was with the Baltimore Bullets, but he wore #33, and I guess, #14 in his rookie year ('67-68).

• Like 2

These funky mid-70's Memphis Sounds ABA uniforms were cool. Unfortunately the franchise (and the league itself), was not around much longer.

As a dumb kid I loved the name Sounds...but didn't make the music connection. Upon a visit to Memphis, I asked my brother "is that the Memphis sound"? He said, "no idiot, that's the Mississippi River".

Sounds 74-75 Road Roger Brown, Freddie Lewis, Mel Daniels, Rick Mount.jpg

Sounds 74-75 Road Rick Mount, Topps.jpg

• Like 7

On 4/7/2017 at 0:16 PM, MadmanLA said:

oaU06gmQQU1Y0wu90nYJjuhgoJlPtEM=

Micheal Ray taking to it Kareem during the Knicks' "blue and maroon" era...

Earl the Pearl (AKA Black Jesus) in the twilight years...Getty says this picture took place in 1980, but the Knicks' blue and maroon uniforms were in place starting in '79-80.  This certainly had to be in 1978-1979...the Pistons starting wearing their short-lived "lightning bolt" uniforms beginning that season (it was also the first [and only full] season of Dick Vitale as head coach).

earl-monroe-of-the-baltimore-bullets-sho

EarlMonroe_250_060517_display_image_disp

Notably, the Pearl wore #10 when he was with the Baltimore Bullets, but he wore #33, and I guess, #14 in his rookie year ('67-68).

He also wore #33 for the first half season he was with the Knicks. I've been looking for a picture of him in it -- nothing yet.

kimball banner.png

"I always wanted to be somebody, but now I realize I should have been more specific." Lily Tomlin

• 2 weeks later...
On 4/7/2017 at 2:16 PM, MadmanLA said:

I don't think I'd ever seen those "lightning bolt" Pistons shorts. They're also mismatched - the jersey number starts with a 4, the shorts are #35.

BigStuffChamps3_zps00980734.png

• 2 weeks later...
  • 3 weeks later...
On 2017-03-08 at 0:33 AM, PepMan33Conde said:

Kyrie-Irving-NBA-Draft-First-Pick-Clevel

Kyrie Irving, #15 instead of #2

walker_050302.jpg

Antoine Walker, #88 instead of #8

124050-8373409Fr.jpg

Blazers' home in Black text (early 91-92)

OOY1cBC.png

92-95 Hawks' unis vs. 95-02 Rockets' unis (Preseason)

s435214573511300858_p4568_i1_w594.jpeg

94-97 Hornets' alternates vs. 97-01 Warriors' homes (Preseason)

532687.jpg

Alan Henderson and the old NBA Most Improved Player trophy design.

oct-2001-guard-brent-barry-of-the-seattl

Sonics and Warriors wearing old uniforms before debut of new ones during 01-02 season

oct-2001-isaac-austin-of-the-memphis-gri

Memphis and Seattle

so did Seattle introduce new uniforms during the season and began wearing them?? Ive never heard of anything like this done before

This is the last time Michael Jordan was ever at the Boston Garden during the 2nd half of the 1994-95 season. Also of note is Dominique Wilkins who is playing for the Celtics. Nobody really remembers that.

michael_jordan_1995_celtics_wilkins.jpg

michael_jordan_1995_01.jpg

This next picture is from the final game at the Boston Garden. Here you can plainly see the difference in the shade of green on the original Garden floor and a different Celtics logo. The Celtics used this version of the logo (colored in too) up until 2002 or something. Weird.

red-auerbach-and-nba-legend-larry-bird-w

• Like 1

bSLCtu2.png