NHL Third Jerseys (Western Conference Complete)

Hoovuh

There won't be any third jerseys in the NHL for the next season, but that hasn't stopped me from designing some anyways. I am happy to announce the start of my 2nd series on this site, "NHL Third Jerseys". I know, creative title, I hope that my concepts are a bit more creative. C&C is always appreciated!

Below are direct links to individual concepts and will be updated as I post each new concept I post.

Pacific Division

Anaheim Ducks

Arizona Coyotes

Calgary Flames

Edmonton Oilers

Los Angeles Kings

San Jose Sharks

Vancouver Canucks

Central Division

Chicago Blackhawks

Colorado Avalanche

Dallas Stars

Minnesota Wild

Nashville Predators

St Louis Blues

Winnipeg Jets

• Replies 56
  • Created
  • Last Reply

We start in the Pacific Division with the Anaheim Ducks. Their current 3rd jersey is fantastic and incorporates both old (the logo) and new (the rest). I wanted to throwback a little bit further and bring back the teal and plum from the Mighty Ducks of Anaheim era. The striping is familiar, but different enough to not be a carbon copy of their past look.

WHAvFrZ.png

7 minutes ago, NoE38 said:

Anaheim looks great! The striping pattern is unique and a good fit for them. The one issue I have is that the shoulder patch looks out of place. Maybe try recolouring it to the purple and jade?

I was thinking the same, but with the same colors it kinda blends in a bit. Here it is anyway!

qQIKAyu.png

Up next also from the Pacific Division, is my Arizona Coyotes 3rd. The Kachina jerseys are amazing and should stay as the alternate for the Yotes. But copying that directly isn't the point of this series. This concept is somewhat of a mixture of the Kachina jersey and the running coyote 3rd a few years back. The striping pattern is unique and a different take on the kachina style. The only thing I am not 100% sold on about this concept is the red pants and helmet. May have to change them to black depending on what you guys think. Also updated the logo to the one made by Quentin Brehler as it looks cleaner and fiercer.

cC0duXK.png

7 hours ago, NoE38 said:

The simplicity of Arizona plus the logo looks amazing! Two things I would fix:

Add another outline around the logo so that the dark black outline can be more easily visible.

Make the sock stripes straight. They look a little weird right now.

3 hours ago, ahowe6464 said:

Seonding what @NoE38 said above me.

The Anaheim set is great too.

51QNfIX.png

Moving along to Calgary. I wanted to do something similar to the jerseys that the team debuted in, but I had already did that in my last series. A darker shade of yellow and red are what I used in a simple striping pattern. Again like the previous concepts, it is different but familiar.

4FyrUoj.png

3 hours ago, OhioSportsMan61 said:

For the Flames, I would add a white stroke to the numbers (between the red and yellow) to keep it consistent with the striping

Great idea. Here is the updated version!

rFTN5R9.png

Anaheim and Arizona are absolutely beautiful.

The Flames look nice too, but personally I wouldn't tone down both colours. Keeping one bright and one darker would look better for contrasting I think. Also they are the 'Flames', they're supposed to be somewhat bright.

So I liked my Edmonton concept from my last series so much, that I decided to bring it back here for this series. Slight changes include; new template, and sublimated oil drops in the white stripes. Kinda cheesy and weird, but eh. Let me know what you all think!

QE9zS0H.png

39 minutes ago, Zeus89725 said:

Not awful, but it needs some orange, imo. Maybe inbetween the white and gray stripes?

34 minutes ago, NoE38 said:

Agreed. that would be a unique colour scheme to the league.

I'll try it out!

Archived