2017 MLS Kit Matchups

upperV03

• Replies 373
  • Created
  • Last Reply
17 minutes ago, Digby said:

Cool of MLS to be posting these each week. Do we know whether all teams have all goalkeeper templates at their disposal? Or do they pick like, three to cycle through?

That's a good question. I would guess they have all of the colorways at their disposal, but it wouldn't surprise me if some teams only used around three of them. I know the Timbers will generally use around 4 or 5 throughout the season, but some teams (like RSL, for example) seem to stick to only a lesser amount.

IPTMMN0.png?1

RhlTL5V.png?1

8CBx12E.png?1

The kit matchup for Montreal vs. Seattle has been posted. Still waiting on LA/Portland.

IMG_3052.PNG

Also, in a somewhat related matter to the kit matchups, here's the ball we'll be seeing in case of snow this weekend in SKC and Minnesota's home matches.

IMG_3053.JPG

IPTMMN0.png?1

RhlTL5V.png?1

8CBx12E.png?1

Unsurprisingly, the Timbers announced they'll be wearing their primary kits this Sunday in LA, so the matchup will essentially look like this: (but of course with the Timbers' new kit, pictured below)

IMG_3055.JPGIMG_2968.JPG

The kit lineup chart has still yet to be released, but I'll post it when it (finally) becomes available.

IPTMMN0.png?1

RhlTL5V.png?1

8CBx12E.png?1

Wonder why the refs aren't wearing yellow for the LA/Portland game? Always thought yellow was Fifa's default color for officials' jerseys unless there was some sort of clash. I don't think yellow would clash with LA's white kits.

Hotter Than July > Thriller

48 minutes ago, kiwi_canadian said:

Anyone else think that the Whitecaps inaugural white jersey was their best look and have got worse year by year?

I generally tend to agree. To take it a step further, I think this specific kit combination (which I believe they only wore once, on 8/19/11), is the best they've looked in their MLS history.

IMG_3080.JPG

IPTMMN0.png?1

RhlTL5V.png?1

8CBx12E.png?1

Saw a bit of the NYCFC-DC United game. The home kit with white shorts look gorgeous! Only tweak that I feel is needed is to add the sleeve stripe pattern on the bottom of the shorts, instead of the single orange stripe.

Speaking of which, most players were wearing the long sleeve shirts which don't have the sleeve stripe pattern on them and it looked so wrong...

620x350_match_recap_4-0.jpg?peM5SbZvdNuC

1 hour ago, Around the Horn said:

Saw a bit of the NYCFC-DC United game. The home kit with white shorts look gorgeous! Only tweak that I feel is needed is to add the sleeve stripe pattern on the bottom of the shorts, instead of the single orange stripe.

Speaking of which, most players were wearing the long sleeve shirts which don't have the sleeve stripe pattern on them and it looked so wrong...

620x350_match_recap_4-0.jpg?peM5SbZvdNuC

That game as a whole was really nice looking. NYCFC's kit keeps looking better and better, and I absolutely love the NYC flag tricolor in the nets.

IMG_3083.JPG

IMG_3084.JPG

IPTMMN0.png?1

RhlTL5V.png?1

8CBx12E.png?1

13 minutes ago, upperV03 said:

That game as a whole was really nice looking. NYCFC's kit keeps looking better and better, and I absolutely love the NYC flag tricolor in the nets.

IMG_3083.JPG

IMG_3084.JPG

Yeah, it's a great little touch.  They've really embraced the flag, which pleases me to no end. 

DC looked sharp, too. All-black with red accents is a great look for them. 

Here's how today's other two games looked. Minnesota's gray kits disappeared at times on TV due to the snowy pitch, but Atlanta looked great once again. And the Timbers' kit looked even better today in the LA sun.

IMG_3082.PNG

IMG_3085.JPG

IPTMMN0.png?1

RhlTL5V.png?1

8CBx12E.png?1

1 hour ago, upperV03 said:

Here's how today's other two games looked. Minnesota's gray kits disappeared at times on TV due to the snowy pitch, but Atlanta looked great once again. And the Timbers' kit looked even better today in the LA sun.

IMG_3082.PNG

Wow. Both kits look amazing in this photo...

Archived