2017 MLS Kit Matchups

upperV03

3 hours ago, Gothamite said:

Holy cow, that NYCFC/Orlando matchup looked gorgeous.  I'll admit to being biased, but every change we made from last year was a huge upgrade. 

As for the Red Bulls match, Andrew Das of the New York Times said it best:

Ouch.

What at a gut-punch for those of us hoping the MetroStars uniforms might come back as a clash or third kit. 

And the cherry on top is Atlanta using an away kit that looks like the modern Red Bulls kit that accidentally got washed with black jeans.

Showcasing fan-made sports apparel by artists and designers

• Replies 373
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Gotta say, I like the SKC kit whole a lot better than I thought I would. It's probably the worst primary they've had since moving on from the placeholders they used early on in the SKC rebrand, but it's still a very solid look overall.

41 minutes ago, Red Wolf said:

Gotta say, I like the SKC kit whole a lot better than I thought I would. It's probably the worst primary they've had since moving on from the placeholders they used early on in the SKC rebrand, but it's still a very solid look overall.

It certainly doesn't look bad, but it just doesn't fit SKC. Plus, their shade of light blue is so light and pale that it doesn't look quite right when paired with an adundance of white accents. I'd be curious to see how it'd look with Sporting blue shorts rather than white, as I think that could at least make it look more like an SKC kit.

IPTMMN0.png?1

RhlTL5V.png?1

8CBx12E.png?1

The kit matchup for the first of this week's games has been unveiled. Let's hope this graphic is a sign that the keeper and ref kits will be accurate on all of the graphics going forward.

IMG_3027.PNG

IPTMMN0.png?1

RhlTL5V.png?1

8CBx12E.png?1

I'm not going to lie - and there may be some homerism infused in here - but I absolutely love RSL's new kits. I know they're getting a bit of a bad rap for being plain, but I precisely like that they're really clean and simple. They have a Real Madrid sort of look to it, and I'm all for it.

I'm also digging the new LifeVantage wordmark too. Looks much better on the front than the full logo ever did. Now the primaries just need to switch over to the same mark.

CCSLC%20Signature_1.png

21 minutes ago, FinsUp1214 said:

I'm not going to lie - and there may be some homerism infused in here - but I absolutely love RSL's new kits. I know they're getting a bit of a bad rap for being plain, but I precisely like that they're really clean and simple. They have a Real Madrid sort of look to it, and I'm all for it.

I'm also digging the new LifeVantage wordmark too. Looks much better on the front than the full logo ever did. Now the primaries just need to switch over to the same mark.

The new LifeVantage wordmark certainly does look better than the old one, but the coloring of it on this new shirt looks absolutely terrible. The kit as a whole reminds me of some of the generic Nike NWSL jerseys that have just been plain white with regularly colored sponsor logos that have clashed horribly with the rest of the kits.

IMG_3028.JPGIMG_3029.JPGIMG_3030.JPG

IPTMMN0.png?1

RhlTL5V.png?1

8CBx12E.png?1

And just like that a few more of this week's kit matchups have been revealed:

IMG_3031.PNGIMG_3032.JPGIMG_3033.PNG

I'm glad TFC will be going with the red shorts rather than blue this weekend as I think they create a much more cohesive look. I'm also excited to see the Rapids' new secondary in action. 

IPTMMN0.png?1

RhlTL5V.png?1

8CBx12E.png?1

Yeah, I dislike the blue shorts for TFC too. Actually, I dislike the white shirt too, but I know what they are going for so w/e. 

Don't understand why they can't wear red this week, I think the Philly blue/gold combo is different enough

GTA United(USA) 2015 + 2016 USA Champions/Toronto Maroons (ULL)2014, 2015 + 2022 Gait Cup Champions/Toronto Northmen (TNFF)

12 minutes ago, Gothamite said:

So they're now using the correct keeper template for all matches?

It appears that way, and they're also using the correct template for the referee uniforms as well. We'll have to wait and see the rest of the graphics for this week's matches, but it seems as though they've (thankfully) corrected those errors.

EDIT: And just as I say that, a few more of the graphics have been released.

IMG_3034.JPGIMG_3035.PNGIMG_3036.PNG

The rest will probably be coming shortly as the MLS site has been posting their match previews throughout the day.

IPTMMN0.png?1

RhlTL5V.png?1

8CBx12E.png?1

1 hour ago, mr.negative15 said:

Yeah, I dislike the blue shorts for TFC too. Actually, I dislike the white shirt too, but I know what they are going for so w/e. 

Don't understand why they can't wear red this week, I think the Philly blue/gold combo is different enough

Correct me if I'm wrong, but is this not the first time TFC has worn red shorts with the thin blue line shirt? Also, if the shorts do indeed have white stripes rather than onyx, these are not the same as the home kit's shorts, correct?

2 hours ago, nas1787 said:

Correct me if I'm wrong, but is this not the first time TFC has worn red shorts with the thin blue line shirt? Also, if the shorts do indeed have white stripes rather than onyx, these are not the same as the home kit's shorts, correct?

They wore the red shorts at least once last year, on 8/27/16 against Montreal. And yes, they are a different pair of red shorts that are meant specifically for this kit.

IMG_3043.JPG

Both the blue and red shorts were shown when the kit was initially unveiled.

IMG_3042.JPG

IPTMMN0.png?1

RhlTL5V.png?1

8CBx12E.png?1

I completely forgot that they had worn the red shorts with this shirt before, but I think you are right @upperV03, that was probably the only time.

Silver lining, the red shorts are better than the blue shorts. 

GTA United(USA) 2015 + 2016 USA Champions/Toronto Maroons (ULL)2014, 2015 + 2022 Gait Cup Champions/Toronto Northmen (TNFF)

18 hours ago, upperV03 said:

And just like that a few more of this week's kit matchups have been revealed:

IMG_3031.PNGIMG_3032.JPGIMG_3033.PNG

I'm glad TFC will be going with the red shorts rather than blue this weekend as I think they create a much more cohesive look. I'm also excited to see the Rapids' new secondary in action. 

Where did you find this?  I could not find it on the MLS site

Nevermind.  I found it.

Archived