Sign in to follow this  
upperV03

2017 MLS Kit Matchups

Digby    727

Cool of MLS to be posting these each week. Do we know whether all teams have all goalkeeper templates at their disposal? Or do they pick like, three to cycle through?

upperV03    2,402
17 minutes ago, Digby said:

Cool of MLS to be posting these each week. Do we know whether all teams have all goalkeeper templates at their disposal? Or do they pick like, three to cycle through?

That's a good question. I would guess they have all of the colorways at their disposal, but it wouldn't surprise me if some teams only used around three of them. I know the Timbers will generally use around 4 or 5 throughout the season, but some teams (like RSL, for example) seem to stick to only a lesser amount.

upperV03    2,402

The kit matchup for Montreal vs. Seattle has been posted. Still waiting on LA/Portland.

IMG_3052.PNG

Also, in a somewhat related matter to the kit matchups, here's the ball we'll be seeing in case of snow this weekend in SKC and Minnesota's home matches.

IMG_3053.JPG

hawk36    1,122
1 hour ago, upperV03 said:

The kit matchup for Montreal vs. Seattle has been posted. Still waiting on LA/Portland.

IMG_3052.PNG

Can't wait to see the heritage unis in action for the Sounders! 

upperV03    2,402

Unsurprisingly, the Timbers announced they'll be wearing their primary kits this Sunday in LA, so the matchup will essentially look like this: (but of course with the Timbers' new kit, pictured below)

IMG_3055.JPGIMG_2968.JPG

The kit lineup chart has still yet to be released, but I'll post it when it (finally) becomes available.

upperV03    2,402

And finally the kit lineup chart for LA/Portland has been posted. Both teams are wearing the exact same kits as last week, keeper kits and all.

IMG_3056.PNG

4_tattoos    402

Wonder why the refs aren't wearing yellow for the LA/Portland game? Always thought yellow was Fifa's default color for officials' jerseys unless there was some sort of clash. I don't think yellow would clash with LA's white kits.

upperV03    2,402

Here's how today's matchups looked in action. I thought New York/Colorado looked particularly good, although that was mainly due to the colors. I'm still not a fan of the Red Bulls' new kit.

IMG_3069.JPG

IMG_3076.PNG

IMG_3071.PNGIMG_3072.JPGIMG_3073.JPGIMG_3074.JPGIMG_3077.PNG

upperV03    2,402
48 minutes ago, kiwi_canadian said:

Anyone else think that the Whitecaps inaugural white jersey was their best look and have got worse year by year?

I generally tend to agree. To take it a step further, I think this specific kit combination (which I believe they only wore once, on 8/19/11), is the best they've looked in their MLS history.

IMG_3080.JPG

Gothamite    6,092

Well, he messed up the Packers' road jerseys, but I'm still not sure I'd call Forrest Gregg "stupid". :P

Saw a bit of the NYCFC-DC United game. The home kit with white shorts look gorgeous! Only tweak that I feel is needed is to add the sleeve stripe pattern on the bottom of the shorts, instead of the single orange stripe.

Speaking of which, most players were wearing the long sleeve shirts which don't have the sleeve stripe pattern on them and it looked so wrong...

620x350_match_recap_4-0.jpg?peM5SbZvdNuC

upperV03    2,402
1 hour ago, Around the Horn said:

Saw a bit of the NYCFC-DC United game. The home kit with white shorts look gorgeous! Only tweak that I feel is needed is to add the sleeve stripe pattern on the bottom of the shorts, instead of the single orange stripe.

Speaking of which, most players were wearing the long sleeve shirts which don't have the sleeve stripe pattern on them and it looked so wrong...

620x350_match_recap_4-0.jpg?peM5SbZvdNuC

That game as a whole was really nice looking. NYCFC's kit keeps looking better and better, and I absolutely love the NYC flag tricolor in the nets.

IMG_3083.JPG

IMG_3084.JPG

Gothamite    6,092
13 minutes ago, upperV03 said:

That game as a whole was really nice looking. NYCFC's kit keeps looking better and better, and I absolutely love the NYC flag tricolor in the nets.

IMG_3083.JPG

IMG_3084.JPG

Yeah, it's a great little touch.  They've really embraced the flag, which pleases me to no end. 

DC looked sharp, too. All-black with red accents is a great look for them. 

upperV03    2,402

Here's how today's other two games looked. Minnesota's gray kits disappeared at times on TV due to the snowy pitch, but Atlanta looked great once again. And the Timbers' kit looked even better today in the LA sun.

IMG_3082.PNG

IMG_3085.JPG

Digby    727

That game in Minnesota was tough to watch for a whole host of reasons. Was tough to tell the teams apart at times but that was mostly due to the snowstorm camera filter I think.

1 hour ago, upperV03 said:

Here's how today's other two games looked. Minnesota's gray kits disappeared at times on TV due to the snowy pitch, but Atlanta looked great once again. And the Timbers' kit looked even better today in the LA sun.

IMG_3082.PNG

Wow. Both kits look amazing in this photo...