My New Personal Logo 2.0

25 posts in this topic

the P design is my personal logo, and the PD is Perlich Designs logo

Perlich.png

Perlich2.png

PerlichDesigns.png

1 person likes this

18 hours ago, slapshot said:

Design is more than just typing words in a font you have on your computer. So far, with these concepts I don't see much more than text that's extra squeezed or randomly placed.

You should really take your time and research other logos to really see how characters and type can work together to make shapes and monograms. Look for design blogs. There are plenty out there... read the comments and critique about designs and identities. Check out designs on Instagram, Behance, or even Dribbble (3 b's). You will learn some principles and see why simply using the first font you see on your computer isn't always the best option.

Personally, I'm not a fan of monograms that use every single initial in a company name, but in this case, you may have something...combine your name with design, and you have Isaac Perlich Design (or Designs). I, P, D. You may be onto something with your I/P monogram. What if you combined it with a D, or even a lowercase d? You could have a symmetrical design (which are generally stronger as icons), since the lowercase d and p are identical when rotated. Put a capital I in the middle, like dIP. Maybe expand on that idea. Redraw some shapes to really bring out the symmetry. Strong iconography paired with clean fonts can be the beginning of a very strong identity.

This.

I'm not voting until you show that you've followed slapshot's advice.

5 people like this

The latest version with the p and d is a huge step in the right direction. It's more unique, and it looks much better. You're onto something

1 person likes this

I'm going to stick with these logos. I think it is a huge upgrade from my previous set. Thanks for the advice on the logos.