wildwing64

Go Go Power Rangers!

123 posts in this topic

2 hours ago, DNAsports said:

Just finished seeing Power Rangers. I thought it was really good. The lead up to the final battle seemed drawn out, but it's understandable for the first movie. The zords running into battle with the Power Rangers theme song playing in the background gave me goosebumps. Ah, I love nostalgia.

Overall, I give Power Rangers 7.75/10.

that was my favorite scene by far, its like the took the new zords and inserted them in the exact scene from the show that made me feel like a kid again.

Just saw the movie and I enjoyed it. I'm not much of a Power Rangers fan (just looking it up now the only one I sort of watched was Wild Force, at least I'm pretty sure it was that series) but I understand who and what the Power Rangers are and got most of the references.

I did enjoy them actually playing the theme song in the movie and not just in the credits.

ComicBook.com has shared rejected concept art of the Triceratops and Sabre-tooth Tiger Dinozords for the movie.

But to save you all the trouble of navigating their clunky website, here's a direct link to the portfolio of the artist, Mauricio Ruiz instead. You'll also see some rejected Red Ranger suit designs.

As for the Zords, these are very much in line with some concept art that got leaked a couple years ago and made their rounds on the internet. They feel more like militaristic mechs compared to the final designs, which are more streamlined and organic. There are also some nods to the classic Dinozord designs, like the tank treads and tail cannon of the Triceratops. Part of me is a little bummed that they didn't go this route, but at the same time I can see why they didn't. In general, all the movie designs have an otherworldly look to them, and these Zords don't really fit that aesthetic. In a way the Zords in the film feel more in line with what they were supposed to be in the show.

1 person likes this