Earl

Which logo do you think Gonzaga used in 1983?

Earl    13

Working on a 1983 themed March Madness bracket and I'm finding these Gonzaga logos without years.  Which one do you think they used then?

I've gone through online yearbooks without success and I believe the current bulldog head logo appeared in '98.  Thank you.

Gonzaga Potentials.png

WSU151    2,543

The middle one.

Earl    13
6 hours ago, WSU151 said:

The middle one.

An hour after I asked this question I came across the same middle logo used for Georgia, just in red instead of navy.  Thus I'm a little skeptical of that one.

mattb6    560

Not sure where to find a clear image of this, but it looks like this logo was used: 

IMG_4139.JPG

IMG_4140.JPG

Earl    13

This logo I have seen on the center of their basketball court in color.  However I think that logo was used in the later '80s until the one we see today. 

Coacher42    16
2 hours ago, mattb6 said:

Not sure where to find a clear image of this, but it looks like this logo was used: 

IMG_4139.JPG

IMG_4140.JPG

This is the one I remember!

OnWis97    2,309

My gut reaction was that the one on the left might be Georgia and the one in the middle might be Georgetown.

Earl    13

I've decided to go with the middle version.  The color and style seems best for Gonzaga in the early '80s.  Left side does have a Georgia vibe to and the right logo seems like little more late '80s and '90s until their current version.  Thank you each for your input.