Denver Art Museum Redesign

DTConcepts

Sorry if this should be in the General Design section, but I didn't want to keep flooding it with concepts. Feel free to move this if you want.

Here is the current logo for the Denver Art Museum. Bland, generic, and uninspired imo.

IMG_0937.JPG

Here are my redesigns, using a unique font, and with a logo playing off the building's one-of-a-kind architecture.

IMG_1449.JPG

IMG_0936.PNG

IMG_0935.PNG

Simple and modern are what I was going for. What do you think?

I think the third one's the strongest. Sorry with my unfamiliarity with the museum, but is the logo supposed to be a simplified version of the building or something?

35 minutes ago, Tanny81 said:

I think the third one's the strongest. Sorry with my unfamiliarity with the museum, but is the logo supposed to be a simplified version of the building or something?

Yeah, here are some pictures of it.

IMG_0939.JPG

IMG_0940.JPG

The second one is the part of the building I used for inspiration.

In that case then I must commend you for the strong logo. I'm a but curious though on what would happen if you incorparated the primary colours of red and yellow into the design on top of the blue? Perhaps making the 'DAM' part each a different colour and then also recolouring the geometric shapes representing the building in this style would help?

8 hours ago, Tanny81 said:

In that case then I must commend you for the strong logo. I'm a but curious though on what would happen if you incorparated the primary colours of red and yellow into the design on top of the blue? Perhaps making the 'DAM' part each a different colour and then also recolouring the geometric shapes representing the building in this style would help?

Something like this?

Pres.png

Really solid concept. I liked the blue and white one, personally, but I'd make the rectangle at the bottom blue and make the "DAM" white. The multi-colored version isn't bad, but I feel like those colors should be used elsewhere...maybe as highlights on the building?

7 hours ago, GearsofTed said:

I have to ask, did you get the inspiration from the DIA logo? It seems strikingly similar to it. Sorry, I used to work there, so that logo is burned into my head for eternity lol

7 hours ago, GearsofTed said:

IMG_1012.JPG

No, I wanted to use the geometric shapes of the museum in a confined space. That is an odd coincidence, though.

I'll post a version with more colors in a few days, when I'm not swamped with homework and such.

On 3/14/2017 at 6:18 AM, Shumway said:

Really solid concept. I liked the blue and white one, personally, but I'd make the rectangle at the bottom blue and make the "DAM" white. The multi-colored version isn't bad, but I feel like those colors should be used elsewhere...maybe as highlights on the building?

On 3/14/2017 at 9:40 AM, Tanny81 said:

Yeah kinda. But also maybe applying those colours to the geometric shapes could help in my humble opinion.

Something along these lines?

Pres.png

Not a huge update, as I wanted to keep a lot of the blue, but I changed part of the building. I'm not a huge fan, but if you guys are, that's good.

Archived