If you could have ONE sportslogo-related wish fulfilled, what would it be?

Ark

I really wish the Titans organization would give the rights to the Oilers to the Texans, and the Texans would become the Houston Oilers. I feel the same way about the Dallas Stars and the Minnesota Wild, but the Dallas Stars have a good identity and I like the Wild's identity more than others on here.

The Houston Oilers had one of the best identities in professional sports. 

• Replies 124
  • Created
  • Last Reply

From your example, it seems that you are asking for a sports uniform-related wish.  If that's the case, I'd wish for the banning of advertisements on sports uniforms.

But if the wish has to be strictly about logos, then I'd wish for the football Giants to adopt their 1975 logo.

Image result for giants 1975 site:gettyimages.com

logo-diamonds-for-CC-no-photo-sig.png

This coming back full time, or even as a throwback. Just once would do. The Bucks have thrown back to just about every notable uniform apart from the various Irish Rainbow sets, and whilst the panels on the current unis are a nice nod, we need to see the real things.

boeder-140614-2.jpg

21 minutes ago, Ferdinand Cesarano said:

From your example, it seems that you are asking for a sports uniform-related wish.  If that's the case, I'd wish for the banning of advertisements on sports uniforms.

It's based on the name of this website 

1 hour ago, ~Bear said:

Change the Miami Marlins back to the Florida Marlins identity. IMO a modern classic, especially the cap logo. 

No No No. Florida Marlins is such a :censored:ty, clunky. anti-historical name that is way overrated. To each their own, though.

My Wish? Bring back the Montreal Expos! One of the best uniforms and logos in Sports history, IMO.

Fly Eagles Fly, on the road to victory...

Philadelphia Eagles: NFL Champions in 1948, 1949, 1960, Super Bowl Champions in 2017-18. Philadelphia Phillies: World Series Champions in 1980 and 2008. Philadelphia 76ers: NBA Champions in 1966-67 and 1982-83. Philadelphia Flyers: Stanley Cup Champions in 1973-74, 1974-75

1 hour ago, Ferdinand Cesarano said:

But if the wish has to be strictly about logos, then I'd wish for the football Giants to adopt their 1975 logo.

I came thinking of a team uniform to bring back...but without a bit of hesitation if I could have one uniform-related wish (assuming, unlike the OP, that I cannot change franchise movements and names), it would be this.  My wish would improve the NBA immensely next year.

But if the question is to mess with one team...well there are so many choices but I think I'll go with the Christmas Devils forever.

Disclaimer: If this comment is about an NBA uniform from 2017-2018 or later, do not constitute a lack of acknowledgement of the corporate logo to mean anything other than "the corporate logo is terrible and makes the uniform significantly worse."

BADGERS TWINS VIKINGS TIMBERWOLVES WILD

POTD (Shared)

For all ballplayers to be required to wear high socks, preferably with stirrups. Sock designs should match across the entire team as well. This looks terrible, sloppy, and unprofessional (and I do wonder how players don't trip when their pants are that baggy):

Milwaukee+Brewers+v+Los+Angeles+Dodgers+

As a secondary wish, for sleeve length to be better regulated in the NFL. Compression undershirts with striping might be the best way to go here. Whatever it takes, stop this madness:

Colin+Kaepernick+San+Francisco+49ers+v+N

I should not be able to see a football player's armpit fully exposed. Nor should sleeve stripes be randomly cut off like that.

Archived