Ark

If you could have ONE sportslogo-related wish fulfilled, what would it be?

125 posts in this topic

I really wish the Titans organization would give the rights to the Oilers to the Texans, and the Texans would become the Houston Oilers. I feel the same way about the Dallas Stars and the Minnesota Wild, but the Dallas Stars have a good identity and I like the Wild's identity more than others on here.

The Houston Oilers had one of the best identities in professional sports. 

3 people like this

For the Clippers to go back to their pre-Steve Balmer era uniforms from 2010-2015.

Image result for los angeles clippers 2014Image result for los angeles clippers 2014

Image result for los angeles clippers 640x360

16 people like this

Chargers to wear Powder blue as their primary and gold pants with their white jersey. 

7 people like this

Change the Miami Marlins back to the Florida Marlins identity. IMO a modern classic, especially the cap logo. 

10 people like this

For the Pacers to go back to their Flo-Jo era unis. I love those so much.

FloJos.jpg

3 people like this

From your example, it seems that you are asking for a sports uniform-related wish.  If that's the case, I'd wish for the banning of advertisements on sports uniforms.

But if the wish has to be strictly about logos, then I'd wish for the football Giants to adopt their 1975 logo.

Image result for giants 1975 site:gettyimages.com

8 people like this

This coming back full time, or even as a throwback. Just once would do. The Bucks have thrown back to just about every notable uniform apart from the various Irish Rainbow sets, and whilst the panels on the current unis are a nice nod, we need to see the real things.

boeder-140614-2.jpg

5 people like this

Make Colored homes the norm in basketball instead of white. 

9 people like this

21 minutes ago, Ferdinand Cesarano said:

From your example, it seems that you are asking for a sports uniform-related wish.  If that's the case, I'd wish for the banning of advertisements on sports uniforms.

It's based on the name of this website 

Canucks finish the rebrand they started in 2007 and scrap the orca for the modern Stick-In-Rink

2 people like this

Grizzlies move back to Vancouver and brick back old identity

2 people like this

Either the Padres wear brown and yellow forever, or the Rockies embrace purple and move past the Times New Roman era.

5 people like this

2 minutes ago, ImmortalChef said:

Grizzlies move back to Memphis and brick back old identity

Grizzlies were still in Memphis last I checked.

2 people like this

Just now, Chromatic said:

Grizzlies were still in Memphis last I checked.

I mean Vancouver

Just now, ImmortalChef said:

I mean Vancouver

That I could get behind.

2 people like this

For the NFL to ditch the freaking one helmet rule!!

26 people like this

1 hour ago, ~Bear said:

Change the Miami Marlins back to the Florida Marlins identity. IMO a modern classic, especially the cap logo. 

No No No. Florida Marlins is such a :censored:ty, clunky. anti-historical name that is way overrated. To each their own, though.

My Wish? Bring back the Montreal Expos! One of the best uniforms and logos in Sports history, IMO.

4 people like this

1 hour ago, Ferdinand Cesarano said:

But if the wish has to be strictly about logos, then I'd wish for the football Giants to adopt their 1975 logo.

I came thinking of a team uniform to bring back...but without a bit of hesitation if I could have one uniform-related wish (assuming, unlike the OP, that I cannot change franchise movements and names), it would be this.  My wish would improve the NBA immensely next year.

But if the question is to mess with one team...well there are so many choices but I think I'll go with the Christmas Devils forever.

1 person likes this

For all ballplayers to be required to wear high socks, preferably with stirrups. Sock designs should match across the entire team as well. This looks terrible, sloppy, and unprofessional (and I do wonder how players don't trip when their pants are that baggy):

Milwaukee+Brewers+v+Los+Angeles+Dodgers+

As a secondary wish, for sleeve length to be better regulated in the NFL. Compression undershirts with striping might be the best way to go here. Whatever it takes, stop this madness:

Colin+Kaepernick+San+Francisco+49ers+v+N

I should not be able to see a football player's armpit fully exposed. Nor should sleeve stripes be randomly cut off like that.

11 people like this

Jets go back to white cleats with a lighter green.

seattle_seahawks_v_new_york_je_0_1475430312.jpg

9 people like this