If you could have ONE sportslogo-related wish fulfilled, what would it be?

Ark

• Replies 124
  • Created
  • Last Reply
On 3/7/2017 at 5:12 PM, kroywen said:

For all ballplayers to be required to wear high socks, preferably with stirrups. Sock designs should match across the entire team as well. This looks terrible, sloppy, and unprofessional (and I do wonder how players don't trip when their pants are that baggy):

Colin+Kaepernick+San+Francisco+49ers+v+N

I should not be able to see a football player's armpit fully exposed. Nor should sleeve stripes be randomly cut off like that.

ff67394f1d9bc797b87e576aef678662.jpgUntitled image (9).jpgumenyiora_article_101812.jpg

Makes me think of Osi

12 minutes ago, gek_6 said:

ff67394f1d9bc797b87e576aef678662.jpgUntitled image (9).jpgumenyiora_article_101812.jpg

Makes me think of Osi

Come to think of it, I shouldn't be able to see a player's shoulder pads hanging out from his nonexistent sleeves either. Or peeking out above his collar. Looks sloppy and amateurish.

20 minutes ago, Yippy said:

Don't you have your own wish to make? 

Already did. I was responding to your comment about why you don't understand why the circle logo is more popular than the buffalo head. That's what forums are about, discussion.

3 hours ago, CLEstones said:

Fix my Cleveland teams, et al.

But that's more than one wish. For me it's tough to decide between dropping Wahoo or giving the Browns their real jerseys back. I'd probably go Browns since the Tribe is likely to drop the Chief soonish anyway.

2 minutes ago, -Akronite- said:

But that's more than one wish. For me it's tough to decide between dropping Wahoo or giving the Browns their real jerseys back. I'd probably go Browns since the Tribe is likely to drop the Chief soonish anyway.

This wish is to fix them all.  Its 1 wish.  

31 minutes ago, CLEstones said:

This wish is to fix them all.  Its 1 wish.  

For Cleveland teams, I would want to see the Cavaliers look like a basketball team instead of looking like a soccer team with a hockey jersey-sized crest. Ditch the navy and make the wine red the primary darks.

49 minutes ago, Chromatic said:

Already did. I was responding to your comment about why you don't understand why the circle logo is more popular than the buffalo head. That's what forums are about, discussion.

You offered absolutely zero context as to why it's "better". Hence your comment had zero merit. If that's your brand of "discussion" I wouldn't bother. 

25 minutes ago, Yippy said:

You offered absolutely zero context as to why it's "better". Hence your comment had zero merit. If that's your brand of "discussion" I wouldn't bother. 

I did. I said it's better because it isn't just a generic buffalo head. It's not like your original post offered a well thought out, extremely detailed position. You just got offended because I disagreed with you. If you can't handle discussion maybe an Internet forum isn't the best place for you. I don't know what you were expecting. Was your ideal thread everyone just posts a wish and moved along without discussion? In that case just turn off notifications.

30 minutes ago, Chromatic said:

I did. I said it's better because it isn't just a generic buffalo head. It's not like your original post offered a well thought out, extremely detailed position. You just got offended because I disagreed with you. If you can't handle discussion maybe an Internet forum isn't the best place for you. I don't know what you were expecting. Was your ideal thread everyone just posts a wish and moved along without discussion? In that case just turn off notifications.

I was unaware I had to state an "extremely detailed position" for a nonsensical wish in a silly thread, but I can see I really ruffled your feathers. 

And don't tell me what to do, I'm not going to just turn off my notifications because of some easily triggered member. 

10 minutes ago, Yippy said:

I was unaware I had to state an "extremely detailed position" for a nonsensical wish in a silly thread, but I can see I really ruffled your feathers. 

And don't tell me what to do, I'm not going to just turn off my notifications because of some easily triggered member. 

So you get upset that I disagreed with you, then call me "triggered". And you complain that I didn't provide a valid, detailed response to your point, even though you didn't put a detailed point into your post. And you get this upset over a "silly" thread.

I'm not telling you what to do, I'm just saying if you can't handle even mild disagreements an Internet forum might not be a good place to share your thoughts.

9 minutes ago, Chromatic said:

So you get upset that I disagreed with you, then call me "triggered". And you complain that I didn't provide a valid, detailed response to your point, even though you didn't put a detailed point into your post. And you get this upset over a "silly" thread.

I'm not telling you what to do, I'm just saying if you can't handle even mild disagreements an Internet forum might not be a good place to share your thoughts.

I will most certainly continue to share my thoughts. 

Also you keep saying I'm upset, I'm far from it actually, so are you just accusing me of being so because I'm a girl? I wonder if you describe all members of this board as being "upset" when you start rifts with them. 

17 minutes ago, Yippy said:

I will most certainly continue to share my thoughts. 

Also you keep saying I'm upset, I'm far from it actually, so are you just accusing me of being so because I'm a girl? I wonder if you describe all members of this board as being "upset" when you start rifts with them. 

I'm glad you'll keep sharing your thoughts, I hope you'll be receptive in the future to disagreements and discussion about them. 

If by "starting rifts" you mean disagreeing, then no, people typically don't get so defensive here when someone disagrees with them about the quality of a logo. And the fact that you said "Is it because I'm a girl", which is completely irrelevant and I would have no way of even knowing that, just makes me think you have a bit of a victim complex, which is why you're getting so defensive over a disagreement about a cartoon animal head.

A friendly mod reminder to keep discussion friendly and non-personal.  Someone disagreeing with you is not necessarily a personal attack.

Buy some t-shirts and stuff at KJ Shop!

KJ BrandedBehance portfolio

POTD 2013-08-22

On 7/14/2012 at 2:20 AM, tajmccall said:

When it comes to style, ya'll really should listen to Kev.

Archived