If you could have ONE sportslogo-related wish fulfilled, what would it be?

Ark

Will say this before, and will say it again: The New York Mets should go back to wearing the racing stripe uniform set. For the road set, I'd use the 1988-90 "NEW YORK" block lettering jersey. I think that the racing stripes convey speed, IMO, and look quite great. I mean, not everything in baseball has to be so traditional.

UBwef0L.png

• Replies 124
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I wish that the Calgary Stampeders get rid of their black helmets with their away uniforms and go back to using a predominantly red and white colour scheme. 

Image result for calgary stampeders vs ottawa redblacks

Above (2015) there is sufficient contrast and Calgary would sub their blacks helmets for their reds against teams that also wore black helmets. Below (2016) was last year's Grey Cup where a team called the Ottawa Redblacks was playing against a team that also wore a lot of red and black.

Image result for calgary stampeders vs ottawa redblacks

Oh good ol' Josh Gordon:P

I know someone has already said it, but that one helmet rule in the NFL is the stupidest rule in the history of sports. (Ok maybe that's an exaggeration, but who knows.) That rule limits what teams can do and there would be so many great uniform combos if that rule didn't exist.

spacer.png

Bengals design new uniform set around 2016 Color Rush. That, or the Dolphins go back to using a logo that has a face and a helmet, and also use more orange. Or Rams go back to blue and yellow, with yellow primary and return of sleeve/shoulder horn.

On 07/03/2017 at 5:00 PM, ~Bear said:

Change the Miami Marlins back to the Florida Marlins identity. IMO a modern classic, especially the cap logo. 

miami-marlins.png

Yes times infinity.  Not only was the Florida Marlins entire branding pitch perfect & beautiful, the change to the garish Miami branding scheme has made the new ones all the worse.  

cropped-cropped-toronto-skyline21.jpg?w=

@2001mark

On 3/15/2017 at 9:24 AM, bucknut42 said:

that one helmet rule in the NFL is the stupidest rule in the history of sports. (Ok maybe that's an exaggeration, but who knows.) That rule limits what teams can do and there would be so many great uniform combos if that rule didn't exist.

I'm sad that we can't have more throwback uniforms because of this rule.  On the other hand, that rule (and others) has saved us from rotating alternate helmets for alternate uniforms, so I'd call it a good thing on balance. 

3 hours ago, flyersfan said:

Less colors in baseball, white vs grey. And high socks, no baggy pants

Mine would be the reverse.

More colour in baseball - bring back the 'Rainbow guts' & 'Taco Bell' in full force; even the top half of the Saturday Night Specials.  The Royals in powder blue, the A's in gold and green, etc.

The colour I would like to see eliminated would be getting rid of 'special day' jerseys - Mother's Day, Father's Day, Memorial Day, Shrove Tuesday for all I know.  Instead those could be the times when you party like it's 1899 with some throwbacks and fauxbacks instead of overusing your pink, blue or camo highlighters on the uniforms.

Agree on the high socks and lack of pajama pants.

And since I've gone this far beyond one wish, I want a unicorn instead of a pony for my birthday.

"Just when I thought you'd said the stupidest thing, you keep on talking" - Hank Hill

The Browns to go back to their old uniforms. I can normally convince myself to like my favorite teams uniforms, or they usually will grow on me. The Browns jerseys actually look worse and worse as each week goes by. 

T1oYViW.png

10 hours ago, Gothamite said:

I'm sad that we can't have more throwback uniforms because of this rule.  On the other hand, that rule (and others) has saved us from rotating alternate helmets for alternate uniforms, so I'd call it a good thing on balance. 

Even before the one helmet rule the only time you were allowed to wear a different helmet is if it was a throwback. Alternates could only be throwbacks or color swap bascially. So the one helmet was essentially still partially a thing teams were just allowed to have throwbacks. Now they can't unless just swapping decals is an option.

Can I have ONE for each of my favorite teams? Well... going to do it anyway!

giants-color-rush-odell-12-21-16.pngGiants to make the color rush white jersey the primary away jersey. 

Nets - Nets-Alternate-1.jpg(no sleeves) and this

openingnightjerseylaunch_9.jpg

to become our primary jerseys. 

My Mets are perfect. 

4 minutes ago, JerseyJosh said:

Can I have ONE for each of my favorite teams? Well... going to do it anyway!

giants-color-rush-odell-12-21-16.pngGiants to make the color rush white jersey the primary away jersey. 

Nets - Nets-Alternate-1.jpg(no sleeves) and this

openingnightjerseylaunch_9.jpg

to become our primary jerseys. 

My Mets are perfect. 

Oh god, if the Giants go color rush full time, they will be the mockery of the NFL

AwvgSX4.png

Archived