Baltimore Ravens Redesign

bucknut42

This is my first time trying my hand at a logo redesign. I had this Ravens concept sketched up awhile ago, and just now felt comfortable enough to try it out in Inkscape. I'm sure there's something that could be upgraded or changed, so get that C&C rolling! Feedback much appreciated.

Ravens.png

spacer.png

As a Ravens fan, these are pretty good. Although i prefer our current B logo and wordmark over this as it's a bit more cutting and intimidating.  Overall though, very well done.

spacer.png

1 minute ago, ImmortalChef said:

Your Welcome! I mean for it to be flat rather than rounded and perhaps even more agressive

Thanks for the input, I totally get what you're saying. Kinda like a cross between what I have now and their current logo. What I was going for was a sleeker look, because Ravens to me are dark and foreboding figures who aren't that aggressive. Kinda like this reference image. He's just kinda sitting there looming and not really attacking. That's the feel I was going for. raven3.jpg 

spacer.png

IMO this would be a really nice logo for a high school or university team, but It doesn't look like the Ravens' logo. I think it needs to look simpler in order for it to be more Ravens-esque. (I can't really think of a better explanation for this, sorry about that) the B logo looks great!

@noe38concepts (Instagram - Twitter)

spacer.png

I appreciate all the feedback this is getting. Correct me if I'm wrong, but what I'm gathering from it all is that I need to make the Raven fiercer and simpler to fit an NFL-esque brand. That being said, I'll update what I've got and then get that concept up here soon.

spacer.png

It feels more like s black seagull than a raven to me and I think that's because of the shape  and color of the beak. If you look at your reference image, a raven has a dark, longer, sharp beak. I think that's what's holding your concept back the most. 

Archived