Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
Ice_Cap

WWE WrestleMania 33: 2 April 2017

1,201 posts in this topic

19 minutes ago, Wings said:

IMG_20170320_101720.jpg

Jim Cornette to induct the RnR Express into the HOF. That should be really interesting. 

Now this has me more interested in the HoF induction ceremony than the entire 7 hour epic of WM33. 

1 person likes this

Cornette is always entertaining with a live mic, but I guarantee he won't go rogue out of respect. Not for Vince or WWE, but for Ricky and Robert. He'll want to keep the focus on them. 

Jim Cornette is highly overrated. Both as someone with a "mind" for pro wrestling and as a manager.

2 people like this

Jim Cornette was the best manager of the 1980s. Fact.

1 person likes this

On 3/18/2017 at 11:01 AM, charger77 said:

I'd like to see Dalton Castle in WWE, but they'd likely ruin him...

https://youtu.be/ngeTAHS_ZY8

I've been all about Dalton Castle for years. I think ROH is 100% his jam and wouldn't want him in WWE to be honest. He's massively over in ROH because it's a primarily serious promotion and his goofiness is entirely off-beat.

1 person likes this

1 hour ago, Brass said:

I've been all about Dalton Castle for years. I think ROH is 100% his jam and wouldn't want him in WWE to be honest. He's massively over in ROH because it's a primarily serious promotion and his goofiness is entirely off-beat.

Completely agree. He'd likely do well and become a superstar in NXT, but would ultimately end up among the likes of Adam Rose, Vaudevillains and Tyler Breeze on the main roster. Outside of the New Day, goofiness doesn't exactly get a fair shot on the main roster. Well, I guess Enzo and Cass, but I feel like they've become stagnant recently.

1 hour ago, Shumway said:

Completely agree. He'd likely do well and become a superstar in NXT, but would ultimately end up among the likes of Adam Rose, Vaudevillains and Tyler Breeze on the main roster. Outside of the New Day, goofiness doesn't exactly get a fair shot on the main roster. Well, I guess Enzo and Cass, but I feel like they've become stagnant recently.

I think we'll get to the point where NXT is a final destination for some talent but still a stepping stone for others. Which might not be the worst thing for some guys. NXT tours, has regular "TV" and draws a heckuva house for their Big Four shows.

"permanent" NXT talent can clog things up and take spots away from guys who might never get a chance.  You do need one or two veterans in there to be OTJ trainers, but if it's truly developmental, then there shouldn't be full-timers. Once they decide that you're never going to get called up, you should be released (could always try out again in a year or two.)

Dana Brooke might be the worst wrestler in WWE.

1 person likes this

WWE sharing Twitter DMs seems to be in especially poor taste right now, doesn't it?

No, it was needed for the highlight reel and likely planned a few weeks in advance. 

1 person likes this

1 hour ago, dorshak said:

Dana Brooke might be the worst wrestler in WWE.

&

I never saw her in NXT - was she really over?  She's horrible, and doesn't have the looks to compensate. Her outfit couldn't be less flattering. 

Austin Aires looks super creepy. Like a walking amber alert. 

I dont get get what they're doing with the cruiserweights. Half of them are as big as the heavyweights, and some heavyweights are considerably smaller. 

1 minute ago, BringBackTheVet said:

&

I never saw her in NXT - was she really over?  She's horrible, and doesn't have the looks to compensate. Her outfit couldn't be less flattering. 

She was awful at first, and gradually improved (not much, but she did). Ultimately, she ended up as Emma's lackey. I'm not positive if Emma was initially intended to team up with Charlotte, but when she got hurt, Dana got called up for that role.

I'm really starting to think that Taker is winning at Mania to kind of ease the hate on Reigns a little bit. Mania ends with Brock destroying Goldberg for the title. Heyman gets on the mic and says the beast is back and that nobody can beat him. Taker comes out and says to Brock: I'll see you in New Orleans". Taker gets his surgery, comes back and beats Brock at WM34 to avenge the streak and calls it a career. 

I think the Cruiserweights were brought it to fill time slots on Raw because it's a 3 hour show. They weren't brought it because they wanted to add some Cruiserweight style action. Most of them aren't going to get pushed.

Occasionally, they're brought down..or should I say up to NXT to have taped matches with NXT talents. They've done Itami vs Gulak & TJP vs Nakamura. Every match is usually awesome.

1 hour ago, Wings said:

I'm really starting to think that Taker is winning at Mania to kind of ease the hate on Reigns a little bit. Mania ends with Brock destroying Goldberg for the title. Heyman gets on the mic and says the beast is back and that nobody can beat him. Taker comes out and says to Brock: I'll see you in New Orleans". Taker gets his surgery, comes back and beats Brock at WM34 to avenge the streak and calls it a career. 

There are two ways to get fans to have the intended reaction for Reigns:

1. Turn him heel. He'll be the most over heel on the roster immediately. People may cheer, but I think even smart fans would rather boo him. I think the biggest problem is they'd lose merchandise sales (Reigns is top three in the company).

2. Have him go an extended losing streak. The problem with Reigns is that you can't connect with him. At all. He generally doesn't show any vulnerability, and when he does, you know he's going to win (I didn't watch tonight; did he win?), so you can't get behind him.

Even when Hogan was at his peak, he'd get the holy hell beat out of him between matches. So while he won all of his big angles, he got stretchered, knocked out, turned on, and otherwise showed his ass between matches. Reigns might take a big bump now and then, but he's always standing tall at the end of the show. It's the same problem they have with Stephanie now, and with Triple H years ago -- they just can't let the chosen few ever show real vulnerability. It's maddening. 

EDIT: Yikes.

2 people like this

Taker reminds me of Randy "The Ram" Robinson now. Not good.

2 people like this

Undertakers grimace was great.  He's like "aw hell, that tore me up, and I've still got a spear coming."  

Time to walk away, old man. 

2 people like this

1 minute ago, CS85 said:

Undertakers grimace was great.  He's like "aw hell, that tore me up, and I've still got a spear coming."  

Time to walk away, old man. 

I interpreted the grimace as "dammit, I made a mistake and turned my back on Reigns."

But either way, yeah, time to walk away. At this point old, soft and balding Undertaker is doing more harm than good to his legacy. And I don't know how much of a draw he still is.

1 person likes this