Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
Ice_Cap

WWE WrestleMania 33: 2 April 2017

443 posts in this topic

1 hour ago, Ice_Cap said:

GFW Impact. Not any different from WWE Raw.

Exactly. It would make them sound more important and prominent than they really are, and would allow for easier branding of potential PPV or "special" events. 

From a branding perspective, it doesn't really matter whether TNA/Impact is "major league" or not (of course, they never really were). But making it seem like they're a strong, major promotion with a large TV presence is important from a marketing perspective. It's about branding and marketing, and getting away from their current image as a joke of a promotion that's well past its not-all-that-good prime.

1 person likes this

GFW is a horrible name but so is Impact. They need a new name and acronym that sounds more "major league". Global Force Wrestling sounds tacky and dated like something from the mid-90s. TNA? See prior. Maybe World Championship Wrestling???

1 person likes this

For a show that's continues to call itself Impact, they ain't making much of an impact at all anymore.

Or at least not the type of impact you'd want for your brand. To some, they are either an afterthought or a backstage farce.

10 hours ago, jus2damcrazey219 said:

GFW is a horrible name but so is Impact. They need a new name and acronym that sounds more "major league". Global Force Wrestling sounds tacky and dated like something from the mid-90s. TNA? See prior. Maybe World Championship Wrestling???

Is Global Force Wrestling really any weirder than World Wrestling Entertainment though? 

I donno. GFW doesn't seem too terrible, and Jeff Jarrett pyramid schemes aside? It just hasn't been doing much to leave an impact (heh) one way or another with the vast majority of wrestling fans. Which makes it a step up from TNA, which is beyond tarnished at this point. 

TNA as a name is also at a disadvantage because it's not really a name that can be taken seriously in a boardroom setting. GFW may not be an amazing name, but it isn't an adolescent sex joke either. 

Interestingly enough Spike TV had that same concern when they began to air Impact years ago. They were originally pushing for "Nonstop Wrestling Action," or NWA. Which is interesting considering they were still using National Wrestling Alliance championships at the time.

It would have made the TNA split from the NWA shortly afterwards pretty hilarious. 

2 people like this

16 hours ago, Ice_Cap said:

I'm going to the NXT live show in Tampa on the 25th! It's my first NXT event! I'm psyched.

GFW Impact. Not any different from WWE Raw.

Totally different. Raw never existed as a separate brand, and everyone knows what WWE is. 

Relatively few ppl know GFW or impact, but some know Impact as something else. 

Heading to RAW tomorrow, just got this in my email...

IMG_6995.PNG

1 person likes this

2 minutes ago, charger77 said:

IMG_6995.PNG

I have to think the Roman/Strowman match ends with Undertaker getting involved messing with Roman. Otherwise, poor Braun for having to put over Reigns again. 

New KO Mania shirt is coming soon

4 people like this

3 hours ago, charger77 said:

IMG_6995.PNG

While yours is only a day away and is likely more accurate, there was an advertisement for Universal Champion Kevin Owens taking on Roman Reigns for the 3/27 Raw in Philly (which I'll be attending), so I'd take this with a grain of salt.

While I'm at it, does anything big usually happen the Raw before Wrestlemania? Either way, I'm excited, as I've somehow never been to a Raw or Smackdown. Plus, I'd assume I'll get to see The Undertaker (for the last time?). Actually, I think the last and maybe only time I saw the Undertaker live was in 1997.

Kevin Owens squared off against Brock Lesnar at MSG today. Go see it on Youtube.

Never thought about it but how about a double turn at Mania. Reigns to heel and Strowman to face. After Reigns beats Taker they go to shake hands but Reigns just brutally attacks him until Kane comes out to save Taker but he gets beat down as well. Strowman then comes out to save Taker & Kane when the lights go out. Lightning & Fire errupt all over the stadium and when the lights come back on, Taker & Kane are gone but Strowman is now dressed in some kind of Taker-Kane hybrid outfit. Reigns backs out the ring and up the ramp. Yeah it's corny and over the top but hey its sports entertainment. 

FAN-TASY BOOKING ALERT:

What if there IS a new HHH-led heel stable, but instead of Finn Balor being a part of it, it ends up being Roman Reigns who's the "wrestling leader?" A huge portion of the crowd already hates Roman as is, but who wouldn't be ready to boo the eff out of this guy?

CAA-qwNVEAEl6-D.jpg

I'd be down with heel Reigns leading a stable, even dressing like a real wrestler (despite being a little pudgy), as long as they can explain how he and HHH reconciled after what happened last year.  

Not sure who who else would go in that stable though. KO seems like a fit but can't see him taking orders from Reigns. 

Galows / Anderson? Basically the club but with a new / worse leader? 

Just now, BringBackTheVet said:

I'd be down with heel Reigns leading a stable, even dressing like a real wrestler (despite being a little pudgy), as long as they can explain how he and HHH reconciled after what happened last year.  

Not sure who who else would go in that stable though. KO seems like a fit but can't see him taking orders from Reigns. 

Galows / Anderson? Basically the club but with a new / worse leader? 

You don't even have to explain it outside of "there were back room deals" boom reigns is a hired mercenary for HHH.

17 minutes ago, dont care said:

You don't even have to explain it outside of "there were back room deals" boom reigns is a hired mercenary for HHH.

agreed. Basically how they explained Seth Rollins turning on the Shield, after the Shield had a heated rivalry with Evolution/Triple H. "Offer he couldn't refuse."

Plus there's the residual heat between Reigns and Rollins for the aforementioned turn. They kinda/sorta buried the hatchet, but never officially reconciled as far as I can recall. 

6 hours ago, BringBackTheVet said:

Totally different. Raw never existed as a separate brand, and everyone knows what WWE is. 

Impact has never been its own brand either. It's always been the primary tv show of TNA.

1 person likes this

27 minutes ago, Ice_Cap said:

Impact has never been its own brand either. It's always been the primary tv show of TNA.

Except the TNA name has been non existent for months now (I think). Either way it would make it confusing to then pair something that's always been associated with TNA with GFW. 

Dennis Stamp is dead. Cancel WrestleMania.