Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
Ice_Cap

WWE WrestleMania 33: 2 April 2017

443 posts in this topic

May we never forget. Goodnight, sweet prince.

2 people like this

22 hours ago, BringBackTheVet said:

Except the TNA name has been non existent for months now (I think). Either way it would make it confusing to then pair something that's always been associated with TNA with GFW. 

If few people know what TNA is then even fewer know what GFW is. Anthem could buy out GFW from Jarrett, liquidate whatever assets there are, and just port the GFW name over as a new brand. The GFW brand is such a non-entity that to most people it would just be seen as a new name. It just seems like you're overthinking what would essentially be seen as Anthem changing TNA's name on account of "TNA" being a tarnished and embarrassing name.

Either GFW or just being "Impact Wrestling" works, honestly. Dropping the "TNA" name is a victory in and of itself.

How about [Something]WF or [Something]CW or [Something]PW, the way god intended it to be?

2 people like this

Global Force Wrestling is a garbage name, too. Only slightly less terrible than TNA.

Here's my Top Three Naming Systems:

1. Impact Wrestling > Impact Wrestling [NEW PROGRAM NAME]

2. Anthem Championship Wrestling*  > ACW Impact!

3. Hexagon of Honor > HoH Impact! 

*Or something else incorporating the Anthem branding as the "Federation" name

36 minutes ago, Brass said:

May we never forget. Goodnight, sweet prince.

I know literally nothing about Dennis Stamp other than Beyond the Mat.

Unrelated, but if you're like me and wondering where Cedric Alexander has been, he's injured and out for 6 months. Bummer.

Just now, Shumway said:

Unrelated, but if you're like me and wondering where Cedric Alexander has been, he's injured and out for 6 months. Bummer.

I saw the click-inducing headline "Top 205 Live Star Injured; Out of Action For Up To 5 Months" and, I know this might make me a bad person for wishing injury upon anybody and I'm not proud that this popped in my mind, but I said to myself "please be TJ Perkins." I don't wish him injury in a vacuum, but faced with that knowledge that SOMEBODY went down, it was my first thought.

WWE.com put out a poll asking fans for their favorite Undertaker WrestleMania match, and every opponent was listed except CM Punk. The pettiness is strong with WWE. Jimmy Snuka likely killed a woman and he was listed next to WrestleMania VII.

1 person likes this

In other exciting news, Lucha Underground seasons 1 and 2 are being added to Netflix on Wednesday.

*clears schedule*

2 people like this

On 3/13/2017 at 8:09 PM, DDR said:

WWE.com put out a poll asking fans for their favorite Undertaker WrestleMania match, and every opponent was listed except CM Punk. The pettiness is strong with WWE. Jimmy Snuka likely killed a woman and he was listed next to WrestleMania VII.

It's brutal to put personnal issues before moral values. The only things it proves is that they continue to look bad.

Maybe they removed him when they found out the majority of the fans were voting for CM Punk.

Edit: Apparently, you can still vote any of the Wrestlemanias. I voted for WM XXIX, the one that has no name next to the number. ^_^

Is Samoa Joe kind of like a bigger Taz?  He might be a little more agile than Taz, but they have pretty much the same presence and style (obv Taz relied more on his Tazplexes while Joe is more of a striker, but both good with the submissions and power moves.)

Looks like they're indeed saving Finn Balor's non-house show return for Wrestlemania. He probably saves Rollins from a 2 on 1 attack by HHH & Joe or maybe we get an impromptu Rollins-Balor vs. HHH-Joe tag match at Mania to protect Rollins.

Foley's going to have a you-can't-fire-me-because-I-quit moment.

That's about as close as you can come to literally cutting the balls of someone. This company sucks.

1 person likes this

Corey Graves is very good. Despite being a heel commentator, he spent the Aries/Daviri match putting Aries over. You should try that, JBL.

2 people like this

19 minutes ago, Brass said:

Corey Graves is very good. Despite being a heel commentator, he spent the Aries/Daviri match putting Aries over. You should try that, JBL.

I like Corey Graves. Good interviewer, commentator. I have a feeling he'll become a manager somehow in the near future 

3 people like this

Corey Graves is Bobby Heenan's spiritual successor. I swear to G-d he was channeling Heenan's '92 Royal Rumble work with that Rude/Nakamura match in San Antonio. 

On 2017-03-13 at 7:34 PM, DG_Now said:

How about [Something]WF or [Something]CW or [Something]PW, the way god intended it to be?

Anthem Championship Wrestling. ACW Impact. They're already half way there by including "ANTHEM" in the Impact logo.

1 person likes this

39 minutes ago, DG_Now said:

That's about as close as you can come to literally cutting the balls of someone. This company sucks.

I don't know, I liked the closing angle. Foley stood up for himself and fought back in the end, but he's old and broken down so it made sense that the semi-active HHH got the better end of that exchange...and it all set up the return of Rollins who got a huge pop – for both his entrance and the ditching of the crutch. 

The only thing I'd change is I'd have preferred Raw go off the air with Triple H in retreat and Rollins standing tall as the badass babyface. Then next week they could've done the "attack the knee" angle with the story being "oh man, just when it looked like Rollins was gonna get his WrestleMania revenge, now it seems like he's out again."

EDIT: Also, Triple H is still in amazing shape, but he looks a little leaner now than he has been in the past. 

21 minutes ago, DDR said:

I don't know, I liked the closing angle. Foley stood up for himself and fought back in the end, but he's old and broken down so it made sense that the semi-active HHH got the better end of that exchange...and it all set up the return of Rollins who got a huge pop – for both his entrance and the ditching of the crutch. 

The only thing I'd change is I'd have preferred Raw go off the air with Triple H in retreat and Rollins standing tall as the badass babyface. Then next week they could've done the "attack the knee" angle with the story being "oh man, just when it looked like Rollins was gonna get his WrestleMania revenge, now it seems like he's out again."

EDIT: Also, Triple H is still in amazing shape, but he looks a little leaner now than he has been in the past. 

Eh, I don't mind Trips coming out on top, provided they don't have Rollins come out on top next week. Next week, have Rollins almost get his hands on Triple H, until Owens/Joe make the save on behalf of Triple H and beat Rollins to a pulp. Week after, have Rollins almost again get Triple H, but somehow, he escapes. Let the first "Rollins comeuppance" happen at WrestleMania.

With under 3 weeks to go and the final matches to be added on Smackdown & 205 Live tomorrow, looks like we're set for WrestleMania:

Host: The New Day

-WWE CHAMPiONSHIP:  Bray Wyatt (c)  vs. Randy Orton 

-UNIVERSAL CHAMPIONSHIP:  Brock Lesnar (c)  vs.  Goldberg

-The Undertaker  vs.  Roman Reigns

-Seth Rollins vs. Triple H (match or confrontation?)

-AJ Styles vs. Shane McMahon

-MIXED TAG TEAM MATCH:  John Cena & Nikki Bella  vs.  The Miz & Maryse

-UNITED STATES CHAMPIONSHIP:  Chris Jericho (c)  vs.  Kevin Owens

-INTERCONTINENTAL CHAMPIONSHIP:  Dean Ambrose (c)  vs.  Baron Corbin (Most likely a no holds barred match)

-RAW WOMEN'S CHAMPIONSHIP:  Bayley (c)  vs.  Charlotte  vs. Sasha Banks

-SMACKDOWN WOMEN'S CHAMPIONSHIP:  Alexa Bliss (c)  vs.  All women available from Smackdown

-Andre the Giant Memorial Battle Royal

-RAW TAG TEAM CHAMPIONSHIP:  Gallows & Anderson (c)  vs.  Enzo & Cass  vs. Sheamus & Cesaro 

-CRUISERWEIGHT CHAMPIONSHIP:  Neville (c)  vs.  Aries 

-SMACKDOWN TAG TEAM CHAMPIONSHIP:  American Alpha (c)  vs.  The Usos???????????

Questions:

-Harper & Rowan will likely be involved in Wyatt vs. Orton?

-Braun Strowman could get involved in the aftermath of Taker vs. Reigns?

-Finn Balor & Samoa Joe will likely be involved with HHH vs. Rollins?

-Some kind of stip added to Styles vs Shane (AJ wins he gets a title shot. Shane wins & AJ is fired)?

-Nia Jax added to the RAW Women's Championship & Dana Brooke causes Charlotte not to win?

-Asuka as a surprise addition the Smackdown Women's Championship and wins it?

-The fatal 5 way on 205 live ends in a cluster:censored: and we get a 6 man ladder match for the cruiser?

1 person likes this

7 hours ago, Wings said:

-Some kind of stip added to Styles vs Shane (AJ wins he gets a title shot. Shane wins & AJ is fired)?

I like this (well, half of it.)

I just don't care about Orton v Wyatt.  Orton was never really a Wyatt family guy, so no matter how hard anyone tries to make it like it's the family imploding or former allies turning on each other, it is just two guys.  I don't think that throwing AJ in there changes the storyline that much.  Even if you take my feelings about Wyatt out of it (just to summarize, I like the character but don't think he's a credible champion), I think AJ winning the title at WM is a better moment than Wyatt defending.

I'm also of the opinion that WWE really thinks that they're rewarding AJ by giving him Shane, because in their stupid minds they think that wrestling Shane is like being in a main event.  They're dumb, but I don't think that they're burying AJ.  Considering the way the storyline with Shane and AJ is going, I don't think it's out of the question that Shane would put the "win and youre in" stipulation in the contract.