Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
Ice_Cap

WWE WrestleMania 33: 2 April 2017

331 posts in this topic

9 hours ago, Wings said:

-The fatal 5 way on 205 live ends in a cluster:censored: and we get a 6 man ladder match for the cruiser?

This needs to happen.

Notice how those 5 + Neville would be amazing in a Ladder Match. TJ Perkins needs to be on the WM card, just for his entrance alone. We already have enough singles matches as is. And they haven't added their typical Ladder Match opener yet.

Austin Aries is most likely going to win, though. I don't think they care about the Cruiserweights to give them anything at all. They were probably going to throw all the Cruiserweights in a pre-show 10 man tag or the ATG Battle Royal, until they found out Aries was cleared on time for Mania.

1 hour ago, habsfan1 said:

This needs to happen.

Notice how those 5 + Neville would be amazing in a Ladder Match. TJ Perkins needs to be on the WM card, just for his entrance alone. We already have enough singles matches as is. And they haven't added their typical Ladder Match opener yet.

Austin Aries is most likely going to win, though. I don't think they care about the Cruiserweights to give them anything at all. They were probably going to throw all the Cruiserweights in a pre-show 10 man tag or the ATG Battle Royal, until they found out Aries was cleared on time for Mania.

I'd be surprised if that DOESN'T happen. As much as I love A Double and Neville, I don't think their feud is ready for a one-on-one match at WrestleMania, plus like habs said, there's a multi-man spotfest sized hole in the card right now that the Cruiserweights are made for. 

1 person likes this

Plus if you have Aries win the title in a multi man ladder match, Neville can claim he was never pinned and you can continue the feud with Aries for a couple of ppv's.

2 people like this

all I want from wrestlemania is for the universal championship to die, Rusev to get put through the announce table, roman to get decimated, a cruiserweight ladder match with actual cruiserweight wrestling, kendo stick moments, and balor to return.

2 minutes ago, osctheg said:

all I want from wrestlemania is for the universal championship to die, Rusev to get put through the announce table, roman to get decimated, a cruiserweight ladder math with actual cruiserweight wrestling, kendo stick moments, and balor to return.

Ladder math is best math

13 minutes ago, osctheg said:

all I want from wrestlemania is for the universal championship to die, Rusev to get put through the announce table, roman to get decimated, a cruiserweight ladder match with actual cruiserweight wrestling, kendo stick moments, and balor to return.

That's all?

Just now, DDR said:

That's all?

i don't want to be greedy

1 person likes this

Hopefully this doesn't ruin our new 'no spoilers' policy, but there's a pic floating around of a certain Gold Medalist driving his car into the arena at which Smackdown is being held at this evening.

2 minutes ago, Shumway said:

Hopefully this doesn't ruin our new 'no spoilers' policy, but there's a pic floating around of a certain Gold Medalist driving his car into the arena at which Smackdown is being held at this evening.

Much like revealing title changes ahead of time, this makes me want to watch even more. Spoilers are overrated in general. 

5 hours ago, habsfan1 said:

This needs to happen.

No, it doesn't. Neville vs Aries would be an amazing match. I would much rather see that than a multi-man ladder cluster :censored:

4 hours ago, Wings said:

Plus if you have Aries win the title in a multi man ladder match, Neville can claim he was never pinned and you can continue the feud with Aries for a couple of ppv's.

Neville always has his rematch clause if they want an in-story reason to further the program.

I'm sure a ladder match with half the 205 roster would create a lot of spots, but Neville and Aries could have a really great one-on-one match. It would be a shame not showcase that on the biggest show of the year.

9 minutes ago, Shumway said:

I don't know if I like this.  I mean I typically relate him to SD from the past, but Raw seems so thin on the star power side of the roster that they need more help.

3 minutes ago, AstroBull21 said:

I don't know if I like this.  I mean I typically relate him to SD from the past, but Raw seems so thin on the star power side of the roster that they need more help.

I have a feeling it's just for the WWE 24 thing and not an actual appearance.

28 minutes ago, Shumway said:

Yeah, that will put butts in the seat.

19 hours ago, Ice_Cap said:

Anthem Championship Wrestling. ACW Impact. They're already half way there by including "ANTHEM" in the Impact logo.

That's not a bad name I suppose. Although I could see the powers that be wanting to avoid a "CW" name seeing as how WWE owns the 2 most famous CWs in wrestling history.

Maybe simply calling it "Anthem Wrestling" could work. I would suggest "Anthem Wrestling Association" but that's an obvious no go due to initials. "Anthem Wrestling Federation"? Nah, people would just call it "AWFul". "Anthem Wrestling League"? Might make people think Owl.

Never thought about how difficult naming a wrestling company could be. Oh well.

39 minutes ago, Ice_Cap said:

No, it doesn't. Neville vs Aries would be an amazing match. I would much rather see that than a multi-man ladder cluster :censored:

Neville always has his rematch clause if they want an in-story reason to further the program.

I'm sure a ladder match with half the 205 roster would create a lot of spots, but Neville and Aries could have a really great one-on-one match. It would be a shame not showcase that on the biggest show of the year.

Yeah. You do the ladder match angle to further along an angle that culminates with a 1-on-1 at Wrestlemania.  You don't start the angle with a ladder match there.  At least in my world - I know that VKM tends to differ these days.  Given the options, i'd definitely book the 1-on-1 now and figure out the rest later.

1 person likes this

International Wrestling Association

International Wrestling League

National Wrestling League

World Wrestling League

World Wrestling Association

Major League Wrestling

Global Wrestling League

Global Wrestling Association

Pro Wrestling League

Pro Wrestling Association

Trying to find a way to make it sound like a legit "pro sports organization" and not a sports entertainment organization. Have a NHL/NFL/NBA/MLB vibe to the name and shield type logo.

Any one of those names (with the exception of Global) would make any upstart or renamed organization sound legitimate and "established" from the get go.

Names like Omega, Paragon Pro Wrestling, Resistance Pro Wrestling, Total Nonstop Action & Global Force Wrestling all sound like new upstarts that are trying to be edgy but fall short. 

The prefixes of either International, World, Major League, Pro and to a lesser extent Global seem more "big time" than even American or any other adjective. 

If I were starting a promotion I would of course have a few gimmicky & comedic characters but it would be a story driven show and presented like a legitimate sporting event where wins and losses mean something, there are consequences for actions and title shots are earned. Yes, stories exist in WWE today but if I were to televise a match it would be for a reason, not to just fill time and put somebody on tv. I firmly believe that lower card and mid card wrestlers could be used in story lines that have payoffs. The payoff could be to advance to the main event level, see a face finally over come a nemesis or a heel finally get whats coming to him. 

1 person likes this

AJ's hair is too silky and smooth.  I really want to pet him.  He needs to cut it down some and maybe lay off the conditioner.

1 person likes this

1) Alexa is way hotter than I ever gave her credit for.  I'm not into the super bleached blond look or the overdone eye makeup, but her ass and legs are ohmygod.  Not sure how I never saw that.

2) Her music blows.  I'm pretty sure that there's wrestlers who have gotten over just because of their music (or at least had a huge help.)  She's getting over in spite of her music.  It's awful.  Sasha and Bayley get such big pops just based on their musics and entrances - they should make something better for Alexa.  

3) In some ways, she reminds me of AJ Lee, in that she can act all innocent while being a total bitch, and how she can kind of tell a whole story just with her eyes.  

1 hour ago, charger77 said:

International Wrestling Association

National Wrestling League

World Wrestling League

World Wrestling Association

Major League Wrestling

Global Wrestling League

Global Wrestling Association

Pro Wrestling League

Pro Wrestling Association

Trying to find a way to make it sound like a legit "pro sports" not sports entertainment organization. Have a NHL/NFL/NBA/MLB vibe to the name and shield type logo

No kidding. There were a million wrestling leagues in the 80s and 90s -- WCCW, ICW, CWA, USWA, AWF, UWF (and UWF again) and so on. A million variations on "world" or "international" or "universe" or "US" or whatever.

I don't love "League," but whatever. It's better than Global Force Wrestling and Total Nonstop Action.

Her music is a hybrid of her original and Blake & Murphy's (which she was managing). Regardless, she needs something a hell of a lot better. 

On the TNA side of things, Anthem (Meh-TNA spelled backwards B)) needs to blow up the Impact brand. It's way past redemption at this point. GFW is only good for press releases and shilling Jarrett's pyramid scheme. 

1 person likes this