Image result for mighty ducks paul kariya

Image result for rangers statue of liberty jersey

Image result for 90s coyotes jersey

Image result for jagr penguins

Image result for zach parise devils

Image result for blackhawks cup 2010

Image result for whalers shanahan

Image result for thrashers kovalchuk

Always did like that whalers uniform. It is not as fondly remembered as their original set but imo, it looks better than their more well known set

• Replies 56
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Here's my list. I ended up not including some more colourful options, as some were mentioned earlier in the thread (Chicago red, Devils red/green etc.). 

fernando-pisani-of-the-edmonton-oilers-s

I know the Oilers have a great set currently, but I still think these were probably the best 'modern update' set that any team did in the 90s. Also probably the best navy jersey the NHL has ever seen. I truly wish they had a Cup attached to their legacy, and I still sometimes wear mine to the rare Oilers games I go to. If they ever come back in as a third or throwback in a slimmer cut I'll be the first in line to get one.

patrice-bergeron.jpg

Probably the current nicest white jersey in the NHL, and the best the Bruins have ever looked in white. Just an all around great look.

Los+Angeles+Kings+v+New+Jersey+Devils+1I

That purple/royal blue just looks so nice against the white base. My only gripe is the lack of hemstripe, but I chose this version because I prefer the slimmer Edge cut. Could take or leave or the Wordmark on the bottom, but it was somewhat unique. They should have won the Cup in these and not the blandness that came after (I am fine with their current white away).

Phoenix+Coyotes+v+San+Jose+Sharks+85tU2x

The best the Sharks have ever looked. The updated crest was a nice upgrade in 2007, and the only real flaw was the front numbers. The shoulder patch I'm ambivalent towards although if I prefer the fin logo. I for one, quite liked the orange accents and what it did for the colour scheme. The current set is a needless downgrade. 

hi-res-107534760_crop_north.jpg?w=630&h=

I'm a fan of the Preds' current gold look for sure, but these were awesome when they came out. As a navy blue lover, I'm a sucker for any well done navy jersey and this was my favourite one after the 06 Oilers. The sublimated checkers were a unique touch, and they made a muted colour scheme work better than their regular colour scheme at the time.  

e4ccef6005698e76f5b8f4e461db71de.jpg

My one vintage inclusion. I debated including the 40th anniversary third as the current home & aways are ruined by piping, but this is probably the best of the bunch when it comes to post-Original six clubs. The original Sabres logo has always stood out as one of the best to me, in how it spells out the team's name through images. The logos, the stripes, and the colour scheme are all top notch.

23 minutes ago, Prince Harry said:

hi-res-107534760_crop_north.jpg?w=630&h=

I'm a fan of the Preds' current gold look for sure, but these were awesome when they came out. As a navy blue lover, I'm a sucker for any well done navy jersey and this was my favourite one after the 06 Oilers.

Prince Harry, as a Canucks fan, I would take that navy blue jersey and striping template and do the following:

1. Change the black stripes inside the white areas to kelly green. Striping is very similar to the Canucks' '70-'72 version. 

2. Add green bordering to the block font and collar.

3. Put Johnny Canuck on the front.

The jersey would be in the Top 10.

71eab35cb6de10dd7b4d09a02e752773.jpg.cf.jpg

I'm definitely pro-Johnny Canuck in terms of having it involved with the identity of the Canucks. What I would like to see is a logo using just Johnny's upper body, with a V running along side the stick and coming up the other side. Might look a bit cluttered though. The skating Johnny is nice but it seems sort of skinny for an actual NHL logo. I don't mind the Orca but a reworked version with input from local aboriginal artists would look cool.

On 3/12/2017 at 10:28 AM, Morgo said:

The best the Flames have ever looked in my opinion.  The striping is classy, the black "C" was fresh and they just look great on the ice. 

ZDdMC6F.jpg

The word "modern classic" gets thrown around a lot on here but this, in my opinion, is airtight example.  The mountain-range striping is ingenious, the colours are perfect and logo says everything it needs to.  It also contains one of the more ingenious shoulder patches ever created.  Its derogatorily referred to as a foot, when it actually represents a footprint in the snow.  I love how the shimmer thread mimics the way snow sparkles and If you think I'm reaching, explain why the actual snow on the primary logo is lined with the same material.  Perfect uniform with the 'Glacier-Twill' being the icing on the cake.

VdxaiaT.jpg

Another modern classic from the 90's.  I am confident the Panthers will never look this good again.

j4NUGK7.jpg

The Ducks hit out of the park with this one.  The subtle nod the teams original striping is brilliant and the logo looks great in the updated colours.

uz9QdeQ.jpg

The colour scheme alone warrants the inclusion of this underrated gem.  Just look at how those colours pop.  The recoloured-orca looks great and so does the traditional striping.

uyNC5Ql.jpg

Beautiful, classy and unique.  Blows the =O= out of the water.

1Es8P9G.jpg

I totally agree with the current Ducks alternate. A great well-executed blend of past, and present.  I proudly own it.

2 hours ago, Prince Harry said:

I'm definitely pro-Johnny Canuck in terms of having it involved with the identity of the Canucks. What I would like to see is a logo using just Johnny's upper body, with a V running along side the stick and coming up the other side. Might look a bit cluttered though. The skating Johnny is nice but it seems sort of skinny for an actual NHL logo. I don't mind the Orca but a reworked version with input from local aboriginal artists would look cool.

I'm pretty flexible with how Johnny Canuck is used. JC should be integrated into some sort of supporting background element, ie. a roundel based on the Canucks' weight room logo and a V logo that I designed. Not too crazy about the Johnny-V head, though.

JC should be the primary identity of the Canucks without question. It's what a "Canuck" is. So, if you take the navy blue and kelly green concept I had mentioned in my previous post based on the old Predators navy thirds and use the skating version on either a roundel, a V or by itself, you would have a very beautiful jersey. 

A reworked version of the orca by aboriginal artists can work if only used for a third jersey for tourists. Like the Rangers' old Liberty jerseys. However, the orca's origins were inspired by the former Orca Bay ownership. 

VLLkXHd.png.cf.png

20151203_144213.jpg

20151203_143752.jpg

6 hours ago, Zeus89725 said:

These Montreal Maroons sweaters are better than the Canadiens jerseys, imo. If they were still around, the Maroons would most likely be the best dressed team in the league.

normal.jpeg?1470419520

Unless they did something like the Islanders in the 90's... Or the Blues during the Reebok edge... 

But I totally agree. This is one of my favorite uniforms of all time! 

"And those who know Your Name put their trust in You, for You, O Lord, have not forsaken those who seek You." Psalms 9:10

Archived