cgr4ves

fhl
FHL: Fantasy Hockey League

8 posts in this topic

WELCOME TO THE FANTASY HOCKEY LEAGUE! 

I created the fantasy hockey league in March of 2017 and orginally is a league with 16 team members divided into the Eastern and Western Conferences. Both Conferences have 8 teams and two divisons of 4 each. Each team plays another from the other conference and other divison twice (once home and once away), and plays the members in their own division four times (twice home and twice away) for a grand total of 36 games. At the end of a season, the top two in each division will enter the Fantasy Hockey Championship Playoffs. The 8 teams that make the FHCP will play their divison rival in a best of 7 series and continue until two teams meet in the Fantasy Hockey League Championship. Team names and divison pairings will come closly but feel free to help me with designing logos and jerseys! Expanison will come and most importantly enjoy! 

IMG_1529.JPG

TEAM NAMES AND MASCOTS 

Fantasy Hockey League 

Western Conference 

West Division 

1. San Francisco Earthquakes

2. Los Angeles Stars

3. Seattle Thunder

4. Las Vegas Aces

South Division

1. Dallas Tornadoes

2. New Orleans VooDoo

3. St Louis Arches

4. Phoenix Red Hawks

Eastern Conference

Midwest Division

1.. Chicago Huskies

2. Detroit Engines

3. Memphis Blues

4. Indianapolis Eagles

East Division

1. New York Skyscrapers

2. Philadelphia Wildcats

3. Pittsburgh Lizards

4. Boston Revolutionaries

I hope you liked the team names I picked oit and please feel free to design any logos you feel like or jerseys. I want to share this with all of you. Thank you. - Commisioner Graver 

It's actually your responsibility as the OP to post concepts for the teams. So... what have you got?

1 person likes this

Not another one of these "I'll make some team names and you make the logos and jerseys" concepts

1 person likes this

I am currently working on logos and jerseys for the teams and league. Here is the leagues finished logo

IMG_1630.JPG

1 hour ago, cgr4ves said:

I am currently working on logos and jerseys for the teams and league. Here is the leagues finished logo

IMG_1630.JPG

Wow, changing your idea half way through, I have never seen that before, I applaud you, sir

I wouldn't say the logo looks bad, but it doesn't have a 'big league' feel to it, if you know what I mean. of the Big 4 leagues, none of them have the full name on the logo, just the initials, which is something to consider. They also don't have the date of establishment on them. putting the FHL in the center and then taking it from there could make it look more modern and professional. 

1 person likes this

I'm gonna rip into this one. I apologize in advance.

First off, I understand you're new here. We all make mistakes. But you need to post a concept with your original post. Some of us read the rules, others learn the hard way. Obviously, you decided to pull a 180 in an 'Oh! You caught me!' kind of sense, but that doesn't make it any better. I'd advise reading the rules before you make any more mistakes.

Next, I'm gonna criticize the logo. I know you're probably a beginner, and hell, I know my initial logos were terrible too, but I wish someone had told me how to fix them. What you need to do is choose a more unique font. Anybody can find the same font and produce the same thing. I also think there needs to be more spacing between the letters in 'FHL', less space inbetween the 'Since 2017' and 'FHL', and a more unique shield. I found that exact shield in Google right here. I know it seems like the easier thing to do, but be unique.

Building on that 'be unique' idea, you need to differentiate yourself from everybody else. A better name, a better logo, and something that doesn't seem bland and generic would help you out. Something I've learned is not to pump out designs just because you need to. Get inspired, and go from there. Make some sketches, scan the paper, and trace over it in whatever program you're using. Anything to get a good idea from your head to the screen.

Lastly, a non-logo related thing. Why the hell did you put a hockey team in Phoenix, New Orleans, and Las Vegas instead of Denver? I know I only had to list one team to replace, but all three of those are cities in which hockey cannot survive.

That's all. I know it seemed rough, but don't let this hurt your graphic design career. I got all this too when I started, and I continued. I'm nowhere near professional, but I've grown a lot. Stick with it if you love it.

6 people like this