MLB | Cincinnati Reds Primary Logo Update

Go Red Sox!

The Reds from Cincinnati have one of those classic marks with a very high recognition value. However, the black 3-D shadows the club has added when they rebranded back in 1999 are very outdated. Therefore, they had to go – plus my mark now got a slightly thicker outline.

Cincinnati%20Reds%20primary%20logo_zpsp4

Never argue with an idiot! They will only bring you down to their level and beat you with experience.––George Carlin

Thanks a lot, guys. Much appreciated!

17 hours ago, TVIXX said:

Took the words right out of my mouth

@Go Red Sox!would you consider doing an update of the Brewers glove logo

Thanks, TVIXX.

Here are two reasons why I won't consider updating the famous Brewers glove logo. Firstly, it's iconic because of its simplicity, cleverness and originality. Secondly, because I think I couldn't really improve it. It needs to be simple, the basic shape shouldn't be altered. So I would end up creating something that might look very much like the original mark, but eventually it was just a cheap copy of the good, old and smart logo. Their current mark might not be perfect in terms of execution, but, like I said before, it's iconic and it doesn't scream "REEEDEESIIIGN" at all! Some logos are perfect, even though they don't look like that.

Never argue with an idiot! They will only bring you down to their level and beat you with experience.––George Carlin

Archived