Best mlb uniforms

Rj0498

• Replies 96
  • Created
  • Last Reply
9 minutes ago, SilverBullet1929 said:

Ya know... reading through this thread makes me realize you could almost, *almost,* pick any uniform and make a case for why it's so good. Again, almost.

You could say that but, that where the fun of this thread comes from.

Just now, Rj0498 said:

You could say that but, that where the fun of this thread comes from.

Yeah definitely... wasn't saying it as a negative at all. I'm reading through this and some not so obvious choices come up like the Twins road jerseys and the Rockies and then you read the people's explanations and they're not bad and it makes you look at those jerseys differently at least for a moment even if you don't agree with them. It's kinda like critiquing art. It's part of the beauty of this place.

On 3/11/2017 at 11:36 PM, Cujo said:

The mismatching interlocking-NYs disqualify the Yankees from this debate.

because you have no idea what I'm talking about ⬇

yankeelogos.png

On 3/12/2017 at 2:22 PM, Ferdinand Cesarano said:

And I agree that the jersey logo is just a bolder version of the cap logo.  In this respect, this is different to the Tigers' situation, in which the cap logo and the jersey logo are designed according to different specifications.

I respectfully disagree with your agreement.  The top arms (?) of the Y flare in completely different directions on the cap and jersey logos.  They flare out slightly on the cap logo and flare in noticeably on the jersey logo.  The shape of the N is also significantly different . . . particularly the right side, which is basically a 90 degree arc on the jersey logo.

Most Liked Content of the Day -- February 15, 2017, August 21, 2017, August 22, 2017     /////      Proud Winner of the CCSLC Post of the Day Award -- April 8, 2008

Originator of the Upside Down Sarcasm Smilie -- November 1, 2005  🙃

I can't stand the Yankees jersey logo. It being so bold and thick and heavy and awkwardly short and wide... it feels like an an elementary school kid tried drawing the cap logo and the jersey logo is what they came up with. You can still tell it's a Yankees logo but it just looks like it was poorly done. 

On 3/11/2017 at 6:52 PM, Solaris said:

Best ever?

Yankees.

I don't think that's something we can really debate.

The Yankees home pinstripes are classics and worthy of consideration...but I certainly don't think they are "best and it's 'not debatable.'"

MLB has so many classics that it's much harder for me to come up with a short list than other sports...off the top of my head (active):

• Yankees home 
  • Tigers home
  • Red Sox home
  • Blue Jays (either)
  • A's road
  • Angels (either)
  • Cardinals (either)

I know; I did not get too out there.  Past favorites of mine:

• Early 1990s Orioles
  • Blue Jays World Series era
  • Padres Brown/Orange
  • Phillies Maroon, or whatever that was (even the powder blue, which I am against.  This was definitely my favorite power blue uniform; I think I liked the way the maroon played off of it)

Disclaimer: If this comment is about an NBA uniform from 2017-2018 or later, do not constitute a lack of acknowledgement of the corporate logo to mean anything other than "the corporate logo is terrible and makes the uniform significantly worse."

BADGERS TWINS VIKINGS TIMBERWOLVES WILD

POTD (Shared)

1 hour ago, OnWis97 said:

The Yankees home pinstripes are classics and worthy of consideration...but I certainly don't think they are "best and it's 'not debatable.'"

MLB has so many classics that it's much harder for me to come up with a short list than other sports...off the top of my head (active):

• Yankees home 
  • Tigers home
  • Red Sox home
  • Blue Jays (either)
  • A's road
  • Angels (either)
  • Cardinals (either)

I know; I did not get too out there.  Past favorites of mine:

• Early 1990s Orioles
  • Blue Jays World Series era
  • Padres Brown/Orange
  • Phillies Maroon, or whatever that was (even the powder blue, which I am against.  This was definitely my favorite power blue uniform; I think I liked the way the maroon played off of it)

When I think of a baseball uniform I think of the Yankees pinstripes. The road however leaves a lot to be desired and is easily a bottom 10 look.  I've always wondered what their script would look like on their away jersey (sans Yankees of course)

s-l1000.jpg

45 minutes ago, MCM0313 said:

Am I the only one who thinks the Tigers' road set is just as good as, if not better than, their homes? They may actually be my favorite road uniform in baseball today.

They do look better than what people make then out to be but, I think these look better

HOF Weekend 1968 Group_HOFers and McLain_4936.92_NBL.jpg

Mickey-Lolich-Oct-10-1968.jpg

20 minutes ago, Rj0498 said:

They do look better than what people make then out to be but, I think these look better

HOF Weekend 1968 Group_HOFers and McLain_4936.92_NBL.jpg

Mickey-Lolich-Oct-10-1968.jpg

Meh. I love the cursive script with the orange outline. These aren't bad but they don't appeal to me like the current ones.

On ‎3‎/‎14‎/‎2017 at 10:02 AM, leopard88 said:

I respectfully disagree with your agreement. [cont. the Yankees uniform logos are the worst, etc.]

Not to mention the Yankees primary logo, which is 100% red & royal --- two colors which appear NOWHERE ON THEIR UNIFORM.

Their entire identity is basically a steaming pile of hot garbage, masked by the radiating beam of 27 championship rings.

Yankees+Bicentenial+Logo.png

6uXNWAo.png

7 hours ago, Cujo said:

Not to mention the Yankees primary logo, which is 100% red & royal --- two colors which appear NOWHERE ON THEIR UNIFORM.

Their entire identity is basically a steaming pile of hot garbage, masked by the radiating beam of 27 championship rings.

8cGpybXca.png

Nice logo.

I'm not sure I'd go exactly that far, but there are certainly some, um, inconsistencies.

Most Liked Content of the Day -- February 15, 2017, August 21, 2017, August 22, 2017     /////      Proud Winner of the CCSLC Post of the Day Award -- April 8, 2008

Originator of the Upside Down Sarcasm Smilie -- November 1, 2005  🙃

On 3/14/2017 at 11:50 AM, SilverBullet1929 said:

Why do the Mariners use a different number font on their navy alternate? What an eyesore on an otherwise strong uniform set.

At the time, we regarded it as a test run for replacing all the block numbers with a stylized proprietary font.  Perhaps a failed experiment they allowed to linger. 

Archived