Best mlb uniforms

Rj0498

1 hour ago, -Akronite- said:

The Athletics have beautiful colors, classic clean jerseys, and a solid logo set. So many of their uniforms have been hits. These, however, are a :censored:ing travesty. Yellow pants, terrible number placement, unnecessary vest, overall dated look. And hell it even features what might be their worst possible cap. Awful. All opinion of course, but awful.

I'd say the vest is a strong point.  That uniform would look worse with regular yellow sleeves.  The green adds color balance.

Smart is believing half of what you hear. Genius is knowing which half.

• Replies 96
  • Created
  • Last Reply
2 hours ago, -Akronite- said:

The Athletics have beautiful colors, classic clean jerseys, and a solid logo set. So many of their uniforms have been hits. These, however, are a :censored:ing travesty. Yellow pants, terrible number placement, unnecessary vest, overall dated look. And hell it even features what might be their worst possible cap. Awful. All opinion of course, but awful.

Well, its a throwback to a uniform from the mid-sixties, so "dated" is meaningless.

As for the rest, you're just wrong.

10 hours ago, MCM0313 said:

They never wore a teal uniform aside from spring training, right?

I agree that the color balance is nice. Between this and 2012 they kept hammering away the teal, and by the end they were way too black-heavy. I'd like the '97 unis with a teal alternate cap and shirt, and the '93 teal-sleeved golf-looking alt for Sunday home games.

Correct they never wore an all teal jersey aside from spring training. 

5 hours ago, Rj0498 said:

I actually don't think these are too bad. They have an awesome color scheme,simple but effective design and just better than their 2000s look imo.

tyson-ross-mlb-los-angeles-dodgers-san-diego-padres-1-850x560.jpg

And the "road" version they wore for the All-Star game was just as nice.  Clean and simple.  I also like how the special cap matched this particular uniform.  Lose the contrasting brim and stars and you have the perfect cap to wear on the road.

But being the Padres, they'd never go with this.

IMG_3220.JPG

jersey-signature03.pngjersey-signature04.png

16 hours ago, oldschoolvikings said:

Well, its a throwback to a uniform from the mid-sixties, so "dated" is meaningless.

As for the rest, you're just wrong.

Actually the opposite, it looks like it's from that era and belongs there.

The white version above is a massive improvement and still not as good as the A's current home jersey.

15 minutes ago, -Akronite- said:

Actually the opposite, it looks like it's from that era and belongs there.

The white version above is a massive improvement and still not as good as the A's current home jersey.

The current uniform features the boring forest green that replaced the older gorgeous kelly shade. A definite downgrade IMO.

I'm a Phillies fan so I'm biased but I love the home jersey. I'm surprised they aren't getting more consideration on here. The Cardinals and Dodgers have the best road unis IMO. Detroit's would be the best if they eliminated the white outlines.

cole-hamels.jpg

17632_road_l.jpg

thumb.jpg

4345_road_gray_dodgers_road_l.jpg

11 minutes ago, Rebuy said:

I'm a Phillies fan so I'm biased but I love the home jersey. I'm surprised they aren't getting more consideration on here. The Cardinals and Dodgers have the best road unis IMO. Detroit's would be the best if they eliminated the white outlines.

I think the maroon jersey set is better.  Not much maroon in MLB, but there is a ton of red.  

Smart is believing half of what you hear. Genius is knowing which half.

18 minutes ago, Rebuy said:

Eh... I can't stand the pinstriped Phillies jersey. IMO the cream alternate is far superior

YVRMUBj.png

2 hours ago, kroywen said:

Exactly.

I'll be the first to admit - the Yankees' primary logo is a bit of an anachronism from a previous era, and isn't really cohesive with the rest of the identity. At this juncture, though, it's so tangential to the Yankees' identity, though, that it's been unofficially sidelined to being a minor secondary logo. The Yankees almost never use it in their marketing materials, and have minimized its usage at the Stadium. It's kind of like those scenarios in the NBA where teams didn't want to pay the fee to change their primary logo, so they sidelined it in favor of a secondary logo in their marketing materials. In fairness, many baseball teams have taken that approach with more dated primary logos - the A's, Mariners, Orioles, and pre-2009 Red Sox all come to mind. I suppose, at least in the Yankees case, it's a desire to hold on to a traditional logo that otherwise doesn't fit within the team's modern identity.

Honestly, I'd be fine with the Yankees dropping the top hat logo, at this point. Or perhaps recoloring it to be primarily blue (though the stripes on the hat and the seams on the ball should absolutely remain red, given that it's an Uncle Sam hat modeled after the flag, and a baseball, which has red seams in reality). The top hat logo serves little purpose at this juncture, and can be formally replaced with the print NY, IMO.

In terms of the uniforms themselves, and the so-called "mismatching NYs"? As said before, each one looks best in its respective application. It works beautifully as it is. They don't need to match, and frankly, using an identical logo in all three applications would look terrible.

I'm on the opposite side.  While I have a soft spot for the print logo for its use behind home plate and find that it does have its place as representing the interlocking NY off of the cap or uniform, I wish they'd focus more on the primary, and was happy to see just how much it was featured at the New Stadium, especially the spot on the awnings, much like it sat in the original Stadium.

yankee-stadium.jpgNYY%20Will%20Call%20450x300.JPG

1 hour ago, Ark said:

I really like the We Are Family era Pirates, but this is objectively the best Pirates uniform and it makes no sense that they aren't wearing it now with a road version. 

n6WZOPJ.jpg?1

It's really tough.  Both sleeved and sleeveless look so good.  It's hard to pick just one.  Same with the old sleeveless Reds and the Big Red Machine look, or the current Red Sox Ted Williams look vs. the 70's Carlton Fisk look.  It's hard to choose one perfect look for the teams.

On 3/17/2017 at 3:05 PM, oldschoolvikings said:

IMG_9561.JPG

Someone just mistakenly put this in the "worst MLB uniforms" thread, so I moved it here.

On the subject of these, the parts are all wonderful, and make for a beautiful uniform.  Sadly, the execution is waaaay off.  The A and front number look like they're sliding right off this thing, the vests are cut more like a sleeveless uniform, the back number is set in position to leave room for a name, and the pants look like they've been wrinkled up rather than cut for the socks.  Fix all this, and you'd have a beauty.

spacer.png

spacer.png

On 20/03/2017 at 4:14 PM, WSU151 said:

On 20/03/2017 at 4:00 PM, Rebuy said:

I think the maroon jersey set is better.  Not much maroon in MLB, but there is a ton of red.  

Not only is the colour better on the maroon set, but the logo is way better.

Image result for mike schmidt

(either with or without the little seam inside the hole of the P).

And the road uniform was great when it dropped powder blue and matured to grey.

Image result for mike schmidt

Finally, the number font was beautiful.

I don't dislike the Phillies' current uniforms; I appreciate them because they resemble the 1950s style.  I think it is extremely cool that the overall aesthetic of a Phillies-Braves game or a Phillies-Dodgers game or a Phillies-Giants game is very similar to the look of these matchups in the 1950s.  I am usually strongly in favour of that sort of thing.

But with the Phillies it's different, because they found their best look in the 1970s with that amazing logo and that beautiful colour.  For that team, it is this look and this logo, not the 1950s look and logo, that should have defined them going forward.

logo-diamonds-for-CC-no-photo-sig.png

• 8 months later...

Stumbled across this forum, and it has me

thinking of what a tremendous job Majestic has done with keeping the uniforms so crisp and prestine. The MLB jerseys are the best they have ever looked in my opinion.... Going to be really weird seeing the Yankees with a big under armour patch come 2019.

14o81a1.jpg9qgwba.jpg

Archived