2017-18 CHL Logos/Jerseys

T-ROY

47 minutes ago, kiwi_canadian said:

Victoria Royals seem to be doing the same thing as the Red Deer Rebels. They will be releasing a white version of their current black alternate. Can't seem to post the picture, but it's on their facebook page.

The one thing I get from this is th Tbirds need a third jersey.

• Replies 146
  • Created
  • Last Reply

The crest, the wordmark shoulder patches, and the freaking phantom yokes are all thoroughly not-good.

On 1/25/2013 at 1:53 PM, 'Atom said:

For all the bird de lis haters I think the bird de lis isnt supposed to be a pelican and a fleur de lis I think its just a fleur de lis with a pelicans head. Thats what it looks like to me. Also the flair around the tip of the beak is just flair that fleur de lis have sometimes source I am from NOLA.

PotD: 10/19/07, 08/25/08, 07/22/10, 08/13/10, 04/15/11, 05/19/11, 01/02/12, and 01/05/12.

7 hours ago, Sodboy13 said:

The crest, the wordmark shoulder patches, and the freaking phantom yokes are all thoroughly not-good.

Of the 3, this is the worst part for me. Also, if there was a way to slide up or down the "CCM" patch to make room for the "C" or "A". It's placement right now is awkward.

Oh my God yes.

On 1/25/2013 at 1:53 PM, 'Atom said:

For all the bird de lis haters I think the bird de lis isnt supposed to be a pelican and a fleur de lis I think its just a fleur de lis with a pelicans head. Thats what it looks like to me. Also the flair around the tip of the beak is just flair that fleur de lis have sometimes source I am from NOLA.

PotD: 10/19/07, 08/25/08, 07/22/10, 08/13/10, 04/15/11, 05/19/11, 01/02/12, and 01/05/12.

• 1 month later...
4 hours ago, OMMF said:

For the '18-'19 thread but it will do here for now. Vancouver taking a poll on these possible alt jerseys for next season:

hFQIOqd.png

My vote is for both as home and road... Scrap the current set... 

"And those who know Your Name put their trust in You, for You, O Lord, have not forsaken those who seek You." Psalms 9:10

It's supposed to be flat copper (red-orange), I think.  The Giants use gold, not copper, though.  It is interesting because three WHL teams use copper, and a fourth uses a somewhat similar bronze.  Last big 5 team to use copper or bronze was the Oilers alternate uniform in 2012.  Great accent color, but not that great in such large quantities.

2 hours ago, Sabres7200 said:

It's supposed to be flat copper (red-orange), I think.  The Giants use gold, not copper, though.  It is interesting because three WHL teams use copper, and a fourth uses a somewhat similar bronze.  Last big 5 team to use copper or bronze was the Oilers alternate uniform in 2012.  Great accent color, but not that great in such large quantities.

It's almost like they wanted it to match the lumberjack's arm. That's the closest I could find to that shade on their logo.

Edit: It's the same template they used for their White Spots tribute jersey although that one didn't have a different-colored shoulder yoke.

1 hour ago, OMMF said:

It's almost like they wanted it to match the lumberjack's arm. That's the closest I could find to that shade on their logo.

Yeah I think they were going for the arm.  The weird thing is that their official listed color for that is a metallic gold.  The hue they use for graphics on their website and stuff is a lighter gold with a little more red in it.  The thread they use for embroidery looks to have a lot more red in it and is closer to copper.  And the regular jersey trim use their other metallic color, silver, with no gold or copper striping.

Just cross-posting from the NHL thread; I don't know if the Hurricanes have had a good look.

On 1/11/2018 at 11:13 PM, monkeypower said:

Oh it is most definitely not odd that the Capitals took exception with the HurrJcanes logo being too similar. 

lethbridge_hurricanes.png?w=640&h=360

I'm going to junior-Canejack this thread a bit, but the Hurricanes have had a tumultuous logo history with six different primary logos in their 31 year history, five of them being used since the turn of the century and none have been all that great.

There's the original from 87-88 to 96-97. 1818.gif

Then Taz from 97-98 to 03-04. 4smwruhi3fi2egww2oe2cp1bc.gif 

Then more of a hurricane storm shape from 04-05 to 08-09. dnhe6w9cu2n5byfiv6hea8nmh.gif

Then how about we just use the script for two seasons, 09-10 and 10-11. k7fq474bkdsflgmest6xw1n2m.gif

Then the HurrJcanes for also just two seasons, 11-12 and 12-13. rqan6ime45gexog7ss9bwx12e.gif 

Finally the current look beginning in 13-14. 44020632014.gif

Their current jerseys aren't bad, but I don't know what's going on with the socks and I think the colour balance is off along with the blue getting lost in the pants..

canes-game-seven-photo-web.jpg

betterbook_58ee530fc151b.jpg

IbjBaeE.png

Archived