Comic character design / C&C

OliverP

Hey guys, today I'd like to show of some work my girlfriend did, she's looking for some C&C and I thought that this forum has enough creative minds to comment on her work.

She's a bit of a comic nerd, plus, she loves digital art and character design so much she'd like to make a career out of it. So, she had an idea, being a big DC fan she wanted to create a new character that would fall right in with all the nut-jobs in Arkham, but prettier. The result was Ace (a nod to Ace Chemicals) she is kind of a Joker meets Catwoman type of character, but the whole backstory and a personality is still being developed.

You can see the project here: https://www.behance.net/gallery/50061915/Ace-in-Arkham

Thanks! :)

f8463350061915.58c691fd0c30c.jpg

I think it's really well done. The art is great, and the idea is also great. The only thing I see wrong is that the lips aren't the same on both sides. I know there's the whole smeared-makeup going on, but it doesn't seem like each side of the lip is the same length.

3 hours ago, ImmortalChef said:

I thinkt that it is a cool idea, but Ace is not the best name in the world and she looks a little too much like Harley Quinn to be her own character

22 hours ago, Zeus89725 said:

I think it's really well done. The art is great, and the idea is also great. The only thing I see wrong is that the lips aren't the same on both sides. I know there's the whole smeared-makeup going on, but it doesn't seem like each side of the lip is the same length.

Thanks for the feedback guys, I'll pass it on to her. :)

On 3/14/2017 at 10:47 AM, ImmortalChef said:

I thinkt that it is a cool idea, but Ace is not the best name in the world and she looks a little too much like Harley Quinn to be her own character

I agree. I definitely got a Harley Quinn vibe here. It's very well-done art, so I can't fault her there. I just think that "girl clown" is Harley, and any other character that goes down that road will be compared to her.

GoldenPanthers.png
RiverHawks.png

Archived