Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
HedleyLamarr

Unexpected Moments in TV/Film

14 posts in this topic

So I woke up in the middle of the night and couldn't fall back to sleep right away, so I went to the living room to watch a little television (we don't keep a TV in the bedroom...one of my 'wins') to try and get sleepy.  Stumbled upon this movie with Steve Buscemi, who I feel is always underrated and tends to always have the role of a guy that tends to be a bit of a backhanded jerk, so I started watching.  The movie is "Ghost World".  Steve plays this 40-or-over single guy that has an ad in some singles website/magazine, and these two high school kids think it would be funny to respond and mock this guy as they bag the date.  The girl winds up being fascinated with this guy, they start hanging out, etc.  (Or so I surmised....missed the first half of the movie.)

Anyway, Steve is feeling down because he had already broken up with a woman he was seeing for a while, and the high school girl he had befriended wasn't answering his calls.  So this is where this scene comes in:

Now I'm firmly in the camp of "There ain't nothing funnier than a fart noise", but this randomly-placed cheek-flapper had me rolling.  No real way to expect it or prepare for it, just....there it is.

Got any examples of "Well, that totally came out of left field" from any movies or television shows?  Something that doesn't really add to the storyline, something that....if it weren't in the final production....doesn't change the outcome or the ending.  So I'm not looking for "This guy died in Walking Dead when I didn't think he would", because that's part of the story.

🐐.

1 person likes this

god, I just remembered how many good ones of these Regular Show had. This was all in the same episode no less.

On 3/18/2017 at 9:39 AM, HedleyLamarr said:

So I woke up in the middle of the night and couldn't fall back to sleep right away, so I went to the living room to watch a little television (we don't keep a TV in the bedroom...one of my 'wins') to try and get sleepy.  Stumbled upon this movie with Steve Buscemi, who I feel is always underrated and tends to always have the role of a guy that tends to be a bit of a backhanded jerk, so I started watching.  The movie is "Ghost World".  Steve plays this 40-or-over single guy that has an ad in some singles website/magazine, and these two high school kids think it would be funny to respond and mock this guy as they bag the date.  The girl winds up being fascinated with this guy, they start hanging out, etc.  (Or so I surmised....missed the first half of the movie.)

Ce0ddPVWIAA4Nse.jpg

The end of Sausage Party caught me by surprise. I mean, I expected some sort of sex joke or something along those lines, but good lord, I did not expect all of that.

(I'm positive I can't post a video of it here, even if it is an animated film about cartoon foods.)

14 hours ago, Shumway said:

The end of Sausage Party caught me by surprise. I mean, I expected some sort of sex joke or something along those lines, but good lord, I did not expect all of that.

(I'm positive I can't post a video of it here, even if it is an animated film about cartoon foods.)

There was a guy behind us in the theatre who shouted: "WHAT AM I WATCHING?!?!?" when all that happened. It was hilarious.

16 hours ago, Shumway said:

I was watching with my girlfriend and we both were just like, "what the F****!?" 

That movie was so, so stupid.  Like I don't think a stupider movie can exist.  

Love this one...

kane-bird-1.jpg

Welles used it both as a segue & to wake the audience up for the final stretch.  Love it.

2 people like this

2 hours ago, 2001mark said:

Love this one...

kane-bird-1.jpg

Welles used it both as a segue & to wake the audience up for the final stretch.  Love it.

The first time I watched this was in a film class, and we stopped movie during the last class period, right before this scene. The next class period, while we tried to continue, the speakers were broke, like we couldn't turn DOWN the sound, and this part nearly blew out everyone's ear drums... 

2 hours ago, 2001mark said:

Love this one...

kane-bird-1.jpg

That actually scared the living :censored: out of me... really out of place jump-scare. 

Philip Seymour Hoffman's wardrobe malfunction in Twister.