Logos & Uniforms that remind you of something else

Bruins

• Replies 144
  • Created
  • Last Reply
23 hours ago, Chauncey917 said:

colorado-avalanche-logo.jpg

birds-beak.jpg

Ohmygoodness.  There's actually a perfect eagle's beak at the top of the A, isn't there?  I don't think I'll ever be able to unsee that.

6 hours ago, Zeus89725 said:

But what about...

255px-Flag_of_Colorado.svg.png

255px-Flag_of_California.svg.png

Probably...

1.150px-Maryland_state_flag.png

2.195px-Texas_state_flag.png

3.california-flag-small.png

4.195px-Ohio_state_flag.png

5.th_Flag-NewMexico.gif

But only one flag has the Stan Lee approved Latin motto of awesomeness on it.  B)

900px-Flag_of_New_York.svg.png

spacer.png

spacer.png

21 hours ago, Silent Wind of Doom said:

Probably...

1.150px-Maryland_state_flag.png

2.195px-Texas_state_flag.png

3.california-flag-small.png

4.195px-Ohio_state_flag.png

5.th_Flag-NewMexico.gif

As much as I love the Maryland flag I must admit I never knew what it looked like until the Ravens used it in their logo and I tried to figure out what it was. Maybe it's a West Coast / East Coast thing but being from California (and liking Willie Nelson), I knew the Texas flag as a 9 year old. 

1 hour ago, hawk36 said:

As much as I love the Maryland flag I must admit I never knew what it looked like until the Ravens used it in their logo and I tried to figure out what it was. Maybe it's a West Coast / East Coast thing but being from California (and liking Willie Nelson), I knew the Texas flag as a 9 year old. 

I thought it was the Chilean flag for much of my life.

Admittedly, I think I made the list slightly biased through the lens of sport, given its prominence in use by the Terrapins, Orioles, and Ravens as well as thinking more towards the common praise it gets more than instant recognizeability to the standard observer.  Anyone who on a regular basis sees Maryland in action immediately picks out the state flag as the most recognizeable.

Maryland_Terrapins_Basketball_Logo.png OJHCSEHLMSMUHOD.20130625175744.jpgbal-maryland-terps-iowa-hawkeyes-footbal

I guess it's also kind of the fact that it's three colors with one star look so similar to Chile, North Carolina, Puerto Rico, and a dozen other things, which Maryland is supremely unique and recognizeable.

spacer.png

spacer.png

On 3/28/2017 at 2:11 PM, JerseyJosh said:

Wasn't that the point? I always saw that too but I assumed that's what everyone saw... until now. It's like a thrashing tornado bird with a hockey stick.

A thrasher is an actual bird...IIRC, the Thrashers weren't named for whirlwind, hectic action.

Smart is believing half of what you hear. Genius is knowing which half.

Archived