International Kits 2017/18 (Brazil posted 5/5)

upperV03

Thanks for all the comments guys, I appreciate it.

Today I have my first Adidas team of this series, Spain. Their current primary kit is nearly perfect IMO, but there were some minor flaws that I wanted to clean up for this new 2018 kit. Among those was the monochromatic crest, which I got rid of in favor of the regularly colored version. In addition, I used a similar geometric pattern on the shirt, but I implemented it in the form of halftone gradient hoops. The shirt is finished off with royal blue and athletic gold accents, and the traditional black socks, as well as an alternate red pair, go along with the royal blue shorts. The secondary kit returns to the navy base that they won the 2010 World Cup in, and the Adidas stripes return to the red/yellow/red pattern which simulates the national flag. The halftone geometric gradient is again used for this kit, but this time it's placed vertically in the middle of the shirt. Red cuffs and yellow accents finish off the shirt, while it can be paired with either navy or white shorts.

Spain2017.thumb.png.12fa1765a5e8481270bdb8a37c32d88e.png

IPTMMN0.png?1

RhlTL5V.png?1

8CBx12E.png?1

• Replies 87
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I may go back and try that again on the Spain kit. I didn't like it the first time I tried it, mainly because the pattern ended so abruptly, but maybe I'd come around on it the second time.

In the meantime, I have Manchester United ready to show you all. The primary kit introduces an increase in black accents after Adidas' first two efforts were mainly red and white. This time there is a black henley collar to go along with black cuffs, and the club's white/black/white retro bar stripe runs along the chest under the crest and Adidas logo. Black stripes are featured on the white shorts, and vice versa on the clash shorts. The secondary kit is somewhat inspired by their current black and red keeper kit in that the coloring is almost entirely black and red. The front and back panels of the shirt are a very dark gray, with sublimated horizontal stripes. The rest of the shirt is black with red accents, as are the shorts and socks. For the third kits of the clubs that participated in Adidas' Creator Studio contest, I'll be showing you the designs that I would've submitted if I had had time to do so. For United the third kit features an intricate graphic pattern on the front made up of pitchforks. The graphic is meant to have somewhat of an industrial, almost chain-like look to it to pay tribute to the industrial roots of Manchester. Plus, I felt like the pattern fit in with the overall pretty bland coloring of the kit. Let me know what you think!ManUtd2017.thumb.png.aa11e21845f7f366e9d4b0a62fb120cd.png

IPTMMN0.png?1

RhlTL5V.png?1

8CBx12E.png?1

30 minutes ago, MJWalker45 said:

Grey is banned from United's kit reportoire but looks good here. Black is overdue to return as well.

The color scheme of my third kit design matches what their actual third kit is set to feature. I wanted to keep that part realistic but change up the design to show what I would've submitted to Adidas' creator studio contest if I had had the time. 

IPTMMN0.png?1

RhlTL5V.png?1

8CBx12E.png?1

15 minutes ago, BuffaloJJ said:

The Spain set is sooooo good, definitely my favorite so far. I like the idea of the black and white stripe for the MUFC home kit, but it's current placement seems out of place.

Glad you like the Spain set, it's probably one of my favorites so far too. I'm a bit surprised at what you said about the stripe on the United kit, but I can see how some may not like it on the chest. Perhaps it would look better in real life, similar to Chelsea's 2013 away shirt?

IMG_3248.thumb.JPG.798ac3b08e6f5140040b0eb36c8d4567.JPG

In any case, I may go back and see if I can come up with anything better. Thanks for looking, and for the C&C.

IPTMMN0.png?1

RhlTL5V.png?1

8CBx12E.png?1

On second thought, it might just be the sponsor that trips me up. Having the stripe vertically running through the crest was my first thought in switching the position, but after seeing the 'real-life' example the stripe is probably better where it is.

buftxsig.png

Up next in Argentina, who will (hopefully) find a way to dig themselves out of their current position and end up qualifying for the 2018 World Cup. Next year will mark 40 years since their first World Cup win, in 1978, so I thought it'd be a good opportunity for their kits to reflect those worn during their first championship triumph. The home kit closely resembles the 1978 version, from the striping pattern, to the white collar and cuffs, to the retro crest that is almost identical to the one used in '78. In addition, the Adidas stripes on the black shorts are an exact match to the 1978 version, with white filling in the space between the light blue stripes. The jocktag is the sun from the Argentina flag, with "Campeones" and "1978" inside. The away kit, while sticking to the royal blue base, and the crest that was used on the 1978 version (which was actually never worn during that year's World Cup), features some added flair to complement the retro style. The Adidas stripes are light blue/white/light blue to resemble the country's flag, and the sun from the flag is sublimated onto the lower half of the shirt. 

Argentina2017.thumb.png.a69074783267343b18427fe6c09be063.png

IPTMMN0.png?1

RhlTL5V.png?1

8CBx12E.png?1

On 3/29/2017 at 6:03 PM, upperV03 said:

I may go back and try that again on the Spain kit. I didn't like it the first time I tried it, mainly because the pattern ended so abruptly, but maybe I'd come around on it the second time.

In the meantime, I have Manchester United ready to show you all. The primary kit introduces an increase in black accents after Adidas' first two efforts were mainly red and white. This time there is a black henley collar to go along with black cuffs, and the club's white/black/white retro bar stripe runs along the chest under the crest and Adidas logo. Black stripes are featured on the white shorts, and vice versa on the clash shorts. The secondary kit is somewhat inspired by their current black and red keeper kit in that the coloring is almost entirely black and red. The front and back panels of the shirt are a very dark gray, with sublimated horizontal stripes. The rest of the shirt is black with red accents, as are the shorts and socks. For the third kits of the clubs that participated in Adidas' Creator Studio contest, I'll be showing you the designs that I would've submitted if I had had time to do so. For United the third kit features an intricate graphic pattern on the front made up of pitchforks. The graphic is meant to have somewhat of an industrial, almost chain-like look to it to pay tribute to the industrial roots of Manchester. Plus, I felt like the pattern fit in with the overall pretty bland coloring of the kit. Let me know what you think!ManUtd2017.thumb.png.aa11e21845f7f366e9d4b0a62fb120cd.png

I love your designs but do you have to use your name with the number 14 on the scum's kit's as a Liverpool our captin is Jordan Henderson same name and number. Makes my eyes bleed seeing this name number on that kit lol

5 minutes ago, sicknick459 said:

I love your designs but do you have to use your name with the number 14 on the scum's kit's as a Liverpool our captin is Jordan Henderson same name and number. Makes my eyes bleed seeing this name number on that kit lol

Haha yeah I know, that must be painful to see that name and number on the kits of rivals such as Utd and Chelsea. Unfortunately I won't be changing it though as it's a way for me to put somewhat of a signature on my work without putting a watermark all over it. Hopefully that's an understandable explanation, but thank you for commenting and for looking, and I'm glad you like my designs.

IPTMMN0.png?1

RhlTL5V.png?1

8CBx12E.png?1

After being gone for a couple of days I'm back this morning with Real Madrid. Their kits for this upcoming season will include a bright teal color, and I decided to keep that but make some alterations to its usage and the designs of the kits. The primary shirt features a sublimated geometric pattern on the front which is inspired by the artistic and architectural roots of Madrid. The rest of the shirt is white with black printing, and the Adidas stripes on the jersey and shorts, as well as the cuff stripes on the shirt, are intended to have somewhat of a metallic and iridescent finish so they look black and/or teal depending on the lighting and angle. The secondary kit is black with bright teal accents throughout, and the same geometric pattern is again sublimated onto the front of the shirt. White is used for all logos and printing. For the third kit I used the teal base of their actual upcoming third kit, and I included a sublimated diagonal line pattern on the front. The rest of the third kit includes black, dark grey, and white accents. 

RealMadrid2017.thumb.png.7cd08854d78632b198d0cd7c12870706.png

IPTMMN0.png?1

RhlTL5V.png?1

8CBx12E.png?1

Next up is Bayern Munich. I'm actually pretty satisfied with their primary and secondary kits for this upcoming season so I only made some slight adjustments there. I did redesign the third kit however while staying true to the base color scheme. The primary kit is based off of the classic 1974 shirt with the four thick pinstripes on the front and on each sleeves. Really the only change I made was to add "Mia San Mia" to the back collar and to include white clash socks. For the secondary kit I decided to keep the same general idea but I changed it up a little bit to more closely resemble the 1997-99 kit. I decided to carry the broad red chest band over to the sleeves and also implement the color blocking on the bottom of the shorts. In addition, I changed the adidas stripes to white and again included the same white clash socks as those of the primary kit. The third kit, while featuring the off-white base and dark grey accents of the actual third kit for next season, includes a stylized interpretation of the Bavarian pattern that is seen in the crest. The pattern is light blue with the opacity turned down, and that same light blue is used as outlines on the numbers.

Bayern2017.thumb.png.51371f38d4727cd72f6aa7a841bb6302.png

IPTMMN0.png?1

RhlTL5V.png?1

8CBx12E.png?1

15 hours ago, upperV03 said:

Next up is Bayern Munich. I'm actually pretty satisfied with their primary and secondary kits for this upcoming season so I only made some slight adjustments there. I did redesign the third kit however while staying true to the base color scheme. The primary kit is based off of the classic 1974 shirt with the four thick pinstripes on the front and on each sleeves. Really the only change I made was to add "Mia San Mia" to the back collar and to include white clash socks. For the secondary kit I decided to keep the same general idea but I changed it up a little bit to more closely resemble the 1997-99 kit. I decided to carry the broad red chest band over to the sleeves and also implement the color blocking on the bottom of the shorts. In addition, I changed the adidas stripes to white and again included the same white clash socks as those of the primary kit. The third kit, while featuring the off-white base and dark grey accents of the actual third kit for next season, includes a stylized interpretation of the Bavarian pattern that is seen in the crest. The pattern is light blue with the opacity turned down, and that same light blue is used as outlines on the numbers.

Bayern2017.thumb.png.51371f38d4727cd72f6aa7a841bb6302.png

The third is really nice actually. Using the crest pattern was a great idea. Did you try it with mainly red numbers/striping and logos?

Spurs2017_HomeSignature.png.d781df3b4d5c0e482d74d6a47c072475.pngDortmund2017_HomeSignature.png.277fd43b7b71e5d54e4c655f30c9a1e6.png

4 hours ago, vicfurth said:

The third is really nice actually. Using the crest pattern was a great idea. Did you try it with mainly red numbers/striping and logos?

Their upcoming third kit for next season uses the dark grey accents throughout so I wanted to be realistic and do the same. Essentially for the Adidas clubs that were a part of the Creator Studio contest I'm showing you guys what I would have submitted for the third kits if I had had the time. So that means using the set base and accent colors and then adding my own designs.

IPTMMN0.png?1

RhlTL5V.png?1

8CBx12E.png?1

After doing Bayern Munich I decided I'd do the 2014 World Cup champs, the German national team. Their last two home kits have been pretty simple and straightforward after their red-heavy 2014 kit. I wanted to introduce some more color into the shirt, but I wanted to use the actual colors from the flag since some of their most iconic home shirts have featured them prominently. I decided on a vertical stripe design with the colors of the flag aligning with the slices of color that appear in the crest. The vertical stripe design features an intersecting detail towards the hem of the shirt which is slightly inspired by traditional German patterns. The rest of the kit is simple and traditional with black accents on the shirt and socks and black shorts. The secondary kit is a return to the iconic Kelly green shirt which was last used in 2012. The shirt is fairly simple overall with a half and half design that is highlighted by a similar intersecting German pattern running down the center of the shirt. The rest of the shirt is highlighted by white accents and the cuffs and collar feature thin striping with the colors of the flag. White shorts and green socks, and the black shorts from the home kit in case of clashes, finish it off. Feel free to leave me your thoughts.

Germany2017.thumb.png.fc8c42c36a97a0ecc0218e086dd7529e.png

IPTMMN0.png?1

RhlTL5V.png?1

8CBx12E.png?1

Archived