International Kits 2017/18 (Brazil posted 5/5)

upperV03

While I finish up my 2018 MLS series, I figured I'd start up a new thread for international kit concepts for 2017/2018. I'll most likely just be doing Nike and Adidas teams (possibly some Puma and New Balance) but you can expect to see a wide array of concepts for the biggest national and club teams around the world. First up is my favorite global club, FC Barcelona. The primary kit, while not all that different from their current, features wide stripes on the front and back with a unique gradient design merging the red and blue together. The shirt has more of an emphasis on red, while the sleeves are a slightly darker blue and the trim on the sides and under the arms is dark navy blue. The secondary kit is based on the classic 1974/75 away kit, with a diagonal sash made up of the classic Blaugrana colors. In addition, the sash has the same gradient design as the home kit. Finally, in an attempt to replicate Nike's 2017/18 kit aesthetics as close as possible, I used the camo pattern that Nike will be using as their global third kit template for next season. In addition, I decided to go for a bright blue base with yellow and navy accents and slightly darker blue sleeves. Let me know what you think!

Barcelona2017.png

IPTMMN0.png?1

RhlTL5V.png?1

8CBx12E.png?1

• Replies 87
  • Created
  • Last Reply
2 minutes ago, AndesMts27 said:

Really really nice concept. Very clean. One small idea would be to include a Catlan flag inspired collar like they've done in the past. Completely up to you if you want to go that route. 

Thanks man, I appreciate it. I thought about the Catalan flag inspired collar but I decided against it because it doesn't seem realistic with Nike's Vapor Aeroswift template. I did include the Catalan flag detail on the back neck, however.

IPTMMN0.png?1

RhlTL5V.png?1

8CBx12E.png?1

Next up is Manchester City. Their home and away kits for this upcoming season are set to use maroon as an accent color, and I liked how that sounded so I decided to keep it. The primary kit has a sublimated diagonal stripe pattern taken directly from the crest, and maroon and navy are used as accent colors. The secondary kit has a maroon base with light blue accents, and a sublimated double pinstripe pattern adorns the front and back of the shirt. The third kit utilizes Nike's global third kit design, but the colors are dark grey with bright green accents. In addition, I chose to come up with my own Premier League font for next season, and I used Real Madrid's 2009 font as a base and adjusted it to fit the look that I wanted. Any C&C is greatly appreciated.

ManCity2017.png

IPTMMN0.png?1

RhlTL5V.png?1

8CBx12E.png?1

11 minutes ago, GeauxColonels said:

Nice work. I see that you're pulling a Nike and giving City and Barca the same template for the 3rd kits. What's the pattern sublimated on the numerals on the back of the City jerseys?

That's actually the pattern Nike is using for next year's third kits, so he probably just wanted it to be realistic

soflo copy.png

9 minutes ago, GeauxColonels said:

Nice work. I see that you're pulling a Nike and giving City and Barca the same template for the 3rd kits. What's the pattern sublimated on the numerals on the back of the City jerseys?

Yeah, just for the sake of realism I'm using Nike's 2017/18 third kit design, but changing up the color schemes. And the pattern inside the numerals on the Man City jerseys is the pattern that was unveiled with the Premier League's rebrand last year:

IMG_3167.JPG

I have a hunch they'll try to incorporate that pattern into the new name and number set, so I thought I'd give it a try.

IPTMMN0.png?1

RhlTL5V.png?1

8CBx12E.png?1

Thanks for the comments guys. Now that the new Premier League font has been unveiled, I'll update my Man City concept once I can get my hands on a vector or ttf file of the new typeface.

But for now I'm moving on to my first national team of this series, France. Next year is not only a World Cup year, but it'll also mark 20 years since France's 1998 Cup win, their first and only up to this point. With that in mind, I thought I'd pay tribute to the kits worn in 1998, and also those worn in 1984, when they won their first European championship. Since the original versions of the classic kits were made by Adidas, I made some slight adjustments to modernize it and make it fit into Nike's aesthetics. The home shirt is a rich blue with dark navy accents, and the bold red and white stripes adorn the torso. Thin sublimated horizontal pinstripes cover the entirety of the front and back of the shirt. The cockerel is gold, just like the 1984 and 1998 versions. The away kit, while using the same striping pattern as the home shirt, features it in a more subdued manner as it is now completely sublimated. The shirt features mismatched trim on the sides and neck to match up with the colors of the French flag. The cockerel is again colored gold.

France2017.png

IPTMMN0.png?1

RhlTL5V.png?1

8CBx12E.png?1

Just something I'd like to point out for France: The white pinstripes on the chest might look a bit too much like adidas' 3 stripe mark. I would also like to point out that the earlier rumoured dark grey Man City 3rd kit is actually a dark turquoise-esque bottle green (RGB 9 33 35,approximately). So if you were basing your designs on those rumours,you might like to do an update.

4 hours ago, hendocfc said:

Just something I'd like to point out for France: The white pinstripes on the chest might look a bit too much like adidas' 3 stripe mark. I would also like to point out that the earlier rumoured dark grey Man City 3rd kit is actually a dark turquoise-esque bottle green (RGB 9 33 35,approximately). So if you were basing your designs on those rumours,you might like to do an update.

I really don't think the pinstripes resemble the Adidas stripes all that much, especially with the thicker stripe placed above it. Yes, there are three stripes, but the width and spacing is completely different than the Adidas mark. I did take that it into cosideration while designing it, but I really think it's a non-issue. And regarding the Man City third kit, I actually wasn't basing the color off of the rumors. For the Nike third kits I'll be using the 2017/18 global third kit template, but I'll be changing up the color schemes to what I'd like to see.

IPTMMN0.png?1

RhlTL5V.png?1

8CBx12E.png?1

I'm back today with Chelsea, who will be wearing Nike kits for the first time come next season. I wanted to stay fairly simple and traditional with the primary kit, so I left it completely blue and white. In addition, I used a sublimated hoop pattern on the front and back of the shirt. The back neck tag features the red sword from the flag of London. For the secondary kit I chose to go back to a golden yellow base, with navy and royal blue accents. The shirt features a broad navy chest stripe with thin royal blue stripes inside of it. For the third kit I went with a dark navy, almost black, base and paired it with bright teal accents. Also, I chose to eliminate the "tyres" from the Yokohama sponsor logo because it seemed unnecessary and it looks better without it IMO. Lastly, I used the Premier League champion sleeve badges since, barring a major collapse, Chelsea will be the champions. If/when they announce a shirt sleeve sponsor, I'll update the concept to reflect that.

Chelsea2017.png

Also, I have one final update to my Man City concept. I darkened the burgundy/maroon color and made it more reddish. I also changed up the third kit and switched the bright green accents to a bright, almost fluorescent yellow and took advantage of the Premier League's new yellow printing. I also wanted to make sure the color schemes of the Man City and Chelsea third kits weren't too similar, so the yellow seemed to be a good solution. 

ManCity2017.png

IPTMMN0.png?1

RhlTL5V.png?1

8CBx12E.png?1

Love how the Chels colour schemes essentially match the schemes of our last title-winning season,2014/15 :D

Tip: in the new Nike template,as you can see in this leaked Barcelona mockup,the trim around the neck will be a little bit different.

barcelona-17-18-home-kit-2.jpg

2 minutes ago, hendocfc said:

Love how the Chels colour schemes essentially match the schemes of our last title-winning season,2014/15 :D

Tip: in the new Nike template,as you can see in this leaked Barcelona mockup,the trim around the neck will be a little bit different.

barcelona-17-18-home-kit-2.jpg

Glad you like the Chelsea kits since I know they're your club! I did partially use the 14/15 kits as inspiration as I really loved that kit lineup. Plus, I haven't been a huge fan of their last two secondary and third kits, respectively, so I thought a return to a yellow secondary and more of a blue/teal accented third kit would be a good move. 

And regarding the neck trim on Nike's 2017/18 template, I just noticed that earlier today with the Barça mockup. It appears as though the trim is pretty similar except the colored part is at the top, so it should be a quick fix. I'll get on that and post the updates shortly. Do you know if the striping on the shorts is any different this year? I've been kind of waiting to see if it's staying the same or if it changes to match the new striping on the sides of the shirts.

IPTMMN0.png?1

RhlTL5V.png?1

8CBx12E.png?1

Archived