International Kits 2017/18 (Brazil posted 5/5)

upperV03

I was able to finish up the updates to my Barça and France concepts, so here they are. The collar on the Barça home kit is now yellow, and a split red/blue collar is now on the away. For France, the collars are dark navy on the home and red/navy on the away. Other than that the only changes are to the short stripes to match Nike's 2017/18 design. I'll likely get the updates to my Chelsea and Man City concepts done tonight, and I'll post 'em in the morning.

Barcelona2017.png

France2017.png

IPTMMN0.png?1

RhlTL5V.png?1

8CBx12E.png?1

• Replies 87
  • Created
  • Last Reply
35 minutes ago, Captain Tsubasa said:

The maroon/sky blue kit looks confusingly too much like Villa or Westham.

I had a feeling someone would say that. I don't necessarily disagree, but I think it's mostly fine for a clash kit that would be worn fairly sparingly. Plus, neither of those clubs use shorts that are the same color as the shirts, and the burgundy/maroon color has quite a bit of historical ties to the club.

IPTMMN0.png?1

RhlTL5V.png?1

8CBx12E.png?1

1 hour ago, Captain Tsubasa said:

The maroon/sky blue kit looks confusingly too much like Villa or Westham.

Also burnley. Had no idea maroon/sky blue was so popular in England 

Spurs2017_HomeSignature.png.d781df3b4d5c0e482d74d6a47c072475.pngDortmund2017_HomeSignature.png.277fd43b7b71e5d54e4c655f30c9a1e6.png

Here's the updates to the Man City and Chelsea kits. Nothing drastic, just the adjustments to the side stripes and neck trim. Next up is England, and then most likely PSG before I get into some Adidas teams.

ManCity2017.pngChelsea2017.png

IPTMMN0.png?1

RhlTL5V.png?1

8CBx12E.png?1

Today I bring to you the second of my national team concepts, England. Their current kits are an absolute mess, so a return to a more traditional look is exactly what they need. With that being said, there are still some unique elements that I chose to implement that prevent the kits from being overly simplistic. The primary shirt features St. George's cross in two shades of red on the left chest, and light gray and dark royal blue accents finish it out. The secondary shirt features the same striping pattern as the cross on the home shirt, except the stripes are implemented as thick hoops on the front and back. The shirt is complimented by white accents throughout.

England2017.png

IPTMMN0.png?1

RhlTL5V.png?1

8CBx12E.png?1

So for now I'll be keeping the England secondary as is, but I'm open to hearing more C&C on it.

In the meantime I have PSG for you all today. I decided to take somewhat of a fashion forward approach for the Parisian club, and that's especially evident in the secondary and third kits. The primary kit features the traditional red center stripe in a wider fashion than usual, and it's bordered by slightly opaque stripes which are meant to suggest the traditizonal white borders. In addition, the shirt has thin horizontal stripes over the entirety of the front and back. White accents adorn the rest of the kit. The secondary kit plays off of the Marinière theme that Nike has used for the French national team in recent years. The shirt is white with the tonal stripes and light gray sleeves. The same thin horizontal stripes that are on the primary kit are also on the secondary, and the kit is finished off with red and navy accents. Lastly, the third kit is once again a bespoke design after they've  managed to refrain from using Nike's global template in the last two kit cycles. This time it's more of a grayish black base, with true black accents in the form of the side stripes. Metallic gold accents are used throughout, giving the kit a very classy and fashion-inspired look overall.

PSG2017.png

IPTMMN0.png?1

RhlTL5V.png?1

8CBx12E.png?1

Nice clean work per usual! I dig the PSG set quite a bit -- I wonder if the away is TOO close to France, but that's not my place to decide/worry about not knowing enough about French soccer. (Also for the record I think the hoops idea on the England away is pretty nice.) You're proving that the current Nike template can be used and still churn out highly bespoke kits for different clubs.

Showcasing fan-made sports apparel by artists and designers

On 3/24/2017 at 11:28 AM, vicfurth said:

Also burnley. Had no idea maroon/sky blue was so popular in England 

*claret. ;)

You’ve got Villa to thank for that, though. Many clubs — Burnley, Crystal Palace and S:censored:horpe among them — chose the colors to emulate Villa, while the story holds that West Ham United started wearing claret and blue after winning a wager with four Villa players, who couldn’t pay up and had to hand over Villa uniforms to pay their debts.

On the concepts, I really like these. I would, though, note that the PSG kit also traditionally has a white border on the red stripe — and I’d love to see that back here.

6fQjS3M.png

11 minutes ago, crashcarson15 said:

On the concepts, I really like these. I would, though, note that the PSG kit also traditionally has a white border on the red stripe — and I’d love to see that back here.

Thanks for the comment, I'm glad you like them. I decided against the white border on the red stripe mainly because I wanted the accents on the kit to be mainly white, and I felt the borders made it a bit too much. That's also why I added the slightly opaque stripes on either side of the red center stripe, just to have a suggestion of that traditional element still. Plus, their last two primary kits have had the white borders, albeit in a rather thin variety, so I felt they could benefit from a somewhat new take on it.

IPTMMN0.png?1

RhlTL5V.png?1

8CBx12E.png?1

25 minutes ago, XenonDesigns said:

I love how all your concepts tend to stick with the templates of the provider making them all pretty realistic.

Thanks man, that's a big thing I strive for in my work. For me it's more fun, and more applicable for the career path I want to take, to create the most realistic and practical concepts I can given the materials and skills I have at my disposal. I'm glad you like and appreciate it.

IPTMMN0.png?1

RhlTL5V.png?1

8CBx12E.png?1

I am a fan of all your international kit redesigns. The PSG and Man City are pretty crisp. As for Man City's away looking like Villa's - I am sorry but not even close. Way too many teams copied Villa throughout the years but Man City always had a claret kit always lingering in the past. Nice touch on the sword from the London city flag on the Chelsea kits and overall look (hard to say from my Gooner lips). The England secondary kit is quite nice with the sublimated hoops. I have to say alot better than the current blue secondaries.

Keep up the great work, you are doing some amazing stuff here. Good to see another Timbers supporter on here, thought I was the only one.

NpTodZP.png

Archived