upperV03

International Kits 2017/18 (Manchester United posted 3/29)

46 posts in this topic

Thanks for all the comments guys, I appreciate it.

Today I have my first Adidas team of this series, Spain. Their current primary kit is nearly perfect IMO, but there were some minor flaws that I wanted to clean up for this new 2018 kit. Among those was the monochromatic crest, which I got rid of in favor of the regularly colored version. In addition, I used a similar geometric pattern on the shirt, but I implemented it in the form of halftone gradient hoops. The shirt is finished off with royal blue and athletic gold accents, and the traditional black socks, as well as an alternate red pair, go along with the royal blue shorts. The secondary kit returns to the navy base that they won the 2010 World Cup in, and the Adidas stripes return to the red/yellow/red pattern which simulates the national flag. The halftone geometric gradient is again used for this kit, but this time it's placed vertically in the middle of the shirt. Red cuffs and yellow accents finish off the shirt, while it can be paired with either navy or white shorts.

Spain2017.thumb.png.12fa1765a5e8481270bdb8a37c32d88e.png

Big fan of the pattern; I never achieve such precision with their kind! So I should normally hate you,but I'm not in such mood lol

1 person likes this

id say drop the dark parts of the front gradient that arent right behind the number. i think itd look better in real life, bt they look awesome!

I may go back and try that again on the Spain kit. I didn't like it the first time I tried it, mainly because the pattern ended so abruptly, but maybe I'd come around on it the second time.

In the meantime, I have Manchester United ready to show you all. The primary kit introduces an increase in black accents after Adidas' first two efforts were mainly red and white. This time there is a black henley collar to go along with black cuffs, and the club's white/black/white retro bar stripe runs along the chest under the crest and Adidas logo. Black stripes are featured on the white shorts, and vice versa on the clash shorts. The secondary kit is somewhat inspired by their current black and red keeper kit in that the coloring is almost entirely black and red. The front and back panels of the shirt are a very dark gray, with sublimated horizontal stripes. The rest of the shirt is black with red accents, as are the shorts and socks. For the third kits of the clubs that participated in Adidas' Creator Studio contest, I'll be showing you the designs that I would've submitted if I had had time to do so. For United the third kit features an intricate graphic pattern on the front made up of pitchforks. The graphic is meant to have somewhat of an industrial, almost chain-like look to it to pay tribute to the industrial roots of Manchester. Plus, I felt like the pattern fit in with the overall pretty bland coloring of the kit. Let me know what you think!ManUtd2017.thumb.png.aa11e21845f7f366e9d4b0a62fb120cd.png

Grey is banned from United's kit reportoire but looks good here. Black is overdue to return as well.

30 minutes ago, MJWalker45 said:

Grey is banned from United's kit reportoire but looks good here. Black is overdue to return as well.

The color scheme of my third kit design matches what their actual third kit is set to feature. I wanted to keep that part realistic but change up the design to show what I would've submitted to Adidas' creator studio contest if I had had the time.