College Basketball Concepts by Nike

BengalPumaOcelot

I know it is a little late to be starting up a college basketball concept, but I finally made a basketball template that I like.  The template is based off of the Nike Aeroswift template which is currently used by many Nike teams, and I added a U-Neck version of it similar to what Michigan and Duke use.  I will be making a set of 4 jerseys for each team that I do.  I have already done a few teams, so I will start with Auburn.

Auburn.png

Jerseys

-Text is similar to the Charles Barkley era and what they currently wear, leaving the copperplate gothic era behind.

-Trim is similar to what they used to wear, but I wanted to change it up a little bit.

-For the orange jersey, I'm not sure whether it would look better with blue and white switched or not.

Pants

-Stripe is similar to the one on their football helmet, with the logo on it towards the bottom.

I think your template came out really nicely. I think it's a horrendous cut in the first place by Nike, but you captured it quite well.

Design wise, I think you did a great job for Auburn. The tops look very similar to the mid-1980s and that will always be a good thing. The one thing I don't like too much is the shorts. I don't really like the cross-over of football and basketball (we've tried it a lot it seems), and also think the 2 stripes from the past looks pretty good. My biggest issue with the current design is the AU logo disrupting the shorts stripes. If they were like last year's set, think it would be a perfect design.

"I believe in Auburn and love it!"

ojNNazQ.jpg

This set turned out beautifully -- leaving the Copperplate Gothic era makes a huge difference, as the new template lends itself well to the clean, classic font of the wordmark and numbering. This is certainly an upgrade over anything Auburn has had with Under Armour. 

Great work, can't wait to see who is next!

29 minutes ago, Hoopladawg87 said:

This is certainly an upgrade over anything Auburn has had with Under Armour. 

You apparently haven't seen Auburn lately

2016-1-7 vs Georgia - Todd Van Emst, OA News (3).jpg

"I believe in Auburn and love it!"

ojNNazQ.jpg

24 minutes ago, Clintau24 said:

You apparently haven't seen Auburn lately

2016-1-7 vs Georgia - Todd Van Emst, OA News (3).jpg

I've never been a fan of that generic, one team color on the left-other team color on the right-separated by white striping....there's nothing unique or interesting about it, and I certainly don't associate it with Auburn. Also, I dislike the cut of Under Armour's template, especially the necklines -- not only is the cut itself bad, but a lot of the designs end up being terrible, too. The uniforms you posted as well as any of the ones I saw this season aren't terrible, but I would much rather see Auburn in the concept here before any of those.

Glad to hear that Auburn was overall received well, and an update will be coming out soon, but for now, here is Arizona.

Arizona.png

Jersey

-I like Arizona's gradient, but not the way it is currently used so it was removed from the jersey.

-Rest of the jersey remained mainly the same, I wasn't sure about doing a copper jersey, but if that is wanted it can happen.

Pants

-Once again, I don't like the way the gradients are currently used, so the ones wrapping around the leg were removed.

-Gradients were added to the wildcat logo on the shorts.

When done well I definitely like the inclusion of copper in Arizona's identity, but I've been working with it recently and can't seem to find the right balance. This concept works just fine without it, though it feels a little bare even for my minimalist tastes. I don't have any suggestions off the top of my head, but I think at least some piping, striping, etc. to add a bit of contrast might go a long way toward making these pop more. The wordmark and numbers definitely have the classic Arizona Wildcats-feel to them, which I really like -- it reminds me of their teams from the late '90s and early 2000s.

20 hours ago, Griffinmarlins said:

That new Auburn look seems like something Virginia would wear. I like the first one a lot better. 

Ok, I might make an update to be a little more like the first one

1 hour ago, soflo_sports said:

Are you going to be making this template public?

Maybe, I'm not sure though

Arizona update and a new team coming soon, but for now here is Virginia Tech

VirginiaTech.png

Jersey

-I'm not a huge fan of their new brand, so I tried combine a little of that and what they wore a couple years ago

Pants

-Stripe inspired by their current one, but switched up a little

-Hokie footprints above stripe

Archived