NHL 90s Series (Atlanta Thrashers added 35/35 COMPLETED)

72freebie

Next up is the Tampa Bay Lightning. Yet another team that stayed fairly mild even though they could have gone crazy in the 90s. They did come out with a wild paintbrush font and one of the wildest third jerseys of the 90s though. My design goes full lightning with large curved bolts for striping. The paintbrush font and the raindrop design from their third jersey also return.

Lightning-90s.png

qG3b3mu.pngK0Kq4L6.pnglSDF7kP.png

• Replies 175
  • Created
  • Last Reply
On 2017-04-21 at 2:09 PM, 72freebie said:

Next up is the Winnipeg Jets. I really love the simple uniforms that the Jets had in the 90s but I think that they could have pulled off something a little wilder too. I used the script from their logo and angled it to look more like their original WHA logo. I then used angled striping that increasingly gets bigger. The back numbers are also angled to match the striping. 

Jets-90s.png

This is a set that could have actually been worn and worked :D Everything else here is incredibly creative, but it's clear you're going for hyper 90s aesthetics so they all seem more conceptual than practical. 

This one is both. It's gorgeous.

OH MY GOD.... these jerseys in here.. wow!!! Some outrageous ones.. some really fantastic ones!! AND I do love the Winnipeg Jets jersey look!!! oh mannn... great job man!

Ice Hockey International Winnipeg Braves (Bobby Hull Division 18-3-0 1st place as of March 14, 2011)

2010-11 O'Brien Trophy for Bobby Hull Division championship & Jack Riley Cup for top team in league regular season

Next up is yet another team that didn't actually exist in the 90s, the Columbus Blue Jackets. The logo choice was easy here as the Blue Jackets Stinger logo is one of the most 90s things that I have ever seen. The jerseys use wavy striping that follows the logo and use a total of 6 different colors. I also experimented with the striping in the numbers too and although it my be a little hard to read, I think that it could work.

Blue-Jackets-90s.png

Next up is the Mighty Ducks of Anaheim. This identity is so 90s that it isn't even funny. From the cartoon duck mask to the eggplant and teal color scheme, it is just great. I really enjoy this identity but I have always had a problem with the color of the logo. I changed that so the colors used on the jersey are actually on the logo. The deign for the jerseys follows the triangle shape in the logo and I think that this would have worked well. I am very happy with how this one turned out.

Ducks-90s.png

9 minutes ago, 72freebie said:

Next up is the Mighty Ducks of Anaheim. This identity is so 90s that it isn't even funny. From the cartoon duck mask to the eggplant and teal color scheme, it is just great. I really enjoy this identity but I have always had a problem with the color of the logo. I changed that so the colors used on the jersey are actually on the logo. The deign for the jerseys follows the triangle shape in the logo and I think that this would have worked well. I am very happy with how this one turned out.

Ducks-90s.png

My eyes are screaming, but that looks incredible!

Definitely one of my all-time favourite concept series on this board.

Nyzv9xS.png

Twitter: @ldconcepts / Instagram: @ld.concepts / Website

Archived