NHL 90s Series (Atlanta Thrashers added 35/35 COMPLETED)

72freebie

• Replies 175
  • Created
  • Last Reply
  • 3 weeks later...

Hey I am back with a new concept. Next is the Buffalo Sabres. I went with a unique striping on the arms and a huge logo on the front. I also went with a grey jersey as it would be much more unique then another black jersey in the league. Also because I think think it worked well with the other colors in the striping.

Sabres-90s.thumb.png.28e560ee29d9d37171e38c78c166cdff.png

qG3b3mu.pngK0Kq4L6.pnglSDF7kP.png

Next up is the last current nhl team for this series. The Vegas Golden Knights. I decided to not use their current logo as it really doesn't suit the 90s. Instead I used a logo that I created last year for a Vegas concept and refurbished it a bit. The design uses a circle pattern similar to the logo. The dark jersey uses two shades of gold fro the logo also. The last three concepts in this series will be teams that played in the 90s but are now defunct.

Vegas-90s.thumb.png.e77ae8db235ef6d321b1ede455199f54.png

I've looked through this thread and thoroughly enjoyed the insane 90's takes of those teams. I was thinking more green would appear on the Devils concept along with red and black.

There's something that seems very...conservative about Vegas' concept. I kinda expected good, black and neon colors, or gold, black, red white and blue like on the Welcome to Las Vegas sign. Still, looking forward to the last three teams.

• 2 weeks later...

So I am back and I now realize that I have 4 defunct teams to do. The first of those is the Hartford Whalers. I went with a wave design and the mascot "Pucky the whale" jumping out of the water. I could see something like this happening if the Whalers would have joined the inaugural 3rd jersey system in 1996.

Whalers-90s.thumb.png.f244e38dba279506443ca4c57b4498cc.png

Archived