NHL 90s Series (Atlanta Thrashers added 35/35 COMPLETED)

72freebie

• Replies 175
  • Created
  • Last Reply
On 4/19/2017 at 1:05 PM, 72freebie said:

Next is the Minnesota Wild. The Wild weren't technically around in the 90s but lets just pretend that they were. The design choice was pretty obvious here, I knew I had to use the treeline on the hem just because of how unique and cool it looks. The arms also use the shooting star from the logo as part of the striping. I am very happy with how this one turned out. 

Wild-90s.png

Replace the Wild crest/patches with that of the Stars and replace the tree hems with a straighter green stripe and a thin red stripe below a yellow stripe and you've got what the Mooterus unifoms should've been.

Pyc5qRH.gifRDXvxFE.gif

usu-scarf_8549002219_o.png.b2c64cedbb44307eaace2cf7f96dd6b1.png

AKA @LanRovr0 on Twitter

LED Sig Credits to packerfan21396

Next is the Islanders. This team in my opinion had the craziest identity of the 90s. The fisherman jerseys were something that could have only happened in that decade and I think that they are some of the coolest jerseys to ever be in the NHL. I wanted to try something new with their logos from this era so I went with the lighthouse logo instead. I also made the dark jersey teal instead of navy so that they stand out even more This could be the craziest concept I have done yet. enjoy

islanders-90s.png

qG3b3mu.pngK0Kq4L6.pnglSDF7kP.png

6 hours ago, 72freebie said:

Next is the Islanders. This team in my opinion had the craziest identity of the 90s. The fisherman jerseys were something that could have only happened in that decade and I think that they are some of the coolest jerseys to ever be in the NHL. I wanted to try something new with their logos from this era so I went with the lighthouse logo instead. I also made the dark jersey teal instead of navy so that they stand out even more This could be the craziest concept I have done yet. enjoy

islanders-90s.png

My money. Take it. All of it. Now.

Next up is the St.Louis Blues. The Blues had some pretty wild jerseys for a couple of years in the 90s but they had an unused third jersey that in y opinion would have been the ugliest jersey in NHL history. I was inspired by this design for my concept but instead of the full music theme, I thought I would create a new logo for the blues using that crazy cat in the bottom corner that was the rejected mascot. I created a custom logo using this picture as the foundation. The notes in the striping were also kept as well as adding gradients to the mix. 

StLouisBluesAlt96.jpg

Blues-90s.thumb.png.92b0a7ee13429ae8b57eb858081004fa.png

This is probably your worst one of the series... And by worst one, I mean... Worst one...

It's still fantastic though! The side panel feels really out of place. Losing that would make it much better! 

"And those who know Your Name put their trust in You, for You, O Lord, have not forsaken those who seek You." Psalms 9:10

Next is the Phoenix Coyotes. I have always been a big fan of the kachina jerseys and also the desert alternate jersey from the 90s. I decided to combine the two together for my concept. I have also simplified the logo a bit and gotten rid of the purple color. The home jersey is light sand and the away jersey is brown. This would be very unique to the league and these colors represent hockey in the desert very well.

coyotes-90s.png

Make the road jersey the same green as that original third jersey was, and it's perfect. Or black, everything in the 90s was black. The sand mutes it a bit too much.

Otherwise, it's perfect. Simply perfect.

I'll respect any opinion that you can defend.

Archived