NHL 90s Series (Atlanta Thrashers added 35/35 COMPLETED)

72freebie

• Replies 175
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Next up are the untouchables, the Montreal Canadiens. I didn't change the red jersey too much because there is no way they would ever change it a lot. I added some cuffs and more blue at the bottom. The main change of this set is the white jersey. I applied the chest stripe to it using the current striping on the waist of the white jersey. This makes more a much busier of a design than the Canadiens have ever had.

Canadiens-90s.png

qG3b3mu.pngK0Kq4L6.pnglSDF7kP.png

Next up is the Dallas Stars. Went with a fun star pattern on the hem and used a lot more gold than they have ever used. The stars had some wild jerseys in the 90s but I think that this could have been the next step for them.

Stars-90s.thumb.png.68ba711a8c9796f7910c52c0b59684e0.png

Also here is the penguins with some fixed striping, thanks to Basil-Shor for pointing it out.

penguins-90s.thumb.png.f93a6cfe9f3a9ada09aa4c7b68c9ca78.png

I feel like you should switch the gold and black for the Stars. I think it would look better, and would be more 90's cause BFBS...

I do like everything else about it though... 

"And those who know Your Name put their trust in You, for You, O Lord, have not forsaken those who seek You." Psalms 9:10

Next up are the 90s Maple Leafs. I didn't hold back with this original team and went fairly wild. I always thought that the leafs would try to add silver t their scheme in the 90s but it never happened except for the shoulder logo. This concept adds sliver and some large maple leaf outlines to the mix. let me know what you think.

Leafs-90s.png

Next up are the Flyers. I had to go with the logo from their old alternates as it definitely looks like something from the 90s. I know that it wasn't used until 2002 but if they were to change their identity in the 90s then it likely would have been something similar to this. The jerseys use diagonal arm striping and silver to white gradients on the arms and numbers.

Flyers-90s.png

Next up is the San Jose Sharks. The sharks could have easily done something wild in the 90s with their identity but they actually kept their jersey really mild until the very late 90s. My concept I think fixes this by using a shark teeth pattern and a MASSIVE shark on the front of the jersey. maybe this works, maybe it doesn't. Let me know with some comments.

Sharks-90s.png

1 hour ago, 72freebie said:

Next up is the San Jose Sharks. The sharks could have easily done something wild in the 90s with their identity but they actually kept their jersey really mild until the very late 90s. My concept I think fixes this by using a shark teeth pattern and a MASSIVE shark on the front of the jersey. maybe this works, maybe it doesn't. Let me know with some comments.

Sharks-90s.png

Yes, it does work!

I once had an idea rebranding the Sharks to something resembling the Raptors using a tooth pattern like you used, but I scrapped it. 

This is really looks nice!

Nyzv9xS.png

Twitter: @ldconcepts / Instagram: @ld.concepts / Website

Next up is another untouchable, the Detroit Red WIngs. The WIngs have probably the most basic hockey jerseys to ever exist and they have kept this for pretty much their entire existence. While I do like their jerseys, I think that they could sway a little bit from their tradition. For my concept, I went for about the most non traditional design that you could think of for the Red WIngs. I knew that I had to incorporate wings somewhere so I went Oregon Ducks Football style and put them on the shoulders. Also new for the wings is curved striping that is basically the opposite of the striping they have now. This may be a crazy concept, especially for the Wings, but that's what I was going for.

Red-WIngs-90s.png

Archived