Discrim

Owls fly mainly at night...and the lunar cycle is often marked on calendars.  So a while ago, I was looking at a calendar, and thought it'd be a good idea to somehow incorporate it into a uniform.  So here we are.

Home/Away set

oremowlzmain17.png

Alternates

oremowlzalts17.png

I figured I'd keep things semi-normal aside from the lunar cuffs (a theme I would have gone with for Asheville if I hadn't been revisiting the Hawaiian shirt angle), if only so you aren't as speechless as you were in my last baseball post.

2016cubscreamsig.png

A strong mind gets high off success, a weak mind gets high off bull🤬

Gorgeous. They've always had a sort of quirky look with those hats, and this looks nice while maintaining that.

One thing I'd change would be the white outline on the bottom of the lettering. It looks like something you forgot to erase , probably because of the lack of other white (other than the moons).

Also, what would it look like with the moons and the enclosing band to be made slightly larger?

1 hour ago, Big Yellow Flag said:

One thing I'd change would be the white outline on the bottom of the lettering. It looks like something you forgot to erase , probably because of the lack of other white (other than the moons).

Well, it's mainly there because a similar outline is on the white jersey's script.

1 hour ago, Big Yellow Flag said:

Also, what would it look like with the moons and the enclosing band to be made slightly larger?

Well, back in the 80s, the Angels wore Northwestern stripes on their BP jerseys, so if I'd made em noticeably larger, I would've gone that route.

2016cubscreamsig.png

A strong mind gets high off success, a weak mind gets high off bull🤬

1 hour ago, Discrimihater said:

Well, it's mainly there because a similar outline is on the white jersey's script.

I saw it on the home jersey, but white on white doesn't stick out much, and there's plenty of other white around it. On the roads and on the red, it sticks out like a sore talon. I'd remove it from all three.

1 hour ago, Discrimihater said:

Well, back in the 80s, the Angels wore Northwestern stripes on their BP jerseys, so if I'd made em noticeably larger, I would've gone that route.

I think that'd be a good look, and would allow the moons to be more prominent and visible, maybe not from the cheap seats, but from more than a few rows back.

Archived