Utah Jazz Logo (take 2)

Whitney

2 minutes ago, dmhtfld said:

Try minimizing the amount of colors used in the logo. There are currently 6 different colors, most logos only contain around 3. Also the outer glow around "Jazz" just isnt working. 

It was too dark without the glow on Jazz. Thank you for the suggestions, I'll see what I can do.

Welcome to the boards...I loved the mountain jerseys.  I like the classic J-note.  I think they could be integrated together.  Honestly, though...something like this needs to be given more thought than just slapping the current logo over the old one.  (Don't worry about it too much...the first concept I ever posted was a piece of crap on its own merits, nevermind what I can do now, I was just too green to realize it at the time)  First on my list, were I doing this, would be to grab a pencil and start sketching.  Step 2 would be to decide whether I was using navy or purple.  One or the other, not both. 

2016cubscreamsig.png

A strong mind gets high off success, a weak mind gets high off bull🤬

The inner part of the logo just feels a little busy, I think it's the slight basketball within the mountains along with another basketball in the J-note. Maybe get rid of the lines on the mountains and it might work a bit better. 

Also as a side note, the colors seem a bit unbalanced. But I'm not a big basketball fan so I dont know what colors they are 

also welcome to the boards 

IMG_1942.PNG

image.png

Much better, I'm not very fond of the font for "UTAH" "BASKETBALL". I can't believe I'm actually saying this, but a block/sport font bight actually work better 

IMG_1942.PNG

image.png

3 minutes ago, CodeG said:

The inner part of the logo just feels a little busy, I think it's the slight basketball within the mountains along with another basketball in the J-note. Maybe get rid of the lines on the mountains and it might work a bit better. 

Also as a side note, the colors seem a bit unbalanced. But I'm not a big basketball fan so I dont know what colors they are 

also welcome to the boards 

Thanks for the welcome. :)

4 minutes ago, CodeG said:

Much better, I'm not very fond of the font for "UTAH" "BASKETBALL". I can't believe I'm actually saying this, but a block/sport font bight actually work better 

Thank you. I wasn't sure on the font either. Can't find one that I super love.

It's improving. The glow is still doing you no favors. Remember that sports logos have to reproduce in multiple media. For instance, the problem with the old Tampa Bay Devil Rays logo was that you can't really convey a gradient in embroidery; it ends up stripes.

Also, part of the mountain is sticking below the "flag" of the J-note, which is jarring and awkward. It looks like you're using some pretty basic software, just judging from some of the pixelated artifacts in the image, as well as your narrative for its development. If you want to get more serious about graphic design without going full-on professional, I recommend downloading Inkscape, because it's free and has a built-in tutorial. In the meantime, you might need to create a "mask" to cover the parts of the mountain sticking out.

rATMcmK.png

Archived