Utah Jazz Logo (take 2)

Whitney

9 minutes ago, Whittier S said:

It's improving. The glow is still doing you no favors. Remember that sports logos have to reproduce in multiple media. For instance, the problem with the old Tampa Bay Devil Rays logo was that you can't really convey a gradient in embroidery; it ends up stripes.

Also, part of the mountain is sticking below the "flag" of the J-note, which is jarring and awkward. It looks like you're using some pretty basic software, just judging from some of the pixelated artifacts in the image, as well as your narrative for its development. If you want to get more serious about graphic design without going full-on professional, I recommend downloading Inkscape, because it's free and has a built-in tutorial. In the meantime, you might need to create a "mask" to cover the parts of the mountain sticking out.

Thank you for the suggestions. Mostly doing this for fun, but I'll look up Inkscape in the future.

Although the font is nice, i don't really think it fits for a professional basketball team, and it looks more like a stamp than anything, simplify the mountains and blend the whole logo together with matching colors, good start so far though:) 

3YCQJRO.png

Follow the NFA, and My Baseball League here: https://ahsports.boardhost.com/index.php

It's getting there. Because the mountains you're using (I'm assuming it's clipart or some such; please correct me if I'm wrong) are rather detailed, it gives the logo a throwback vibe, which I think suits the use of the J-note. There are some smaller issues yet, primarily related to alignment. I'd nudge "UTAH' over so that it is centered between the two peaks. I'd nudge "JAZZ" over so it's equidistant to the sides of the roundel. I'd also scoot over the stem of the J-note so that it's tangent to the ball; right now, it looks like it's stuck into the ball.

rATMcmK.png

Archived